As I sit here, instead of the bar...

...because I am snowed in, I think of all of the promises that were made about snow, and it going away, never to return.

I know there's a thread about the hoax. However, I want to focus attention on the very specific promises that were made years ago, and how many of their deadlines have passed/are about to pass.

There is of course the famous Rush Limbaugh/Al Gore countdown clock(which is probably where Olberman got his idea for his show) that has been running since 2006: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2006/01/27/algore_we_have_ten_years_left_before_earth_cooks In less than a year, the ass falls out of Al Gore's prediction. This is not some obscure kook scientist we don't know. This is a former VP of the USA talking about US policy, that must be implemented to avoid catastrophe. If Brian Williams gets 6 months for his delusions of grandeur? What does Al Gore get?

And of course there's the hilariously famous "children just aren't going to know what snow is" from 2000: http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/snowfalls-are-now-just-a-thing-of-the-past-724017.html This one is fun because at the end it has "Snow will probably cause chaos in 20 years time". When doesn't heavy snow cause chaos? :lol: Or, in other words:

rms7t5_jpg.jpg

There's the skiing in Scotland that was forever at an end: http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/feb/14/climatechange.scotland Hint: any time you see "theguardian" in a link? Prepare for bias and/or BS. 10 years ago? Scottish skiing was done? Well, I think not: http://ski.visitscotland.com/conditions/ Read it and weep, clowns.

You get the idea.

And now? Since the snow predictions have all failed?

Let's invoke "The Grapes of Wrath"! 'Generation Long Dust Bowl' for 35 damn years! They can't get it done with snow, so, they try to tell us deserts are going to be dry. I mean, after all, you're much more likely to be at least in the ball park when you say a desert is going to be a desert, right? No annoying accumulations of desert to contend with, only "Look, 20 years later and it's still a desert! See?". :lol:

Coming? It's already here in the southwest. In fact, it's been here for nearly two years. That's not hype, the lack of water is very real.

It's a DESERT! The SouthWest is a DESERT... Drought exist there, that's why they called them DESERTS.

;-P Move! ;-P

Okay, maybe you don't exactly live in the part of The SouthWest that's officially considered a desert... But you are pretty close! LA wouldn't last a week (I am actually being kind) if the aqueducts weren't taking (again being kind w/my words) the water from places like the Owens Valley...

;-P

It's a DESERT! The SouthWest is a DESERT... Drought exist there, that's why they called them DESERTS.

;-P Move! ;-P

Okay, maybe you don't exactly live in the part of The SouthWest that's officially considered a desert... But you are pretty close! LA wouldn't last a week (I am actually being kind) if the aqueducts weren't taking (again being kind w/my words) the water from places like the Owens Valley...

;-P

Maybe you should talk to my buddy who has lived in NoCal for 25 years...golf courses/farms/nursery's etc are giving up....

Edited by baskin

Maybe you should talk to my buddy who has lived in NoCal for 25 years...golf courses/farms/nursery's etc are giving up....

Wow? Yeah? No way!?

That's hilarious because they're not. Those that are were only in existence because the rerouting of water from the mountains and other things that has now been cut off or reduced. The good ol' gov use to send in water to the areas in the piedmont and allow for farms and industries to tap in to them.

Talk to the gov' about that one, because that's all them. The California drought, funny.

Now this may blow your mind here, but are they giving up because of the ecological climate or the economic climate?

that, too.

a winery every .2 miles is not very smart.

The Willy Wonka thing threw me off so I'm confused as to whether this is an effort to make jolly of the global warming theorists or just a random musing unrelated to anything remotely political.

If you are making a political point about global warming, and note that I don't have the scientific or ecological bona fides to opine in any coherent way around this issue, didn't they say that this was one of the hottest summers on record - looking at 2014 as a whole? It was hot as $h!t here in the mid Atlantic but I'll admit to not doing any aggregate temp data.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/09/18/earth-hottest-summer-climate/15823745/

And before you attack the article, note:

1. I haven't read it. I just cut and paste the first thing that came up in Google to reference what I recall hearing from about 6 months ago.

2. I'm not sure if whatever data that was used to support the thesis of this article has been peer reviewed, or will stand up to scrutiny within the scientific community. It's in the USA today so I imagine that it's not predicated on "junk science" at least.

And maybe for the best. Golf courses are some of the worst places for the environment... Biggest water hogs and fertilizer run-off nightmares. They simply don't belong there. It would seem the area is returning back to what it should be.

Wow? Yeah? No way!?

That's hilarious because they're not. Those that are were only in existence because the rerouting of water from the mountains and other things that has now been cut off or reduced. The good ol' gov use to send in water to the areas in the piedmont and allow for farms and industries to tap in to them.

Talk to the gov' about that one, because that's all them. The California drought, funny.

that, too.

a winery every .2 miles is not very smart.

Go sickem boy! Get on 'em!

x2 thumbs up!

The Willy Wonka thing threw me off so I'm confused as to whether this is an effort to make jolly of the global warming theorists or just a random musing unrelated to anything remotely political.

If you are making a political point about global warming, and note that I don't have the scientific or ecological bona fides to opine in any coherent way around this issue, didn't they say that this was one of the hottest summers on record - looking at 2014 as a whole? It was hot as **** here in the mid Atlantic but I'll admit to not doing any aggregate temp data.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/09/18/earth-hottest-summer-climate/15823745/

1. I haven't read it. I just cut and paste the first thing that came up in Google to reference what I recall hearing from about 6 months ago.

2. I'm not sure if whatever data that was used to support the thesis of this article has been peer reviewed, or will stand up to scrutiny within the scientific community. It's in the USA today so I imagine that it's not predicated on "junk science" at least.

LMAO... You'd be amazed @ how much stuff gets abused, is flat out wrong in the mainstream media.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are making a political point about global warming, and note that I don't have the scientific or ecological bona fides to opine in any coherent way around this issue, didn't they say that this was one of the hottest summers on record - looking at 2014 as a whole? It was hot as **** here in the mid Atlantic but I'll admit to not doing any aggregate temp data.

Willy Wonka: The notion that heavy snow causing chaos....was portrayed as a "prediction" 10 years ago...is hilarious to anyone from WNY. 100/100(who am I kidding? It's more like 3456/3456) times in my lifetime, heavy snow has caused chaos. Only an unmitigated moron would make such a "prediction". To make it simple: how many people now own a generator in WNY due to the October Surprise Ice Hell? A real prediction would be: "heavy snow in Buffalo will cease 10 years from now, if we don't do something about GW". But, not even these clowns had the stones to make that call.

Hottest(actually that is a concotion based on retrofitting historical data, especially from the 70s) year on record: utter crap. In fact: here you go We're back to 1936. 1936 as the hottest month on record. So, whoever "they" are? One thing is certain, they are basing their entire argument on the activities of people who got caught intentionally fudging the data, and now they've changed it back. Period. Paragraph. Page. End of story.

How about that for a "political point"? :lol: Why the F is the NOAA screwing with data? Especially when one cosiders that the original, non-fudged data was used to supposedly "settle" the science on this issue in the first place? :blink: As I've said over and over: forget the "you/I/we are not a climate experts" argument. Their BEHAVIOR/time has rendered that point worthless. You don't need to be a scientist to recognize this behavior for what it is, correct? I see 3 possible explanations for F'ing with "settled" data, and then changing it back:

1. Political Agenda

2. Political Agenda

3. Political Agenda

The entire notion of "hottest on record" is now, due to the behavior of the usual suspects, in and of itself: a political point. I didn't do that. They did. Don't need to be a scientist/have a background/whatever to figure that one out either.

You're a lawyer. This walks like a duck.