Fantasy playoffs: semi-finals

KD in CA

So...how is everyone doing?

People who relied on big performances from some big name QBs did not have a good weekend. Rodgers, Manning, Rivers, Stafford all underwhelming today. Luck was just ok.

I have Rodgers and Cobb in my work league so that one is looking like a loss (85% according to Yahoo). The Bills win is a nice consolation.

In my other league Matt Ryan outscored Luck (ha!) and the rest of the team did just well enough to put me the finals.

Half time of the Sunday night game, and I have to come up with about 50 points between LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, and Jay Cutler tomorrow night....oh yeah, and my opponent also has Ingram going tomorrow night...it ain't looking good for me...only the Ravens defense (26pts) came through for me...

Unfortunately, my full roster scored only 3 TDs combined, and I lost by 11 points. As it turned out, I would have won if I started Knile Davis. . . (not that I seriously considered it with Charles starting).

Oh well. As always, it was fun while it lasted. I might be bummed if the Bills didn't pull out a great win.

Ha ha...I hear you...in the last 10 years or so, I used to justify my love of FF as a way of keeping the season interesting for myself, once the Bills were down for the count...looks like the last 2 weeks of the real football season will be a bit more interesting, for once, than my FF season...Bills beating the Packers takes a bit of the sting out...even with $1200 on the line!

Still..as it shakes out, I have all my hopes now resting on Jay Cutlers indifferent shoulders. I need him to get 36pts tomorrow night, plus a point more than whatever Mark Ingram ends up with....that could happen...right? :rolleyes:

I'm up by 20 with Bennett still to play tonight. Got solid outings from Detroit's D and Matty Ice. Bad day for my RBs, but my opponent didn't do much better in that category. Poor guy had Julio Jones in for a big ol' goose egg, but his best WR on the bench got 11.

My opponent next week will be tough. Stafford, Beckham Jr., and Bell on that roster. Luckily they all have tough opponents next week. Need some defenses to step up!

It was a Black Sunday for me. I had 3 teams live.Unless Marquis Wilson blows up for 30 points I will lose all three. In my biggest money league Luck, Jordy Nelson, Crowell, McCoy under performed and cost me. Damn depressing stuff.

Congrats to everyone who advanced...feel your pain Dante and KD.

I got bounced tonight in my big money league ($1200 jackpot), after finishing with the best record in the league (only8th in scoring though...wish I could say it was all my stellar defense!)...just nobody came through for me with a big game this week...just the way FF goes I suppose. I needed about a 40 pt game from Jay Cutler tonight in order to advance...needless to say, that didn't come close to happening...

Funny thing is, knowing that I more than likely was going to lose,early on Sunday, the Bills beating the Packers took a lot of the sting out of this, for me...can't wait for next FF season!

Thanks for all the advice this year fellas...sorry for any bad advice I gave you! :lol:

Edited by Buftex

Congrats to everyone who advanced...feel your pain Dante and KD.

I got bounced tonight in my big money league ($1200 jackpot), after finishing with the best record in the league (only8th in scoring though...wish I could say it was all my stellar defense!)...just nobody came through for me with a big game this week...just the way FF goes I suppose. I needed about a 40 pt game from Jay Cutler tonight in order to advance...needless to say, that didn't come close to happening...

Funny thing is, knowing that I more than likely was going to lose,early on Sunday, the Bills beating the Packers took a lot of the sting out of this, for me...can't wait for next FF season!

Thanks for all the advice this year fellas...sorry for any bad advice I gave you! :lol:

Me to! Was the thing that kept me from spiraling into a week long depression. I was the highest scoring team in 3 of 4 friggen leagues gdmit!!!!! One of them I didn't even make the playoffs.How does that work! :censored:

Now I can't listen to anything fantasy football. Ok now fantasy hockey.

Me to! Was the thing that kept me from spiraling into a week long depression. I was the highest scoring team in 3 of 4 friggen leagues gdmit!!!!! One of them I didn't even make the playoffs.How does that work! :censored:

Now I can't listen to anything fantasy football. Ok now fantasy hockey.

I hear that...I had to unlike ESPN Fantasy Football on Facebook this morning, because I was getting bombarded with their "championship" advice.

How do you like fantasy hockey? I tried it, and basketball, a few years ago...I did so-so in basketball, but bombed in hockey... I liked the idea of it, but I guess I don't know the whole NHL well enough to construct a team...I really only watch the Sabres during the regular season, and then follow the playoffs as much as I can...I wish I liked baseball, because that sport is really ideal for fantasy, probably more than football...but I just don't follow baseball at all anymore... it is all NFL for me, with NHL and NBA (in that order) far behind.

I hear that...I had to unlike ESPN Fantasy Football on Facebook this morning, because I was getting bombarded with their "championship" advice.

How do you like fantasy hockey? I tried it, and basketball, a few years ago...I did so-so in basketball, but bombed in hockey... I liked the idea of it, but I guess I don't know the whole NHL well enough to construct a team...I really only watch the Sabres during the regular season, and then follow the playoffs as much as I can...I wish I liked baseball, because that sport is really ideal for fantasy, probably more than football...but I just don't follow baseball at all anymore... it is all NFL for me, with NHL and NBA (in that order) far behind.

Fantasy hockey is fun. Harder for me than NFL and I really don't know why. I seem to draft a good team but always end up in the middle of the pack. There is more to consider in hockey and maybe thats where I fall down. Hits, penalty minutes, shots,gwg,ppgs, ppa's , ppp's and so on. Sometimes face offs. I think I pay to much attention to the obvious stats like goals, assists, goalie wins. I'm only in one league and I never expect to do any good in it and like the last few years I am 5th out of 10. As average as it gets and I have the two top scorers currently, Seguin and Voracheck. I also have Quick and Allen/Elliot combo in net so you think I would be right up there.

MLB seems like way way to much work to be any good at it. You have to be on it every day. Not really winning to put that much time into it

3 leagues

2 championship games and championship game in the losers bracket.

Not a bad year so far

Haha congrats.

I'm in the same boat this year, 2 out of 3 championships coming this week, and would've destroyed the competition had I made the playoffs in the 3rd.

2 points away from pulling a hat trick with the championships in 3 leagues. :doh:

Edited by What a Tuel

Thinking of switching out Martellus Bennett for Dwayne Allen this week at TE. Indy is in Dallas this week and the Cowgirls are bad against TEs and Allen is a red zone force. But Bennett might get a lot of looks with Clausen starting this week for Chicago. Decisions, decisions...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.