bills could play opening Thursday night in Foxborough?

As a season ticket holder, I hate the prime time games......screws up all sorts of things........lots of love on this board for those games, but if you have to go out and sit in the stands on a late November night when its 15F out, you hate it. Bills were on thursday night a couple of years ago in Nov, our group just skipped the game rather than sit out in the brutal conditions.

Which is why the NFL needs to schedule a primetime game at RWS in September or October.

Regardless, the atmosphere at a night game is like nothing else. You see the schedule, you plan accordingly (take Friday, Monday, or Tuesday off), and have fun.

Edited by eball

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a season ticket holder, I hate the prime time games......screws up all sorts of things........lots of love on this board for those games, but if you have to go out and sit in the stands on a late November night when its 15F out, you hate it. Bills were on thursday night a couple of years ago in Nov, our group just skipped the game rather than sit out in the brutal conditions.

I hate TNF because of the short prep time and it being against a div opponent is even worse. If we can fulfill our TNF obligation in week 1 that would be great so we don't need to have a short week. Also pats are usually not up to full speed early in the season and would like to get that Foxboro game out of the way.

Great EJ Manuel against Tom Brady on National TV in New England, how exciting .

Yep, this sounds like something the Networks would do...... :thumbdown:

eh hem care to try again before you blindly trash EJ

Week1 QB - EJ Manuel in his first NFL start

September 8, 2013 Buffalo Bills New England Patriots 21 23 L

Week17 QB - Thad Lewis

December 29, 2013 Buffalo Bills @ New England Patriots 20 34 L

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

eh hem care to try again before you blindly trash EJ

Week1 QB - EJ Manuel in his first NFL start

September 8, 2013 Buffalo Bills New England Patriots 21 23 L

Week17 QB - Thad Lewis

December 29, 2013 Buffalo Bills @ New England Patriots 20 34 L

Your right, bring back Thad :thumbsup:

huh? EJ lost by 2 points. Thad by 14.

Oh never mind u haters got to hate.

I looked this up a really long time ago but if I recall correctly, EJ had a significantly higher QBR than Brady in that game. I think the concept of the poster was that EJ doesn't draw ratings. I think he could compete with them, though, with our defense and new offense. Edited by YoloinOhio

The point of the thread was..it's on the table..because Rex Ryan signing makes Bills relevant..not if EJ can beat Tommy..Pittsburgh only playoff team on their home schedule obviously most likely..Philly next best record then bills..with addition of Rex it's not likely but it's possible...

Edited by ronnieroscoe

Checked schedule, if Patriots win superbowl only three games make sense for prime time season opener. Pittsburgh, Philly or Rex Ryan and the Bills. Pittsburgh makes most sense...but the Bills are definitely on the table with hiring of Rex.

Sure hope not. Ugh!

The point of the thread was..it's on the table..because Rex Ryan signing makes Bills relevant..not if EJ can beat Tommy..Pittsburgh most likely..Philly next then bills..it's not likely but it's possible...

I think we may exaggerate Rex' effect. Remember, lots of fans around the league still consider him as a buffoon. I don't agree, but it's out there.

Checked schedule, if Patriots win superbowl only three games make sense for prime time season opener. Pittsburgh, Philly or Rex Ryan and the Bills. Pittsburgh makes most sense...but the Bills are definitely on the table with hiring of Rex.

No chance *Pats* win sb.

Seattle and Browns please.

I remember a time when the SB champs had to open their season on the road,

against a tough opponent. I specifically recall Dallas coming to Buffalo after

we lost one year to them in the SB. We beat them too.

They should make it tougher to repeat.

The Patriots seem to have a charmed existence.