Orton may not be great, but ...

dave mcbride

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so nice to read some good common sense from Bills fans. :thumbsup:

Now, just think if the team had some decent OG's, and built a good run game to take some heat off the bills QB so he isn't throwing it 40+ times a game. With a balanced offense that could actually run the ball to make first down the Bills and a top 10 offense they would be contending for the super bowl with that #5 defense.

Ladies & Gentleman we have a winner of the weekly lottery but he could have won the mega ball if his answer would have included changing out the OC .

But EJ didn't get 2 games against the Jets to pad his stats...

Look, I am not saying that Manuel should be starting, just that if you take Orton's two games against the Jets out of the picture, he has been less than mediocre. No question that there are other problems around him including losing Jackson and Spiller, poor OG play and inexperienced WRs, but given how well the D has played and the good field position that they've provided the offense with, you'd expect an average NFL QB to score more points.

Why ? we were not a high scoring team to begin with . How do you name all those issues and expect more points ? I have no problem saying that we blew some opportunities and that Orton himself blew several but the offense has to pretty much play perfect and it just hadn't been able to do it . Is Orton to blame for a fumble in the endzone that puts up 2 scores ? the defensive penalty that puts the opponent inside the 10 in a 12-9 game ?

The offense is a work in progress you say we should be to get more points but How ? Mike Williams has more tds in his career(26) than all of our other receivers have combined in their careers and we didnt play the guy . FJ has a 1 TD lead over Orton for the team lead in rushing tds . Looking back on this season so far we have missed opportunities in the passing game but I think Marrone is probably not sleeping at night because of the collapse of the running game .

Why ? we were not a high scoring team to begin with . How do you name all those issues and expect more points ? I have no problem saying that we blew some opportunities and that Orton himself blew several but the offense has to pretty much play perfect and it just hadn't been able to do it . Is Orton to blame for a fumble in the endzone that puts up 2 scores ? the defensive penalty that puts the opponent inside the 10 in a 12-9 game ?

The offense is a work in progress you say we should be to get more points but How ? Mike Williams has more tds in his career(26) than all of our other receivers have combined in their careers and we didnt play the guy . FJ has a 1 TD lead over Orton for the team lead in rushing tds . Looking back on this season so far we have missed opportunities in the passing game but I think Marrone is probably not sleeping at night because of the collapse of the running game .

I was comparing the scoring output with Orton at QB to the scoring when Manuel was the QB. Two Jets games aside, I don't see much (in terms of scoring) that suggests that Orton is any better than Manuel. No doubt, Orton is throwing for more yards, but that isn't helping scoring much.