[closed]Why are we looking to sign quarterbacks that are.........

HOUSE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some rule the Bills have to get a new QB no matter if he's good or not? I'm all for improving the quarterback position but spinning the wheel of QBs is not improving it. All the 2015 FA's suck. It's unlikely Manning or Brady are being traded. There might be a nice 2nd round QB available but I see the Bills concentrating on the O-line mostly in the draft.

Cry all you want about the QB. You can't just go out and get a franchise player.

Russ needs the next latest and greatist to sell us.

How bout a 2002 kia for $2200 bucks

I think they're done waiting. He either wins the job outright next year or he's done.

But yeah, i can kinda see that coming. Thats why i just listened to WGR do basically a paid commercial for Cutler. Appeal to the masses and all

Oops, i should probably edit that

Edited by mastershake

The QB should be:

1. Kyle Orton

2. EJ Manuel

3. draft a guy in 4th or 5th round and work on development

If we dump EJ the way this organization treated him, not getting him a veteran to work with his rookie year then it shows our current GM and coach have no clue. Manuel has tools, his problem is timing. He see the read but doesn't trust his eyes yet and ends up late or unwilling to make the throw. In other words, the game is still moving too fast. The belief that rookies should play right away and immediately become stars is idiotic. EJ should have sat and learned behind a veteran last year. Instead he did so this year. At some point Orton is going to get hurt, then we will find out if EJ has developed at all.

They can't just be done with EJ. He had some good games last year and was 2-2 as a starter this year. He had a rough outing against Houston but so have several QBs this year. Our Oline is terrible and out OC doesn't know how to mitigate their short comings. Orton hasn't been any better than EJ. What makes anyone think any of these other clowns would be an upgrade over EJ?

i don't think they are done with him, but I don't think Marrone wants him starting anytime soon.

Only thing that dosent sit well with me on this topic is, Marrone strikes me as the type of guy that once he makes his mind up on you, thats it

Only thing that dosent sit well with me on this topic is, Marrone strikes me as the type of guy that once he makes his mind up on you, thats it

i have no idea if that is true or not. The narrative keeps changing. First Marrone didn't want anyone who could challenge him to protect his confidence. Then he was mad at Whaley for bringing in Orton. Then he was mad at Whaley because he didn't bring in Orton soon enough. Now he is done with EJ forever because he benched him. I don't know which parts of that, if any are true. All I know is his job is to win games, and since week 5 he thinks Orton gives him the best chance. That could change as they continue to develop EJ. I've seen nothing to make me think he's given up on developing him. Edited by YoloinOhio

i have no idea if that is true or not. The narrative keeps changing. First Marrone didn't want anyone who could challenge him to protect his confidence. Then he was mad at Whaley for bringing in Orton. Then he was mad at Whaley because he didn't bring in Orton soon enough. Now he is done with EJ forever because he benched him. I don't know which parts of that, if any are true. All I know is his job is to win games, and since week 5 he think Orton gives him the best chance. That could change as they continue to develop EJ. I've seen nothing to make me think he's given up on developing him.

All quite valid and well put. How much confidence could Marrone possibly have in either of them taking the team to the playoffs and winning playoff games in 2015 though. Because if they dont get there next year, id say Marrones done

All quite valid and well put. How much confidence could Marrone possibly have in either of them taking the team to the playoffs and winning playoff games in 2015 though. Because if they dont get there next year, id say Marrones done

my guess is that right now he doesn't either are good enough to do that next year, and Whaley agrees. Sigh. Edited by YoloinOhio

my guess is he doesn't either are good enough and Whaley agrees. Sigh.

Sigh.

Agreed.

Not saying i like it but...

EJ for Cutler straight up.

Dont be surprised

Edited by mastershake

BD and Schoop might be the 2 most clueless sports talk show guys in a NFL market. They know next to nothing about the sport.

That said, a d bag off between Schoop and Cutler would be very interesting.

You forgot to bring The Buffalo News into this, generally speaking, and Jerry Sullivan, specifically.

Surely they are responsible for the QB debacle at One Bills Drive, along with global climate change, the political situation in Russia, and I think they had something to do with 9/11 too!

I think they're done waiting. He either wins the job outright next year or he's done.

Huh? EJ is done with the current brain trust running the show at One Bills Drive.

In fact, he's close to being done league-wide. It will take a couple years probably for him to flush clean.

Huh? EJ is done with the current brain trust running the show at One Bills Drive.

In fact, he's close to being done league-wide. It will take a couple years probably for him to flush clean.

In a quarterback starved league a first round picked guy isnt even close to done. EJ will get his chances.

And i really dont wanna hear about what a reach you think he was for first round. He was picked by a professional football team in the first round