FA offensive linemen

YoloinOhio

You guys dont get it.....

IF Hackett stays....and it is likely he will....EVERYTHING predicates around that 1st down dive up the middle.......we CAN NOT continue to get 1 or 2 or 3 yards on that down and be successful.......in order for our offense to go we need to get 4 or more yards on that play....

also

The interior pressure from pass rush is ridiculous....literally no consistant pocket.

I fully expect offensive line signings this offseason......key guys

I think they have to bring in a proven quantity in at guard.

But i also think they had better get that interior sorted out as a priority. Including E Wood.

I feel much more confident at the tackle positions both, and the depth therein.

So John I agree with you nearly 100% !

A stud offensive line (with good blocking schemes) would do so much for the offense. It'd make EJ (or whomever next year's QB is) and the running game look 10x better. I really hope that this is the number 1 priority, since the QBs available to us are all basically in that mediocre category at best.

Yes. The QB situation demands Bills focus on the O line

As much as it does sound ridiculous, I get an overwhelming feeling that Marrone feels the answer is already in house

I tend to agree...Though I do think they'll Draft another mid-round OG...

IMHO The cap situation is going to prevent the Bills from going big at OG in Free Agency...I don't think they'll let Hughes walk...The Bills best chance at improving is to keep that Defense together and hope Kiko's return actually bolsters it further...That means Hughes is a must-sign...That's not going to leave much for an OG...Or probably much else unless Mario clears up some serious space...We'll see... B-)

Henderson is not ready for LT. Let him develop into a RT first. Chandler's production is way down for three reasons, 1. Chandler, 2. Orton, 3. helping Henderson with blocking

The problem here is that LT and RT are different positions. Henderson has played LT for nearly his entire football life; swapping sides changes quite a bit that may not always be recognized: blocking angles, direction of pressure packages, plant leg, direction of your kick-slide, etc.

Henderson likely feels far more comfortable at LT than he does at RT at this point, which means he's more likely to develop his game quicker if he plays there versus RT, where he needs to re-learn his techniques.

There were two places I've seen/heard it: one was a Vic Carucci article from the Buffalo News a few weeks back:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-offensive-line-has-room-for-improvement-20141217

"Left tackle Cordy Glenn is mostly solid, although there are some within the Bills who think that his more natural spot might be at guard"

The other was during Marrone/Whaley's closeout PC, where he said that they were keeping that option on the table as part of an effort to get the best 5 on the field.

Thanks. I do like the "five best" approach. But it only makes sense if you hve guys that can take on more than one position. Maybe taking a tackle in the 2nd wouldn't be the worst idea.

I tend to agree...Though I do think they'll Draft another mid-round OG...

IMHO The cap situation is going to prevent the Bills from going big at OG in Free Agency...I don't think they'll let Hughes walk...The Bills best chance at improving is to keep that Defense together and hope Kiko's return actually bolsters it further...That means Hughes is a must-sign...That's not going to leave much for an OG...Or probably much else unless Mario clears up some serious space...We'll see... B-)

I initially liked the idea of going after a guard, but you are right, they shouldn't pay $6-7 mil for a FA with their other needs. Paying Hughes means they'll have to part with spikes, but he's situational anyway. The other position I'd go after in FA is TE, and I like Clay from Miami.. Edited by TPS

You have to look at what the Bills will need in case of injury. They may go after a tackle and move Glen inside or they may go after a center who can also play guard. What they don't want is 10 OLmen. They cannot just fill a position of need. What if that person goes down in preseason? Who will fill in? Gotta have guys who can play 2 positions.

I initially liked the idea of going after a guard, but you are right, they shouldn't pay $6-7 mil for a FA with their other needs. Paying Hughes means they'll have to part with spikes, but he's situation anyway. The other position I'd go after in FA is TE, and I like Clay from Miami..

I agree...I just wonder about Spikes though...Every team views him as a situation MLB...And he's got a real nice role on a real good Defense now...I just wonder if...at the end of the day...it will be better for him to just stay in Buffalo for a little less than he can get elsewhere...I don't think any team is going to be lining up to break the bank for Spikes anyway...He seems to really like it in Buffalo...We'll see I guess... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I agree...I just wonder about Spikes though...Every team views him as a situation MLB...And he's got a real nice role on a real good Defense now...I just wonder if...at the end of the day...it will be better for him to just stay in Buffalo for a little less than he can get elsewhere...I don;t think any team is going to be lining up to break the bank for Spikes anyway...He seems to really like it in Buffalo...We'll see I guess... B-)

I hope you're right, because I love the 'tude he brings to the team.

It's pretty safe to say rivers is gone, so maybe there's space for him?

I hope you're right, because I love the 'tude he brings to the team.

It's pretty safe to say rivers is gone, so maybe there's space for him?

I hope so as well...It's funny because there was an awful lot of questions concerning Spikes effect on the locker room coming in...But there is no question that Defense had some very nice chemistry going on...And I think Spikes was a big part of that... B-)

I've seen $17m quoted, and Whaley said the presser around $16m he thought. Orton's just freed up another $5m which puts it at your number.

That's without the $19M rollover, plus whatever savings they get from Mike Williams.

They also save about $1.5M I Spiller opts out, and can shave another $1.5ish by cutting Chandler.

That's without touching Mario or Dareus contracts.

Plenty of $$ to keep, extend, and sign pretty much anyone and everyone they wish