About the HC interview process...

Heitz

I was listening to Sirius on my long ass drive home tonight and caught a lot of Late Hits with Vic Carucci and former Bill Kirk Morrison.

The opened talking about the Bills situation and talked a bit about the Head Coach interview process. We're talking to a ton of coaches, and obviously it's a chance for the Pegula's to "interview coaches" (obviously), but it's also a chance for them to get a ton of insight on the state of their franchise and the NFL game as a whole.

By asking what coaches think of our players, or what their philosophies are, who they might bring in as assistants, the Pegula's are going learn a lot. Vic made the point that while the stability of Marrone for another year or two might have been preferred, this is actually a really GOOD process for the Pegula's to go through this early in their ownership.

Can't wait to see where we end up!

Thanks for the link.

However, this tells who the candidates are. Which ones are we interviewing? The 4 I listed are the ones I saw on NFL.com. I've also heard Quinn somewhere.

I was going mostly by Sirius, WGR and Twitter, not sure there's an official list, we can't be interviewing every candidate I've seen on TBD, can we be? :D

Ditto. Here's an interview with Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti discussing his hiring of John Harbough. Take note Terry and Kim.

That was interesting, thanks. I think John Harbaugh is one of the best two or three coaches in the game, but he seems to fly under the radar. The Ravens are always in it - they have a solid QB but not a HOFer. They come to play against the best teams. Between Harbaugh and Ozzie, the Ravens are always gonna be competitive.

I hope the Pegulas can land a coach like that and I hope Whaley turns into that kind of consistent GM (or that that they find someone else who can do it).

Also, that was very gracious of Belichick to support Harbaugh in that way.

That was interesting, thanks. I think John Harbaugh is one of the best two or three coaches in the game, but he seems to fly under the radar. The Ravens are always in it - they have a solid QB but not a HOFer. They come to play against the best teams. Between Harbaugh and Ozzie, the Ravens are always gonna be competitive.

I hope the Pegulas can land a coach like that and I hope Whaley turns into that kind of consistent GM (or that that they find someone else who can do it).

Also, that was very gracious of Belichick to support Harbaugh in that way.

Agreed. Living in the DC area, I get to see the difference between the way the Ravens do business vs. Dan Snyder and it's night and day. Terry and Kim should def. be involved in this search. It was interesting to hear how Harbough is not a know-it-all and still seeks others opinion and they work as a team. Owner, Team Pres., GM, Asst GM, and Coach work as a team! Marrone did not sound like that kind of team player.

Kirk Morrison??!! Not exactly a guy I would associate with the bills. Interesting that he is doing bills radio stuff.

And for the record, this wasn't Bills radio it was national Sirius - just so happened that Vic and a former Bills player were on. Good thing too, I had listened to Shopp and the Bulldog on GR for a couple hours first, I could feel myself getting dumber :D

Edited by Heitz