(OT) Cup Of Urine A Day

Rico

....yeah, and remember that eating boogers is good for you too!  Shoot, my bet is that people who drink urine would eat boggers as well, so this study is flawed.

17306[/snapback]

What the hell is a 'booger', man?

I dont't know if anyone here has seen History Bytes. It's on the history channel however I believe it is only on the Canadian version. I know it from the newsgroups. It is very good historical satire. Anyway in one episode Martha Stewart in roman times is talking about the benefits of Portugese urine for mouth wash. The stronger the better.

Now since the show is based on history I quickly did a google on urine mouthwash. Sure enough, the Romans used it.

I guess no matter how bad it tastes, I'd stick with Listerine.

It's a booger that gets stuck in your nose.  Ya know bogged down so to speak.  Quit being picky! <_<

17613[/snapback]

lol.....that's actually pretty funny, man.....I've been fighting with one of those bastards all day! I never even thought about distinguinshing among boogers.......BRILLIANT! ;)

This does't make any sense to me. Your urine is concentrated poison. There's a reason those toxins get flushed OUT of the body.

17334[/snapback]

not really:

urine = urea + uric acid + salt

any "toxins" are removed by the liver. any detectable metabolites of substances like drugs in the urine are harmless...because they are just that...metabolites. all in all it is very benign stuff, and almost exactly the same as the stuff you sweat. it is also sterile.

by comparison:

sweat = uric acid + salt

don't take this to mean i am gonna be drinking pee anytime soon. there is no health problem i've ever had that is gonna make me resort to that. i remember reading the story about jorge posada peeing on his hands and THAT turned my stomach.

also fyi, back in the late 80s, drinking urine was an experimental treatment for hiv infection...turns out it didn't work. but a lot of poor souls tried...

not really:

urine = urea + uric acid + salt

any "toxins" are removed by the liver.  any detectable metabolites of substances like drugs in the urine are harmless...because they are just that...metabolites.  all in all it is very benign stuff, and almost exactly the same as the stuff you sweat.  it is also sterile.

by comparison:

sweat = uric acid + salt

don't take this to mean i am gonna be drinking pee anytime soon.  there is no health problem i've ever had that is gonna make me resort to that.  i remember reading the story about jorge posada peeing on his hands and THAT turned my stomach.

also fyi, back in the late 80s, drinking urine was an experimental treatment for hiv infection...turns out it didn't work.  but a lot of poor souls tried...

17830[/snapback]

Well, thank you DC Tom. <_< I still find these pissy reponses totally in the category of wet blanket.