Orton retirement

Jobu

Forgive me for expecting a bit more of our veteran QB who "gives us the best chance at winning" and the playoffs, than from a rookie.

Forgive me for expecting a bit more of our veteran QB who "gives us the best chance at winning" and the playoffs, than from a rookie.

After every hand off, EJ RAN AWAY from the line of scrimmage towards the opposite end zone. It was if he crapped in his pants, and the comfort station was in that direction. I don't cut EJ any slack for inexperience, because I have never seen a more chickensh!t player at that position, except for Trent Edwards.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After every hand off, EJ RAN AWAY from the line of scrimmage towards the opposite end zone. It was if he crapped in his pants, and the comfort station was in that direction. I don't cut EJ any slack for inexperience, because I have never seen a more chickensh!t player at that position, except for Trent Edwards.

What is fiction for 200 Alex ?

Bills actually had some semblance of a run game when Ej played compared to ole quittypants.

Orton in his 10th year had a .3 better qbr than Manuel did in his rookie year. What an upgrade.

Many media and Miami fans wanted Tannehill benched after the Bills game. The coaches stuck with him and he improved. We should have done the same with EJ. There is no upside with Orton.

Why Bills fans defend this average on his best days Orton is beyond me. He basically used us for $5 million, tried not to get hurt, & now we go into another offseason not knowing about the qb position.

You find your qb through the draft. The. You play him through ups and downs and don't bench him for journeyman scrubs. Then you evaluate after 2 years. Not 14 starts. Orton, and more so Marrone, set this franchise back. And now both are gone. What a waste of a great defense.

I understand where you're coming from on this, but EJ needed to take a seat. Marrone made the right move on that one. EJ had become very tentative and his receivers were almost at the point of rebellion because of their frustrations. He was not leading the offense and it was a quagmire. From all accounts, Orton was very driven to succeed in practice/preparation.

Hopefully the upside from Orton's time was that EJ got a chance to observe, circle back and learned how to properly prepare and lead the offense.

Obviously the offense never got fully untracked and I think Marrone made the wrong move not at least giving EJ the second half of the New England game.