golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

I randomly went on the Masters site yesterday afternoon and watched the threesome of Nicklaus, Player, and Watson finish out the par-3 contest...Watson won it and Nicklaus finished in a tie for 4th.  Incredible.  But the best part, and literally one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed in golf, was when Jack's caddy, his grandson who is 15 and plays H.S. golf, hit a hole in one on the 9th.  The sheer joy on Jack's face, and watching the reactions of Player and Watson, was priceless.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I randomly went on the Masters site yesterday afternoon and watched the threesome of Nicklaus, Player, and Watson finish out the par-3 contest...Watson won it and Nicklaus finished in a tie for 4th.  Incredible.  But the best part, and literally one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed in golf, was when Jack's caddy, his grandson who is 15 and plays H.S. golf, hit a hole in one on the 9th.  The sheer joy on Jack's face, and watching the reactions of Player and Watson, was priceless.

Yeah, saw that on TSN. That was pretty cool. 

I know I am in the minority, and I mean a real small minority, who cant stand Jack Nicklaus. He always sneaks in what a great golfer/architect/person he is..always about him.

This tweet drives me nuts..my 6 Green Jackets..how bout just saying what a special moment it was for you..and make it about your grandson and NOT you.

49 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I know I am in the minority, and I mean a real small minority, who cant stand Jack Nicklaus. He always sneaks in what a great golfer/architect/person he is..always about him.

Nobody really liked Jack, he was despised for his first decade in the public eye.

His work with restricted golf courses ticked off a lot of people in my life, to this day still.

Friday, April 6

• 9:14 a.m. – Fred Couples, Haotong Li, Joaquin Niemann
  • 10:31 a.m. – Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Matt Kuchar
  • 1:27 p.m. – Tiger Woods, Marc Leishman, Tommy Fleetwood
  • 2:00 p.m. – Patrick Reed, Charley Hoffman, Adam Hadwin

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

This tweet drives me nuts..my 6 Green Jackets..how bout just saying what a special moment it was for you..and make it about your grandson and NOT you.

I hear you, I really do.  But think about it -- the man can't go anywhere -- particularly the Masters -- without everyone having their noses six inches up his behind.  What would that do to you?  To me?  We'll never know.  I know that witnessing it live, his reaction was pure joy.  It wasn't about him, he was crying...

On 4/4/2018 at 6:18 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wow!

Did anybody see what this guy's deal is?  Does that happen all the time to him.  He seemed to know what to do and wasn't too bothered by it...............And, then goes out today and shoots -4! 

26 minutes ago, bbb said:

Did anybody see what this guy's deal is?  Does that happen all the time to him.  He seemed to know what to do and wasn't too bothered by it...............And, then goes out today and shoots -4! 

He said it had never happened before.