Head Coach candidate: Pep Hamilton

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisTrapasso: HC interview rules now bit confusing. So my source may have been slightly off there. But #Bills have real interest in Hamilton. Request in.

@AdamSchefter: Bills requested permission to interview Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton, per team source.

@ChrisTrapasso: Based on main reports, and the few scoops / details I've received, it's quite clear #Bills want to be as thorough as possible with HC search

Here's what I know about Pep-

Worked for Harbaugh at Stanford

His offense was very aggressive this year in Indy ( much different than EJ is used to)

He was unable to establish a running game

His offense put up huge passing #s

He has Andrew Luck obviously

and he loooooves to throw to the TE

Minority candidate fulfilment?

If that is all it was for then phooey

Here's what I know about Pep-

Worked for Harbaugh at Stanford

His offense was very aggressive this year in Indy ( much different than EJ is used to)

He was unable to establish a running game

His offense put up huge passing #s

He has Andrew Luck obviously

and he loooooves to throw to the TE

Well, Harbaugh @ Stanford was much different then Harbaugh in the NFL.

If it is not going to work with EJ then I do not know if its worth it

We have 3 very good backs on this roster, if he can't use them then we don't need him.

We have the WR's to do well in passing but we need a QB to do that.

We don't have Andrew Luck

We have the unappreciated Chandler and no down field threat. We will need another TE. Heuerman.

If that is all it was for then phooey

Well, Harbaugh @ Stanford was much different then Harbaugh in the NFL.

If it is not going to work with EJ then I do not know if its worth it

We have 3 very good backs on this roster, if he can't use them then we don't need him.

We have the WR's to do well in passing but we need a QB to do that.

We don't have Andrew Luck

We have the unappreciated Chandler and no down field threat. We will need another TE. Heuerman.

yep, I'm by no means promoting him. Just stating amateur observations.

Edit - Heurmann falling to us in the draft! Thank you Urban for refusing to use the TE! Lol

Edited by YoloinOhio

I live here in Indy and he has an aggressive offensive philosophy. He is respected and talk around here is that he will be gone after the playoffs (HC hire). Indy made due with limited assets at RB by using TEs in the passing game. Indy is aggressive in down field passes to the WR. He would be a good hire in Buffalo.

yep, I'm by no means promoting him. Just stating amateur observations.

Edit - Heurmann falling to us in the draft! Thank you Urban for refusing to use the TE! Lol

I honestly think he will easily fall to the 3rd and someone will do exactly what was done with Hyde. Draft him unsure of what they'll get just knowing they got something then struggle to find a use for him.

I think Heuerman will struggle early, totally fine with that. I think he's slightly better then Ebron because he is more versatile. Heuerman was able to block this year successfully and hopefully improved his game all around.

I also see Funchess slipping. I see him doing well in the combine but I see it coming down to teams scared off by not knowing how to use him. Funchess may last to the high end of the first.

I live here in Indy and he has an aggressive offensive philosophy. He is respected and talk around here is that he will be gone after the playoffs (HC hire). Indy made due with limited assets at RB by using TEs in the passing game. Indy is aggressive in down field passes to the WR. He would be a good hire in Buffalo.

Does it seem like he is much more aggressive than what most thought he would be originally? I thought he would be a power running offense and that was why they went after TRich. Then it seemed they went balls to the wall this year in the passing game. And I continue to say to anyone that gripes about Luck's INTs that a lot of it has to do with the fact he takes so many chances in that offense.

Whatever it is, Indy has a terrible D and a top 3 offense. Kind of the opposite of us!

Why? What has he done? Without Arians assistance he has done nothing.

Also, 20k and still not said ****.

What assistance has he received from Arians?

He was Luck's OC and QB coach at Stanford before joining colts after Arians left

What assistance has he received from Arians?

He was Luck's OC and QB coach at Stanford before joining colts after Arians left

stated poorly.

arians made the colts offense work, what have the colts done without him? this guy has done nothign with the colts.

stated poorly.

arians made the colts offense work, what have the colts done without him? this guy has done nothign with the colts.

They finished the season third in yardage and sixth in points. That's not nothing. But I have no idea how much credit Hamilton should get for that. It helps when your QB is Andrew Luck.

Rooney rule

We're going to interview Hue Jackson as well. I just think this coaching search is going to be thorough and exhaustive. It won't be 4 days in Arizona where we hire the first guy we interview like we did Marrone. We seem to be going after all of the big names which I like.

They finished the season third in yardage and sixth in points. That's not nothing. But I have no idea how much credit Hamilton should get for that. It helps when your QB is Andrew Luck.

but can't run to save their life. we need to run.

we certainly don't have a qb.

I'm starting to think every fan base hates their team's offensive coordinator.

Only when their plays lose yardage, results in an incomplete pass or turn the ball over

They love their offensive coordinator when the play that is called is successful.

So all we have to do is get an OC that only does the second and never does the first. Easy!

Don't get why those geniuses at One Bills Drive can't figure this one out