State of the Union Preview......In Five Words

B-Man

This speech had one audience: the DC-NY media. And it's going to work for them like gangbusters.

CNN announcing this was a speech to the "democrat base." I thought it was supposed to be a state of the union speech.

"Let's work together in bipartisanship, and have a politics worthy of our country. Also, remember, I won twice."

He won twice. Democrats lost three times.

If you like Obama, you loved this speech. If you don’t, you wonder what planet this speaker has been living on for the last four years.

On FNC, Bret Baier reports this was first State of the Union without al Qaeda reference since before 9/11...................no surprise

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, dumb ass, it was about a standby you made. You never answer questions but ask all the time. That's childish

Why should I answer a a question regarding a statement that I've never voted for a President I was proud of. What do you base that on?

No you tell me what Presidents I voted for every year since I've been able to vote and why I wasn't proud of them. Come on gatorchild you made the accusation. Back it up.

I can't, you really got me there. Now go have another five beers

B-Man unfamiliar with political State of the Union speeches?

No, he is a complete idiot Edited by gatorman

B-Man unfamiliar with political State of the Union speeches?

No.

I am also familiar with transparent attempts of distraction..................

I also see, no point in "responses" to the SOTU.........they are a no win thing, and the opposing party should never bother.

Senator Ernst will be formidable in the future, but no response speech is worth the time.

So tonight we learned that: Climate change is a national security threat. Islamic jihad is not.

Crumbling infrastructure,

poor education,

collapsing foreign policy

Man, I hope Obama can save us from whoever's been in charge these last 6 years.

Tonight, we finally learned why Obama wants to normalize relations with Cuba. It's where he imports all of his policies from.

Obama urges civility, then immediately taunts...

Knocks 'Constant Fundraising,' Asks for Donations...

Address sets new record for most veto threats...

Edited by B-Man

Nice job by Guy Benson here, breaking down the speech. It's interesting watching the Obama nutsuckers do whatever they can to drag some assemblance of a legacy across the finish line for him, yet his words versus his actions, again, don't work.

The candidate who ran on Big Bird and "binders full of women" is disappointed with others' obsession with trivial gaffes and fake controversies. And the president who outspent his opponents by hundreds of millions of dollars over two cycles, and who established a SuperPAC after savaging SuperPACs a "threat to our democracy" has pronounced himself tired of "dark money" and ads that "pull us into the gutter." The face-melting hypocrisy at play is so astounding that I genuinely can't decide if it's acute self-delusion or masters-level trolling. If the 'better politics' Obama described on Tuesday truly represents his vision, he has betrayed his principles so thoroughly that one would think he'd be ashamed to raise the issue in public -- let alone climb back atop the high horse he's beaten to death with his own actions over the last six years. Instead, he delivered this sermon without a glimmer of recognition that he's come to embody everything he professes to disdain and loathe about the ugly state of Washington, DC. And literally seconds after concluding what he probably believed to be a poetic and profound lecture on the smallness of our politics, this happened:

(Here he posts a video of Obama's "I won both elections" comment).

According to one reporter in the gallery, that applause originated from…the First Lady, with a smattering of Republicans chuckling and joining in. The petulant president couldn't transcend the moment; a snarky, adolescent smack-down was just too juicy to pass up. So he ad-libbed a smirking zinger, instantly reminding everyone watching that his empty words about "a better politics" were puffy platitudes directed at others, not himself, and reinforcing exactly why this man is congenitally incapable of constructive, consensus-building leadership.

Obama translations from John Stossel #SOTU pic.twitter.com/RvapcF1jQu

Obama Just Said..............................................................................................What That Means

"Middle Class economics work".................................................................We found a meaningless phrase that polls well

"Everyone plays by the same set of rules"...........................................................Except, the Political Class

"I call on Congress to authorize the.............................................................. I guess the Constitution matters after all

use of force against ISIS"

" No challenge proves a greater threat to future............................................Except the bad ideas that we impose so that we can pretend to be doing something

generations than Climate Change"

The Onion fact checks SOTU.

• “Fourteen of the 15 warmest years on record have all fallen in the first 15 years of this century”: This statement is true, unless you decide to believe that it isn’t.
  • “The shadow of crisis has passed”: Only a naïve man or a liar could say such a thing. Crisis’s long shadow haunts us always.
  • “ISIS will be disrupted by our airstrikes, but will likely continue to operate and commit mass atrocities for years to come”: True
  • “Wages are finally starting to rise again”: This is false. What we perceive as “time” is merely an illusion created by the limitations of our own consciousness. All is now.
  • “Tonight, the San Antonio Spurs will defeat the Denver Nuggets 109-99 in overtime”: Though this was in fact the final score, the Spurs-Nuggets game ended in regulation.
  • “Forty-three million workers have no paid sick leave”: Really? Wow.
  • “During season two of Oz: The president was actually referring to season three.
  • “So, it’s time we stop treating childcare as a side issue, or a women’s issue, and treat it like the national economic priority that it is for all of us”: Childcare is an issue exclusive to women.
  • “As always, we pay our respects to Inari, God of Storms, for providing us this bountiful harvest”: The God of Storms is Susanoo; Inari is the God of Foxes.
  • “Snake!”: It was actually just an old length of hose.