Might Kyle Orton reconsider his retirement under Rex Ryan

HOUSE

Roman is more geared to coaching things Orton just cannot do like the read option, the pistol -- mobile QB. Its not a fit schematically. EJ is a fit schematically...Chase Daniel (trade), Michael Vick, Jake Locker are names to watch I think..

Fair enough, I like it :thumbsup:

I'd have to think Orton might be more inclined to wait to see how the O line shapes up first.

Then i'd also think that he was already considering retirement before the season ended, and if that was the case the old NFL adage applies. "if you are thinking about retiring, then you already are retired".

Assuming he did have a change of heart, why would a new HC/OC with a blank slate and an eye toward the future of the franchise (something that I'd argue Marrone did not this season, for now obvious reasons) want him back knowing that he's now "walked away" twice?

Brett Favre got to play that retirement drama a few times but I don't think Orton can. He has retired twice now so he does not get third chance. Plus, in games not involving the Jets, Kyle gave the Bills nothing beyond what EJ had.

I think the question needs to be asked. We really have no real proof on why KYLE ORTON RETIRED but the hiring of a new coach could change everything. I am not buying the BE WITH THE FAMILY BS. Marrones retirement was unexpected and I bet Orton is shitting his pants right now. WHAT.....WHAT......REX RYAN.....OMG !!!

Lets put it this way, I wouldn't bet against his return. It all depends on who the new coach likes. Lets face it Kyle Orton could be a completely different QB with a decent running attack and an improved OL. Personally I think he was frustrated with Buffalo's 2014 offensive strategy.

I am not endorsing a return just the possibility. :flirt:

I don't care whether he would reconsider his retirement. If he's thinking about retirement, he's already retired. Nothing to see here, move on.

Orton was exactly the same QB here he's been throughout his whole career, with the possible exception that maybe 5 years ago he goes for a 1st down instead of sliding.