[closed]EJ for Cutler Straight Up

TSOL

I think EJ is better than every backup in the NFL other than Matt Moore. I also think EJ is better than a minimum of 14 currently starting QBs. I don't see how anyone can say that EJ's value around the league is close to zero. He's played, cumulatively, less than one full season and he's done well in more than half of his starts.

You are entitled to your opinion my friend. I think your opinion is that of a tainted homer. I do not think many respected football minds around the NFL agree with you, particularly outside of WNY. I think EJ will never be the starting QB again for the Buffalo Bills, and will rotate out of the NFL in a few years. He may linger longer than I think as a clipboard holder, but so what. He seems like a lovely young man. He's not NFL QB material, however, and if you don't believe me, look to the Seminole faithful in Tallahassee who said this all along.

Your opinion versus mine. We'll see who is right soon enough.

I have it figured out. This is an opinion (that's for the benefit of Gugny who doesn't get how this discussion forum thing works).

We should forget Cutler (so selfish and what a coach killer!) and all these other tainted, mediocre QB propositions currently floating around for next year. None are fit to wear the red, white, and blue.

Instead, we should start EJ Manuel next year for precisely four (4) games and watch him go down in flames faster than a Mitsubishi A6M at the Marianas Turkey Shoot.

Then we will substitute Kyle Orton for him, and watch him attain a record, more or less, of .500 on our way to missing the playoffs for yet another year since that last, glorious appearance in 1999.

This is a grand plan!

I dont think you even know where the sarcasm starts and actual points end.

That said, A+ for creativity!

Edited by mastershake

You are entitled to your opinion my friend. I think your opinion is that of a tainted homer. I do not think many respected football minds around the NFL agree with you, particularly outside of WNY. I think EJ will never be the starting QB again for the Buffalo Bills, and will rotate out of the NFL in a few years. He may linger longer than I think as a clipboard holder, but so what. He seems like a lovely young man. He's not NFL QB material, however, and if you don't believe me, look to the Seminole faithful in Tallahassee who said this all along.

How do you think Manziel, Griffin and J. Winston will end up faring?

my own peril!

LOL, fair enough man! I don't know about you. I want to see the Bills have a really good team, make the playoffs, and destroy all comers on our way to a Superbowl victory. I want to see a new QB come along who makes us all say: "Holy cow, I think this cowboy is actually better than Jim Kelly, is that possible!?"

That's all I want. That cat ain't EJ Manuel, and it ain't ever gonna be EJ Manuel. Ditto Kyle Orton, of course, Cutler, and the rest of the usual suspects we might actually have a shot at signing in the off-season.

We need to basically draft a stud. That's how you get a superstar QB in this league. It is tough to pull off though.

And I challenge you to name every backup QB who is better than Manuel. Also, list the starting QBs who are better than Manuel. Unless you have two lists of 20+ QBs, your assertion that his value is almost nothing would be blown out of the water.

LOL, fair enough man! I don't know about you. I want to see the Bills have a really good team, make the playoffs, and destroy all comers on our way to a Superbowl victory. I want to see a new QB come along who makes us all say: "Holy cow, I think this cowboy is actually better than Jim Kelly, is that possible!?"

That's all I want. That cat ain't EJ Manuel, and it ain't ever gonna be EJ Manuel. Ditto Kyle Orton, of course, Cutler, and the rest of the usual suspects we might actually have a shot at signing in the off-season.

We need to basically draft a stud. That's how you get a superstar QB in this league. It is tough to pull off though.

I have no idea what will happen with EJ and neither does anyone else. His measureables, work ethic, approach to the game, and 6-7 record in games he has started and finished likely mean he has more than zero value to other teams. Unless you have spoken to all the other GMs or have access to their pro scouting reports and that was the consensus, then it is your opinion only.

I respect the opinion that he was not good this year. And share it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

there are many back up qbs better than manuel..

Okay. So name them.

And I thought Orton was going to be a big improvement. He's not been. By a long shot. I still agree with the move. But I'm surprised at how badly Orton has been playing.

How do you think Manziel, Griffin and J. Winston will end up faring?

Manziel: Doug Flutie type player with Doug Flutie type results at best, which is not really a glorious career. Fun player to watch though and a total gamer. He embodies all kinds of positive intangibles EJ completely lacks.

Griffin: hard to say; enormously talented, totally mis-managed in DC, and now a head case...who is somewhat injury prone and will remain that way if he plays to his strengths. Overall, likely destined to be a bust.

J. Winston: dubious NFL prospect in my opinion.

The current fad is fading my friend. The league will soon realize you need a big, tall, stay at home, pocket passer who can read an NFL field and defense on the fly and make the correct throw to the correct receiver with power and accuracy.

You know, like Elway, Marino, Kelly, and Montana. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Throw Peyton Manning and Tom-Tom on the list as well. These are the type of QBs who will cut your head off, not the flashy run around types. It's VERY hard to find one though!

Some mobility is always nice as an added bonus (Elway mold) but that didn't keep the likes of Marino, Montana, or Jimbo out of the Hall of Fame.

henne, vick, mallett. moore, orton, shaun hill, glennon, sanchez, McCoy, schaub, Derek Anderson..and those are just the top of my head.. could be more that are not shown much yet (garrolopo, mettenberger) and Whitehurst im watching him tonight, ej doesn't make some throws this guy does

And I challenge you to name every backup QB who is better than Manuel. Also, list the starting QBs who are better than Manuel. Unless you have two lists of 20+ QBs, your assertion that his value is almost nothing would be blown out of the water.

Who the hell is talking about backups? EJ was drafted, groomed, and hyped as "the guy" to take the helm at One Bills Drives and many Bills Faithful want to see him to precisely that.

He wil NEVER do that again (my opinion) certainly as long as the current brain trust is in place.

I don't give a rat's behind about backups. We are looking for a starting QB to lead us to the playoffs! That's it. That is all that is relevant. EJ ain't the guy. Neither is Orton.

So who you gonna take then? You gotta pick someone, unless you think the status quo is the way to go.

For all his flaws, I think Cutler is an obvious improvement if we can get him. If he is not the correct guy, who is?

I guess you would suggest EJ. Oh dear.

So, thread titles mean nothing around here? Just asking, cuz you know, im new

A fair enough point. But the thread title was stupid the moment it was posted. No point in rambling on about that specific point.

NO please NO thats all we need is a head case that a lot of media folks say cannot be fixed or isn't willing to be fixed !!

Let him take his Millions & his beautiful wife & ride off into the sunset !

I would rather have Teabow at least you know he will take direction to do what ever is needed to win !!

Speaking of which & seeing that we haven't had one in a while ...

WHY NOT TEABOW !! :thumbsup::lol::w00t:

Teabow is a horrible idea. Tebow, however, is a GREAT IDEA.

Let's start a new thread about Tim Tebow!

The best thing about Tim Tebow is that when you get him, you get 2 for the price of one.

You get a QB named Tim, but you also get his friend--a humble Jewish carpenter named Jesus.

And you can't beat THAT with a stick!

I have no idea what will happen with EJ and neither does anyone else. His measureables, work ethic, approach to the game, and 6-7 record in games he has started and finished likely mean he has more than zero value to other teams. Unless you have spoken to all the other GMs or have access to their pro scouting reports and that was the consensus, then it is your opinion only.

I respect the opinion that he was not good this year. And share it.

This is a fair response. But surely you also understand that the bulk of the NFL laughed at us when we drafted him in the first round, almost no one viewed him as a first round talent, and the smart money considers him a late round lottery pick. A high risk, high reward project who might, maybe, perhaps, some day way down the line, could become something of value.

The way his career has gone so far likely has his trade value at close to zero. So I maintain my position on that.

Also, I disagree with you and anyone else who suggests "no one knows what EJ might turn into". Will he improve by some small measurable degree? Probably. Will he gain experience if he is retained in the league? Almost certainly.

Will any of that ever make him worth discussing? Probably not.

An opinion.

Eventually they evolve to;

EJ sucks or,

Orton sucks or,

Marrone sucks or,

Hackett sucks or,

Sammy worth the 27 1st rd picks we have up or nah? Or,

Mike Williams - wtf?

Or all of the above

Or...

SIGN TIM TEBOW!

This is a fair response. But surely you also understand that the bulk of the NFL laughed at us when we drafted him in the first round, almost no one viewed him as a first round talent, and the smart money considers him a late round lottery pick. A high risk, high reward project who might, maybe, perhaps, some day way down the line, could become something of value.

The way his career has gone so far likely has his trade value at close to zero. So I maintain my position on that.

Also, I disagree with you and anyone else who suggests "no one knows what EJ might turn into". Will he improve by some small measurable degree? Probably. Will he gain experience if he is retained in the league? Almost certainly.

Will any of that ever make him worth discussing? Probably not.

An opinion.

Or...

SIGN TIM TEBOW!

A stupid opinion

So if Chicago was willing to make the trade u say yes?

Got it

Edited by mastershake