My Q.B. choice 2015 draft Bryce Petty

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Petty looks good from a distance, but I would be concerned with the scheme they run. Like Mariotta, who I'm not a huge fan of at this point, Petty throws to wide open receivers all the time. Granted, when I've watched he usually hits these wide open guys in stride resulting in huge plays, but I would be concerned if he can recognize the holes you need to throw into in the NFL before they develop and if he has the true accuracy to do it. Right now, for me, no higher than 3rd. I still grade them out as Mariotta mid 1st, Wisnton late 1st early 2nd, Hundley mid to late 2nd, Petty 3rd, Prescott 3rd/4th Unfortunately, I think all those guys will be gone before my grades on them and we would have to reach in 2nd for Petty. I would love a G/TE with our first two picks and then grab Prescott in the 4th.

Edited by Mark80

Petty looks good from a distance, but I would be concerned with the scheme they run. Like Mariotta, who I'm not a huge fan of at this point, Petty throws to wide open receivers all the time. Granted, when I've watched he usually hits these wide open guys in stride resulting in huge plays, but I would be concerned if he can recognize the holes you need to throw into in the NFL before they develop and if he has the true accuracy to do it. Right now, for me, no higher than 3rd. I still grade them out as Mariotta mid 1st, Wisnton late 1st early 2nd, Hundley mid to late 2nd, Petty 3rd, Prescott 3rd/4th Unfortunately, I think all those guys will be gone before my grades on them and we would have to reach in 2nd for Petty. I would love a G/TE with our first two picks and then grab Prescott in the 4th.

Like I said ,fault on here will be found on here,no matter who you pick. I watched the other so called better Qbs in the bowl games and they didn`t look as good to me. Missing wide open receivers and picks. It`s all a crap shoot. I just like Petty the best.

Not a fan of any of these guys right now. Winston is my #1 and would love for him to screw up before the draft so he can slip. Yeah, I hate his attitude, but I like his play at QB more than anyone else in this draft. If petty was there in rd 3 I'd love to take him. Round 2, I expect a guard or a DE if Hughes leaves.

Question is what would it take to move up from 50 to an earlier 2nd round pick?

Have to look at that when the time comes, but I would definitely be looking into it.

It's kind of funny, he only hits guys who are open, is that bad? I haven't seen anyone lately who does this. ( in a Bills uni)

He is a system guy? what, they don't have systems in the NFL?

Very few guys are "locks" with nothing wrong, if that's even the best choice of words to use. And if they are, they go top 3, and last I knew the Bills don't even pick in the first round, so trading up to the top 3 or even 10 is out of the question.

I hope EJ turns out to be the guy, but until he or somebody else does, I keep drafting QB's until we have one. There are a lot of starters in the league who did not go top 10, or even first round.

And by the way, not a fan of Winston, (maybe cause he played in a system, hehe)

Have to look at that when the time comes, but I would definitely be looking into it.

It's kind of funny, he only hits guys who are open, is that bad? I haven't seen anyone lately who does this. ( in a Bills uni)

He is a system guy? what, they don't have systems in the NFL?

Very few guys are "locks" with nothing wrong, if that's even the best choice of words to use. And if they are, they go top 3, and last I knew the Bills don't even pick in the first round, so trading up to the top 3 or even 10 is out of the question.

I hope EJ turns out to be the guy, but until he or somebody else does, I keep drafting QB's until we have one. There are a lot of starters in the league who did not go top 10, or even first round.

And by the way, not a fan of Winston, (maybe cause he played in a system, hehe)

It's not bad, per se, but it is concerning. Not sure if you are referring to my post or not, but I said it's is concerning because he never really had to throw balls in to tight windows there. Their scheme (like Oregon's) gets receivers wide open. Any NFL prospect should be able to make those throws (yes, insert EJ joke here). But, reading an NFL defense where you have to anticipate the openings before they occur and the windows are often miniscule is a much different animal than throwing to guys that are wide open. It's the difference between a career back up and a guy that can take you to the promise land. Can he do it? Maybe, he just never had to yet. I also said that he does seem to hit most of those guys in stride which points to good accuracy but AT THIS POINT, before workouts etc., I wouldn't take him in the second round.

And the only NFL team that runs anything close to those schemes are the Eagles and other teams adjusted to it this season and the results weren't nearly as successful as last year.

Edited by Mark80

After Mariota, Petty has the best arm in the draft. -Period.

Kids like Hundley, and Prescott while talented, aren't even close. Very easy to teach a kid how to throw a football... Much harder to teach WHEN. Petty has a knack for "when".

I'm also keeping my eye on low-hype kids like the tree's Kevin Hogan and RUT's Gary Nova... Both come from pro-style offenses, and exhibit strong fundamentals... They Lag behind the pack in other areas, but may prove more coachable in the NFL because of their college system.. Pro-style kids have a leg up..

After Mariota, Petty has the best arm in the draft. -Period.

Kids like Hundley, and Prescott while talented, aren't even close. Very easy to teach a kid how to throw a football... Much harder to teach WHEN. Petty has a knack for "when".

I'm also keeping my eye on low-hype kids like the tree's Kevin Hogan and RUT's Gary Nova... Both come from pro-style offenses, and exhibit strong fundamentals... They Lag behind the pack in other areas, but may prove more coachable in the NFL because of their college system.. Pro-style kids have a leg up..

I don't think he's coming out this year.