Does the Signing of Incognito affect Signing Hardy?

Uffalo Ills

I know, I know, there is too much on 2BD about incognito...But, on 2BD, i have sometimes seen Greg Hardy's name mentioned as a possible FA target for the Bills to replace Hughes. I was wondering what the rest of y'all think about whether or not the Bills signing incognito makes any difference on a possible deal with Hardy. Personally, I think it makes it less likely, even though the charges against Hardy were dropped. I just think that taking in 2 league blacklisted individuals might present too much for the bills to handle.

Alternately, the Bills might have shown they are not afraid to sign shady individuals, making a Hardy deal more likely...

Then again it could have no effect at all...

Any thoughts? :beer:

I would assume that each of these players will be looked at and treated differently depending on their specific circumstances.

Signing RI shows that they definitely don't have a "zero tolerance" policy for bringing in players with problems in their past. But beyond that, it is to early to tell if this is any indication that they will be signing any and all players with past issues.

Anything is possible. I still think the Bills have enough classy guys in the organization to help keep these guys on the right path. Is definitely take a look and if he is signed it's gotta be an incentives type deal or a 1 year thing. Low risk high reward. Let the player prove his worth again and maybe go from there.

They didnt cheat.

Good players are hard to find. And they dont come available often.

Downside? Rex is supposed to be a "players coach" which suggests the inmates run the asylum. There isnt much strong vocal leadership on this team (Wood, Spikes, Kyle).

Pats got the drill right. Bring in "troubled" players at a discount to what they're worth sans the history. If they act up cut your losses and dump them asap. Some will work out, some won't .... But the ones that do (e.g. moss) will more than make up for the minimal cost of getting rid of those that dont (e.g. haynesworth)

Edited by JTSP

No women on the team so I don't see how he would be considered a risk.

Incognito was a cancer, Hardy was never a locker room cancer.

You have Richie pegged waaaay wrong. His team mates loved him in Miami and they did everything to sweep it under the rug. Martin was a pampered baby from the beginning and the OL coach for Miami wanted RI and the other guys to toughen him up. They didn't beat him, they didn't make him do things he didn't want to do. RI is your typical meat head and if anyone has spent time in any locker room HS, college or pro there is always 1 maybe 2. Ever hear the stories of Warren Sapp??? I implore you to google.

You have Richie pegged waaaay wrong. His team mates loved him in Miami and they did everything to sweep it under the rug. Martin was a pampered baby from the beginning and the OL coach for Miami wanted RI and the other guys to toughen him up. They didn't beat him, they didn't make him do things he didn't want to do. RI is your typical meat head and if anyone has spent time in any locker room HS, college or pro there is always 1 maybe 2. Ever hear the stories of Warren Sapp??? I implore you to google.

Exactly, those saying he's a "cancer" have not followed the whole story. He was a captain on the team, unless teammates were afraid not to vote for him. Lol.

Agreed Warren Sapp is a pos, hence his recent arrest, still a helluv a football player.

Couldn't agree more. Reminds me of steve ott. Negative image around the league, everyone hates to play against him, and he is the guy you want on your team, teammates love him