Cheatriot at it again

Mij yllek

a lot of "good" teams don't win the SB. Again .... how many other "good" teams have to rely of trickery year in and year out?

How many teams also relied on the Refs creating rules to help them win?

Not many.

Um, pretty much all teams rely on trickery. So I guess defenses shouldn't move or shift. A QB shouldn't use a hard count. The entire game is based on misdirection and trying to hide what you are trying to do!

Just wondering -- how have the Pats "relied on the Refs creating rules to help them win?" The tuck rule was changed after that season ... What else you got? And the videotaping rule was changed after they were "caught"? Recall they lost a 1st round draft pick AND STILL CONTINUED TO WIN!!!

Game, set, match.

Losing sucks, but don't be so jealous of a successful organization.

I wish the Bills were like the Pats. Would be nice to see them actually win a meaningful game every once in a while.

Over the years NE has found a lot of loop holes. some to the point the league has to change a rule or modify it. And Tom Brady is right read the rule book! But he did not say find loop holes in the rules. and what is sad is they move on not because there a great team as everyone of there fans an most of the media would lead you to believe. They got outplayed an they knew it!! Most anybody can win on a uneven playing field. Watch out Colts I don't think they have played all there cards yet!!! I think NE falls nothing short of finding new ways to use rule book against you.. I hate NE always have!! I am hoping Sexy Rexy reads the rule book an then flat beats them next year. I also wonder if they don't make SB if there might be a house cleaning in NE Just a thought.

House cleaning? Really? That makes a lot of sense.

Wishful thinking?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The refs !@#$ed this up by not allowing the defense to know who is ineligible. Pats are smart everyone is dumb.

The refs !@#$ed this up by not allowing the defense to know who is ineligible. Pats are smart everyone is dumb.

Other teams have used that exact play so not like they invented it.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Other teams have used that exact play so not like they invented it.

You can post this 1000 times, yet it will be no less false than it is now.

The refs announced the ineligiblity.

People are letting their hatred for the Patriots cloud their judgment. This was a genius move by Belichick. I hate him, but that was Brilliant and LEGAL. Wish our coaches would have think about it.

Actually he might not be all that. The Detroit Lions ran a similar trick formation earlier this year. In their case it failed badly. The Vikings D decided to take full advantage of them having only 4 blockers and sacked Stafford immediately.

The Ravens should not have been fooled every time. That was a breakdown on their part.

I won't be surprised if there is a rule clarification next year where announcing the ineligible player, lining up, and snapping the ball can't be done at bang-bang speed. For much the same reasons you can't have 18 players in the huddle and have 7 of them run off the field (based on which defensive personnel are spellbound trying to figure out what's happening) and in the same fire-drill scramble have your 11 line up and instantly snap the ball.

"Legal," yes. In that it was within the rules.

But it was also a use of the rules in a manner in which they weren't intended to be used. It wasn't "playing the game" as much as it was "gaming the system." And that's cheating.

I am going to be slathered here. but.

is not the game about pushing the limits of the rules?

Hell yes it is. the players do it every single play at nearly every position. Just watch the trenches for a couple plays. But even better notice how the Seahawks pushed the calling of Defensive pass interference to its limits. And this past year all the hullabaloo about Refs watching it closer and calling it more often/quickly.

The corners around the league were adjusting. Because the Seahawks abused the Rule all year !

Thats the game. Dont be a hater DC. It may not be right and its certainly not saintly. But it worked.

Bill is a genius. That was awesome.

and the refs drug their feet letting the defense get enough time before the snap. Thats an issue maybe ?

i still loathe him.

Hoping Rex hates him as much as we do

I am going to be slathered here. but.

is not the game about pushing the limits of the rules?

Hell yes it is. the players do it every single play at nearly every position. Just watch the trenches for a couple plays. But even better notice how the Seahawks pushed the calling of Defensive pass interference to its limits. And this past year all the hullabaloo about Refs watching it closer and calling it more often/quickly.

The corners around the league were adjusting. Because the Seahawks abused the Rule all year !

Thats the game. Dont be a hater DC. It may not be right and its certainly not saintly. But it worked.

Bill is a genius. That was awesome.

and the refs drug their feet letting the defense get enough time before the snap. Thats an issue maybe ?

i still loathe him.

Hoping Rex hates him as much as we do

Was he a genius when they blocked the Dolphins kick?

The home press expresses doubt.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/12/report_dolphins_believe_patriots_used_illegal_form.html

Section 1, Article 3(b) is unambiguous. And there is clearly 7 players on the right side of the formation.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/12_2013_Scrimmage_Kick.pdf

Maybe boston.com should "read the rule book". B-)

Have no doubt i would be very pleased to find out that Bill had stepped over the line and was taken to task by the NFL!

But he is still one smart cookie. Hey one of his flunkies probably came up with the idea. But it was effective against the Ravens and thats the end result.

b b was quoted saying he announced it to the refs before hand. if the Refs handled the play poorly thats a whole nother ball of twine brother : )