Interesting story on the end of SB 25...

LabattBlue

.....Sunday, for the first time since Super Bowl XXIV, White won't be on the sideline waiting to complete his mission. Instead, he will spend Super Bowl week passing on his knowledge to NFL types, who will take over White's duties. Then it's on to Honolulu and the Pro Bowl. Tough break.

White has plenty of tales to tell from his experiences, the most memorable being Super Bowl XXV, the notorious (for Buffalo Bills fans, at least) "Norwood, wide right" debacle..

You remember, the one where Scott Norwood missed a 47-yard game-winning field goal try with seconds remaining that deprived Bills fans of their only Super Bowl victory.

"That was the year the designers had the genius idea to incorporate the final score into the T-shirt," White says.

The T-shirts were pre-printed, as always, for both teams, leaving an opening where the score would be put on.

As Norwood prepared to kick the game-winner, White ordered the score of 22-20 to be put on the Buffalo shirts.

"I grab the first six and saunter out. As the ball's snapped, I'm literally 5 yards out on the field ready to sprint and give Marv Levy, Jim Kelly, and other players a T-shirt."

Then, wide right. "I pull a Baryshnikov, twirl around, run back in the tunnel, throw them in the garbage, and tell 'em, 'Put the Giants on there with the score 20-19!' " White says.

"I grabbed three and caught some guys before they got in the locker room. The next day (USA TODAY's) Rudy Martzke wrote that ABC got a call from some irate fan saying, 'I knew the games were fixed, they had a T-shirt with the score already on it! How did the league know what the final score was going to be?' "

The final score on the shirts created a buzz and was unique, White says, but not surprisingly it hasn't been incorporated into the T-shirts since.

And what becomes of the mistake or losing team's shirts? Well, since they are property of the NFL, they're either destroyed or sent to a foreign country whose people are in dire need of clothing. However, White says ESPN broadcaster and diehard Bills fan Chris Berman might be the sole owner of all four Buffalo Bills "Super Bowl Champions" caps. "He somehow commandeered all four," White says with a laugh.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/su...-24-29-30_x.htm

22-20. Somehow, even knowing thats what the score obviously would have been, seeing it in writing is like a kick in the sack.

229094[/snapback]

With a score like that, I'm sure somebody in Vegas would have made a crapload of dough.

I have 2 of those caps...  :D

229161[/snapback]

I've always wanted to find one of those "lost" caps or t-shirts for my own collection...I dont suppose you know any place or person out there that has them?

A buddy of mine was actually in a Rochester Salvation Army store and found a Bills SB victory T-shirt, but failed to retrieve it for me...so my search continues.

I've always wanted to find one of those "lost" caps or t-shirts for my own collection...I dont suppose you know any place or person out there that has them?

A buddy of mine was actually in a Rochester Salvation Army store and found a Bills SB victory T-shirt, but failed to retrieve it for me...so my search continues.

229174[/snapback]

always check out ebay. I found a Bills Super Bowl XXV Champion pennant on ebay. :P

My ex-gf lives between here and Costa Rica. She found me a Bills SBXXVIII Champions t-shirt at a swap meet down there. I kept it for a while but cant remember what I did with it. It was blue with the logo on it

My ex-gf lives between here and Costa Rica. She found me a Bills SBXXVIII Champions t-shirt at a swap meet down there. I kept it for a while but cant remember what I did with it. It was blue with the logo on it

229410[/snapback]

didnt realize that was my 300th post