(OT) Bush wants to destroy health insurance

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I listened to the speech and heard nothing about scrapping employer based health insurance.  Besides I don't thinkthe government can scrap it since it isn't a government program in the first place.

226873[/snapback]

details... pesky details....

I'm NOT TALKING about changing to any socialized program. I'm talking about keeping it the way it is.

Yeah, our health care system works so efficiently, we should leave it exactly the way it is. :(

Good thinkin' :(

Maybe you need to read another article.

In a nutshell yes it is correct. By the way, I read it in an article in the newspaper.

226858[/snapback]

Oh, I see. You read a single article in a newspaper, and are thus qualified to render your opinion as "correct" to someone who works in the friggin' industry!!! :(

Funny, I listened to the speech and heard nothing about scrapping employer based health insurance.  Besides I don't thinkthe government can scrap it since it isn't a government program in the first place.

226873[/snapback]

I didn't listen to it either. I doubt it would be mentioned because it wouldn't be very popular. Though apparently it wouldn't bother too many on this board. :(

There are people my wife and I work with who go to the doctor because they have a headache. And then there's people who are on public assistance who go to the ER because they have a hangnail. What do they care, it's free for them.

I just got back from the ER myself a little while ago and was talking to the Dr. putting in my stitches, I was asking her about health care and she said that 60% of the people who go into the ER come in for "sore throats" and similar. She also said they will NEVER turn anyone away, regardless of insurance or $$.

Oh, I see.  You read a single article in a newspaper, and are thus qualified to render your opinion as "correct" to someone who works in the friggin' industry!!!  :(

226880[/snapback]

It's not my opinion.Or someone else's . It was an article not a column. Most of what I said was mentioned directly in the article. I added a few rants, but the gist of it was there. I'm glad you work in the industry, but that has zero bearing on what I read in the newspaper. :(

I'm glad you work in the industry, but that has zero bearing on what I read in the newspaper.  :(

226887[/snapback]

And my daily reading of Dilbert has zero bearing on my daily life.

Moral: It's one thing to read, and another thing to understand the topics you're reading about.

I just got back from the ER myself a little while ago and was talking to the Dr. putting in my stitches, I was asking her about health care and she said that 60% of the people who go into the ER come in for "sore throats" and similar. She also said they will NEVER turn anyone away, regardless of insurance or $$.

226886[/snapback]

I wouldn't question that. I haven't been to an ER in over 15 years. But I'd guess most who go there do so because they have no insurance. An ER will not turn you away. But did you ever see how much they charge for a trip to the ER? You'll still get hit with a huge bill to pay. I have insurance. I like it the way it is. It works for me. If I didn't I'd probably think differently as with anything else. But I still can't figure out how that makes me a communist. :(

And my daily reading of Dilbert has zero bearing on my daily life.

Moral:  It's one thing to read, and another thing to understand the topics you're reading about.

226890[/snapback]

Did you read the same article, or just "Dilbert". If you did, please explain the article to me as I obviously must have thought it was in Chinese. :(

It's not my opinion.Or someone else's . It was an article not a column. Most of what I said was mentioned directly in the article. I added a few rants, but the gist of it was there. I'm glad you work in the industry, but that has zero bearing on what I read in the newspaper.  :(

226887[/snapback]

And clearly, considering I'm not the one that said I work in the industry, reading comprehension isn't exactly your strong suit...which doesn't say much for your opinion formed from an article (not column - thought they're synonymous) in the newspaper... :(

Did you read the same article, or just "Dilbert". If you did, please explain the article to me as I obviously must have thought it was in Chinese.  :(

226895[/snapback]

Where did you read the article? Which publication? Ever hear the saying "cant beleive everything you read"?

Did you read the same article, or just "Dilbert". If you did, please explain the article to me as I obviously must have thought it was in Chinese.  :(

226895[/snapback]

Did the article discuss how the current system favors large employer funded health insurance? Did it talk about economic trends of more people working on their own or for smaller companies? Did it talk about the disparity in the tax code for individually bought health policies vs through a company? Did the article talk about the myriad state regulations that push up the cost of insurance and don't allow people to shop for insurance across state lines? Did it talk about the inefficiency of the public health system that doesn't penalize people for wasting the system's resources, such as visiting the ER for sore throats?

Or was the article - Bush bad?

But, hey, as long as the system works for you, Bush is an idiot for tryng to fix it for people for whom it's broken.

And clearly, considering I'm not the one that said I work in the industry, reading comprehension isn't exactly your strong suit...which doesn't say much for your opinion formed from an article (not column - thought they're synonymous) in the newspaper...  :(

226897[/snapback]

OK, SO maybe I meant to reply to a different post. Sorry. You read so many of these things and try to post a response quickly. It's also 12:30 AM. Mistakes are made. I apologize. But why must you insult my intelligence?You've never made an error in a post before? A typo or something? I've always scored extremely high on reading comprehension tests. Even when hung over. And a column is generally considered to mean an editorial. An article...well, nevermind. :(