Marrone may opt out?

Wiz

I don't even think he's been a coordinator before. He's got the title but it's Mike McCoy's offense.

I understand. But I think he's ready for his shot at the OC helm. It might be McCoy's offense, but the HC has a lot of responsibilities. I think Frank must contribute in more than a trivial way. I believe Frank was calling the plays at some point this year. Did McCoy take it back over at some point?

I'd prefer someone with a really strong OC track record (of course most of the guys available come with some baggage), but I wouldn't complain if they brought Frank back into the fold---with a strong OL and RB coach.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure this means he is looking for an extension for Hackett, but I get your worry that it might be.

I actually think there is a real opportunity here for a deal that helps the team, and gives Marrone a little something. Perhaps extend his contract one year, maybe with a small raise (hey if he ends up getting fired, Pegula can eat the contract--it ain't my money :lol: ). BUT he agrees to dismiss the OC and OL coach. Give extensions to the defensive assistants he wants to lock up. Team gets something, he gets something and the team is assured of some stability (on the defensive side) and some change (on the offensive side)..Everybody wins.

This is entirely to rational, logical, sensical to ever actually happen. unfortunately.

I think Marrone is staying. I think he's a pretty good coach. I think he has some downside, too, and I think that our 9-7 record was as much in spite of him as because of him.

He deserves another year.

But...

I wouldn't at all mind if I heard that he opted out, because 1] It means the Pegulas didnt back down to his demands, 2] It means if there was a power struggle Whaley won and Marrone lost and if I HAD to choose between them, I want Whaley every time, 3] It could very well have meant that management ordered him to make changes on offense and he refused.

more or less agree, across the board