Now THAT'S a halftime show.

_BiB_

Twenty years ago I would've agreed...

but all they care about these days is $$$, including Keef.

If the price was right, they'd do it.

232193[/snapback]

Absolutely. Once they got paid by MS for "Start Me Up," the flood gates opened and anything was game for these dudes.

Still one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Mick worked a two-tiered thrust stage for three solid hours, singing and running up one flight of stairs, singing and running across the second tier, then singing and running down the other flight of stairs...taking one break for the length of time it took Richards to perform a single song.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Once they got paid by MS for "Start Me Up," the flood gates opened and anything was game for these dudes.

232198[/snapback]

Yep. Another example is the private concert they played in 2002 for the Texas Pacific Group...$7M for 1700 people.

If they're on tour & you've got the $$$, you can hire them too. :w00t:

Have some respect for your elders!  :doh:  He's a legend and can still perform.  "some old dude"?? WTF?  His name is Paul McCartney and he was part of this band called the Beatles.  I guess you never heard of them. :doh:

232183[/snapback]

Dude I had the Beatles played up my ahole by my two brothers when I was young I think I have every song they ever did embedded in my brain like a mp3 player. Believe me I know all too well who he is. Not that I dont have respect for the Beatles accomplishments but friggen enough is enough. Let it go. Man they keep ressurecting this cash cow and it grew old 20 years ago. On to new business as far as im concerned. I guess its just me I hate living in the past. I have a particular disdain for nostalgia and such things like classic rock. It just depresses me.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Bruce Springstein at a Superbowl halftime. But I'm sure the youngsters wouldn't be cool with that.

231845[/snapback]

who cares what they're cool with....let em, watch Beevis and Ashlee Simpson on MTV

Dude I had the Beatles played up my ahole by my two brothers when I was young I think I have every song they ever did embedded in my brain like a mp3 player. Believe me I know all too well who he is. Not that I dont have respect for the Beatles accomplishments but friggen enough is enough. Let it go. Man they keep ressurecting this cash cow and it grew old 20 years ago. On to new business as far as im concerned. I guess its just me I hate living in the past. I have a particular disdain for nostalgia and such things like classic rock. It just depresses me.

233042[/snapback]

As it's been said before, that's not our loss. Many do appreciate music of various types, as well as past and present periods. That you wish to limit yourself is your choice but there would be many here that prefer and enjoy being a bit more open minded than that. We all have our preferences, as clearly you do as well, but I'll prefer to keep time from limiting mine.

So, how do you like Frank Sinatra music?