• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The General.

227941[/snapback]

I like this quote:

" "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis said. "You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them." "

As someone who has served in General Mattis' command, I can personally say he a man above men. He is not a politician, but one of the true American heros who protect our freedom and has made the gut wrenching decision of sending men to die. Politically correct statements are not in his vocabulary, and I salute him for that.

This man is one of those Americans we "need on that wall".

I like this quote:

" "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis said. "You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them." "

227943[/snapback]

Would you rather a general who says, "Well I want to make sure our guys are shooting the right ones, so they are under order not to fire until they are shot at and they see who shot."?

This is not the AF, Navy or Army. This guy has already had 3 tours in Afghanistan and two in Iraq since the shooting started. This is a lead from the front General, who knows how to keep his men safe, healthy and coming home on two feet. He is a Chesty Puller Throw back.

Anyone left or right who thinks he mispoke can basically kiss my ass. His men like him and do their job for him, because he takes care of them, trains them and brings them home safe.

I like this quote:

227943[/snapback]

As once once said in a fairly entertaining movie, the Lib's "Can't handle the truth!"

Would you rather a general who says, "Well I want to make sure our guys are shooting the right ones, so they are under order not to fire until they are shot at and they see who shot."? 

This is not the AF, Navy or Army.  This guy has already had 3 tours in Afghanistan and two in Iraq since the shooting started.  This is a lead from the front General, who knows how to keep his men safe, healthy and coming home on two feet.  He is a Chesty Puller Throw back. 

Anyone left or right who thinks he mispoke can basically kiss my ass.    His men like him and do their job for him, because he takes care of them, trains them and brings them home safe.

227947[/snapback]

VA, I was serious... i really liked that quote... ! !

I also served under Lt. Gen. James "Desert Fox" Mattis. He is a Marine's Marine. He is a true warrior who is not at all interested in the political correctness that plaques us today. He is among the most savvy, determined, focused men I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I would follow him to hell if he asked; in fact, I already did.

The General says it the way it is because that is the right thing to do -- not because he wants to offend people.

He won me over for good just a few days after I first met him. We just captured an air base in southern Afghanistan. We raised a flag in the middle of the air base, which was called Camp Rhino, and played a tape of the National Anthem each morning. When several photos of the morning practice hit newspapers around the world, our actual unit commander, a colonel, was told by Washington to have the flag taken down. The reason we were told was that an American flag planted on Afghan soil was offending people because it meant to some that we were claiming the land for America. The flag was down for about three hours. The Marines were naturally pissed. This waas less tha three months after 9/11. Gen. Mattis heard Marines talking about it. He realized they were right, so went out with the sergeant major and had a couple of the guards on the gate put the flag back up. He then had the Anthem played again. The whole camp stopped and stood at attention. Right in front of the flag stood Gen. Mattis saluting, which is rarely done in a combat zone. At a large gathering of Marines that night, knowing full well that the media was there, he told the Marines that he didn't care what others thought. He then looked at the journalists and said something along the lines of: "Listen, no one had a problem with the flag raising on Iwo Jima. I don’t care if anyone has a problem with the flag raising here. We don't want this hell hole. As soon as we kill the a--hole terrorists we'll take the flag down and go home."

The journalists never reported it and the photographers all apparently kept it in mind and kept the flag out of their images.

It would be a real shame, but not at all hard to believe, if this ends Gen. Mattis' career.

I also served under Lt. Gen. James "Desert Fox" Mattis. He is a Marine's Marine. He is a true warrior who is not at all interested in the political correctness that plaques us today. He is among the most savvy, determined, focused men I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I would follow him to hell if he asked; in fact, I already did.

The General says it the way it is because that is the right thing to do -- not because he wants to offend people.

He won me over for good just a few days after I first met him. We just captured an air base in southern Afghanistan. We raised a flag in the middle of the air base, which was called Camp Rhino, and played a tape of the National Anthem each morning. When several photos of the morning practice hit newspapers around the world, our actual unit commander, a colonel, was told by Washington to have the flag taken down. The reason we were told was that an American flag planted on Afghan soil was offending people because it meant to some that we were claiming the land for America. The flag was down for about three hours. The Marines were naturally pissed. This waas less tha three months after 9/11. Gen. Mattis heard Marines talking about it. He realized they were right, so went out with the sergeant major and had a couple of the guards on the gate put the flag back up. He then had the Anthem played again. The whole camp stopped and stood at attention. Right in front of the flag stood Gen. Mattis saluting, which is rarely done in a combat zone. At a large gathering of Marines that night, knowing full well that the media was there, he told the Marines that he didn't care what others thought. He then looked at the journalists and said something along the lines of: "Listen, no one had a problem with the flag raising on Iwo Jima. I don’t care if anyone has a problem with the flag raising here. We don't want this hell hole. As soon as we kill the a--hole terrorists we'll take the flag down and go home."

The journalists never reported it and the photographers all apparently kept it in mind and kept the flag out of their images.

It would be a real shame, but not at all hard to believe, if this ends Gen. Mattis' career.

227969[/snapback]

Excellent.

Simply excellent. I thought men like this were no more in our pussified post-60s nation. God bless this General, long may he live.

Ok we have turned into a nation of sadistic freaks. Sure many people deserve what they have comming to them, but to take enjoyment in the slaughtering of anyone for any reason is f*up. If this is what the leaders are saying imagine what the lowest marine thinks, is it now ok to torture, kill, or maim theese people because of how some of them treat women. That general is going to hell along with all of the "evil" people that he dispaches from this planet.

Ok we have turned into a nation of sadistic freaks.  Sure many people deserve what they have comming to them, but to take enjoyment in the slaughtering of anyone for any reason is f*up.  If this is what the leaders are saying imagine what the lowest marine thinks, is it now ok to torture, kill, or maim theese people because of how some of them treat women.  That general is going to hell along with all of the "evil" people that he dispaches from this planet.

227999[/snapback]

!@#$ing Hippie :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Ok we have turned into a nation of sadistic freaks.  Sure many people deserve what they have comming to them, but to take enjoyment in the slaughtering of anyone for any reason is f*up.  If this is what the leaders are saying imagine what the lowest marine thinks, is it now ok to torture, kill, or maim theese people because of how some of them treat women.  That general is going to hell along with all of the "evil" people that he dispaches from this planet.

227999[/snapback]

Kumbya my Lord, Kumbya...blah blah blah

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: