WR vs TE?

The Bills have a lot of ways to go with upgrading their receving core. Would you prefer they pursue a top WR or a top TE? Or go after a mid value players at both positions. Like should they make a play for Cobb, or go after J Thomas? I think they should go after All mid tier players at Wr, TE, and G. Not superstars but upgrades at all position.I love the off season

The Bills have a lot of ways to go with upgrading their receving core. Would you prefer they pursue a top WR or a top TE? Or go after a mid value players at both positions. Like should they make a play for Cobb, or go after J Thomas? I think they should go after All mid tier players at Wr, TE, and G. Not superstars but upgrades at all position.I love the off season

Who is the mid tier TE you would want them to go after?

To answer the question - TE all the way.

You cannot make or go very deep in the playoffs averaging 3.7 yds/carry and less than 100 yds rushing/game.

So...the first priority is OL and specifically Guard to help the run game. The only player on the team that averaged more than 4 yds/carry in 2014 was Boobie Dixon (4.1). But he only had 105 attempts.

As we know, there were several times in the 2014 season when the Bills just would not run the ball - even with the lead. I think they need to do everything they can to improve the running game. I know Rex and Roman will make that happen.

I would say even as important as the TE, the Bills need to find multiple running backs (keeping CJ would be a start) that can catch the ball out of the backfield. Not check down passes but designed plays to get them in space. The ingredients are on the active roster - run inside with Dixon and occasionally Jackson and run wide with Spiller (after you teach him the one cut style of running). All of them can catch the ball out of the backfield. Draft RB or attain one through FA for depth.

Once you establish the run, you have to have someone that can threaten the middle of the field through the air. That is where the TE comes in. There is plenty of room on this roster for more than one TE. Scott Chandler gets better when a true #1 TE option is on the field with him.

At the end of the day it's about having more points than the other team. The defense was elite at preventing the other team from scoring (18.1 pts/game - the offense actually averaged 21.3 a game) and held opponents to less than 5000 yds (#3 in the league).

TEs offer a low risk way of keeping drives alive and defenders off the line of scrimmage. If the Bills had stay committed to the run or had a quality threat at TE they would have won 2 more games last year and made the playoffs (three if you count the Raiders game - sigh).

85% of the time it's about your 7 guys "in the box" beating the other team's 7 guys "in the box". Our defense does that consistently. With the addition of some quality O-Lineman I think things start looking much better. Then add a TE. THEN find someone who can match up with Gronk!

Side note - I know Pears/Urbik are beat to death on this board. Do you realize they were both acquired in 2010 AFTER Whaley was named Asst. GM and Director of PRO Personnel? Urbik off waivers (from Pittsburgh) and Pears via FA after being cut by JAX and OAK (twice).

Iv seen a list of about 5 guys, whoever is left over and cheap. If we can't find a true #1 qb, TE dosent have the value.IMO

What list? After Julius and Cameron who are obviously not mid tier I don't remember anyone even worth going after. You create a thread stating Bills should go after mid tier WRs and TEs but can't even name who those players are.

It's easy to say the team should sign this or that type of player but shouldn't a key part of that suggestion be that a player like that be available? Saying they should just sign whoever is cheap doesn't answer the question.

Edited by Max997

What list? After Julius and Cameron who are obviously not mid tier I don't remember anyone even worth going after. You create a thread stating Bills should go after mid tier WRs and TEs but can't even name who those players are.

It's easy to say the team should sign this or that type of player but shouldn't a key part of that suggestion be that a player like that be available? Saying they should just sign whoever is cheap doesn't answer the question.

Clay from Miami for one. Tim Wright another,Lots of options at TE. And if all the Wr that could be available are, they might get a deal on one. Like V Jax for 5mil a year. I'd take VJax at 5mpy over J Thomas at 8-9mpy. I thought their is just to many individual scenarios to get specific. I was going for a more general overview of ways they could go. Edited by Franchiseneedsme

I think having the ability to use the multiple set of TE will do wonders for a ball control playaction type of offense.

I'm particularly intrigued by Marquis Gray in these sets...a personnel grouping of Gray (as the move HB), Chandler & J. Cameron (FA) or drafted athletic TE and Watkins in a bunch formation would drive opposing DC's bonkers. These guys with a RB like CJ or draft pick T. Coleman could play to the mismatch situationally...this would be nice.

Clay from Miami for one. Tim Wright another,Lots of options at TE. And if all the Wr that could be available are, they might get a deal on one. Like V Jax for 5mil a year. I'd take VJax at 5mpy over J Thomas at 8-9mpy. I thought their is just to many individual scenarios to get specific. I was going for a more general overview of ways they could go.

Are Clay who isn't really a true TE and Wright an upgrade over Chandler?

The only guy worth a shot IMO in free agency after Julius and Cameron is Jermaine Gresham who never turned into a top TE in Cincinatti but is still young and could possibly benefit from a change of scenery

Edited by Max997