Jones to the Bears?

BillsNYC

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=6495

Why would he leave the Bills after 20 VERY successful years where he made a name for himself...to join the Bears for a lower position than his last here?

228179[/snapback]

He had been basically demoted and moved out of being the strength and conditioning coach. Given a decent title, but still a demotion.

He had been basically demoted and moved out of being the strength and conditioning coach.  Given a decent title, but still a demotion.

228182[/snapback]

From what I have heard, the coaching and players were very progressive in approach to fitness, (Palates (sp?), stretching, etc.), and Rusty usually dismissed that as fad in favor of old school training. I guess the results proved him somewhat wrong as minimizing injury was well documented with the new approach - this shed a bad light on him. I understand Jerry Grey is a big fan of the Palates and stretching routines...in the end, he was demoted and left.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=6495

Why would he leave the Bills after 20 VERY successful years where he made a name for himself...to join the Bears for a lower position than his last here?

228179[/snapback]

Maybe he wanted less responsibility and more leisure time. Or possibly he was offered a good financial deal with the Bears. Maybe there were family reasons.

What if Sam & Pat were such a bad influence on the rest of teams's eating habits, Rusty finally threw his hands up in the air and said, "I give up".

Maybe he got sick of living in a be-tarded city with poor economic conditions and out of control state taxes.

Maybe with his lifelong dream of having his very own roundtable show with Art Wander and Ed Kilgore on the Empire Sports Network up in smoke, he decided to head for windier pastures in Chicago.

Or maybe he just gets a real charge out of saying "da bears".

The most likely reason: he's was suffering mental trauma every day when he came to work at One Bills Dr. because the admin building was a constant reminder of Gregg William's "man-boobs".

Whatever the reason - best of luck to Rusty and his family.

The Bears are the type of team that is so bad, people actually forget about them. I mean, SF is bad. Arizona is BAD ... but there are games where they will get points and you'll think about taking them for a few bucks. The bears are just an ebarrassment. They are beyond bad. It would indeed suck to be a Chicago Bears fan, post 1988. (except for maybe 1994)...

I think there may be merit to the argument that he didn't want to change with the times. There are alot of changes in the industry and much of it has to do with using body weight exercises instead of weight training to build power, flexibility, and endurance.

Still, I wish him luck and thank him for his service.

I think there may be merit to the argument that he didn't want to change with the times.  There are alot of changes in the industry and much of it has to do with using body weight exercises instead of weight training to build power, flexibility, and endurance.

228311[/snapback]

After too many years of sports/workout injury issues Im now investigating BWT as well. If you have any particular knowlege I would appreciate you hooking me up with a good source or 3.

At this stage Im thinking that a combintion of BWT and Olympic lifts would be optimum. Thoughts?

From what I have heard, the coaching and players were very progressive in approach to fitness, (Palates (sp?), stretching, etc.), and Rusty usually dismissed that as fad in favor of old school training.  I guess the results proved him somewhat wrong as minimizing injury was well documented with the new approach - this shed a bad light on him.  I understand Jerry Grey is a big fan of the Palates and stretching routines...in the end, he was demoted and left.

228212[/snapback]

Roll advocates the use of cutting edge fusion training. He blends Balco therapies (pill-ates) with rigorous use of Suzanne Somers' thighblaster, and nutritional strategies from Richard Simmons 'Deal A Meal'.

Rusty was shown the door because he was more into 'Body for Life' regimens.

At least that's what Chuck Lester told me.

I am sickened by this...

I guess it just reinforces to me that this is a "business"... and one of cronyism...

If there is one thing I would disagree with MM on, it was that he brought in his friend to be S&C coach and "promoted" Rusty... I think Rusty wanted to just be the S&C coach, not an administrator...