Marrone Hackett Seal Their Fate

coltrane34

Show me where I ever said any of this. Once again you're arguing against yourself. And somehow, losing.

snapback.pngOCinBuffalo, on 07 December 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

The coaches aren't responsible for getting the talent. That's the GM/Scout's job.

snapback.pngGreggyT, on 07 December 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

And Whaley has -- but there's no accounting for Marrone's decision to keep proven playmakers inactive.

snapback.pngOCinBuffalo, on 07 December 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Names.

Dude, it's not like this is a 40 page PPP thread. You said this 2 pages ago. Now cut the crap. You brought this up, because I was making it clear to the dolt OP that it's not Marrone's job to put players on this team.

Own your own tangent.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaches aren't responsible for getting the talent. That's the GM/Scout's job.

And Whaley has -- but there's no accounting for Marrone's decision to keep proven playmakers inactive.

Names.

Dude, it's not like this is a 40 page PPP thread. You said this 2 pages ago. Now cut the crap. You brought this up, because I was making it clear to the dolt OP that it's not Marrone's job to put players on this team.

Own your own tangent.

You just made my case. I never said anything about getting fired. All I said was Marrone's keeping proven playmakers on ice. And he is. You're the only one who thinks what I said is somehow controversial.

That's flat wrong. Orton had a lot of time on a lot of passes. We had some decent runs up the middle. Urbik looked awful on that one sack they showed over and over.

Wasn't it Urbik called for the hold on Freddy's 25 yard catch and run? That was a 35 yard penalty and just killed us at the time.

But you are dead on about Orton. He has NO movement skills in the pocket whatsoever. Just a simple slide step here and there and he can extend a play to find the open guys he's routinely missing. Ugh! I can't even talk about Orton anymore.

GO BILLS!!!

That's flat wrong. Orton had a lot of time on a lot of passes. We had some decent runs up the middle. Urbik looked awful on that one sack they showed over and over.

Oh, so is it that we should fire Marrone for playing Urbik, or fire him for not playing Urbik? :lol:

This argument keeps getting more hilarious....for me.

Urbik got a holding penalty, got blown up 3 times that I can recall on running plays, and should be washing Fred's car this week because Freddy saved his ass on a 3rd and 1 where Urbik was abused, but Fred squeaked by anyway.

Spare us the Urbik played "well", because it makes....some point....somewhere...that somehow overrides the point that Marrone caught hell from the nonsene brokers on this board, that not playing Urbik = mortal sin.

The fact is today demonstrated very clearly why Urbik found his ass on the bench, and why he will soon return.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Wasn't it Urbik called for the hold on Freddy's 25 yard catch and run? That was a 35 yard penalty and just killed us at the time.

But you are dead on about Orton. He has NO movement skills in the pocket whatsoever. Just a simple slide step here and there and he can extend a play to find the open guys he's routinely missing. Ugh! I can't even talk about Orton anymore.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes. He was called for that hold.

Oh, so is it that we should fire Marrone for playing Urbik, or fire him for not playing Urbik? :lol:

This argument keeps getting more hilarious....for me.

Urbik got a holding penalty, got blown up 3 times that I can recall on running plays, and should be washing Fred's car this week because Freddy saved his ass on a 3rd and 1 where Urbik was abused, but Fred squeaked by anyway.

Spare us the Urbik played "well", because it makes....some point....somewhere...that someone overrides the point that Marrone caught hell from the nonsene brokers on this board, that not playing Urbik = mortal sin.

The fact is today demonstrated very clearly why Urbik found his ass on the bench, and why he will soon return.

Wanna bet? Any amount of money?

You just made my case. I never said anything about getting fired. All I said was Marrone's keeping proven playmakers on ice. And he is. You're the only one who thinks what I said is somehow controversial.

In a pigs ass.

Look, I gave you the links, if you are having trouble with reading comprehension again, that's not my fault. The fact is the OP is the one who said Marrone should be fired for "not getting the right players". I corrected him, and then YOU started talking about not playing the right "players".

Still waiting for another name that turns Mike Williams from "player" into "players" and you can't use Urbik, as I already debunked that one.

But, I suppose, like in a specific thread on PPP right now, you'll ignore the response and just repeat yourself. :rolleyes:

In a pigs ass.

Look, I gave you the links, if you are having trouble with reading comprehension again, that's not my fault. The fact is the OP is the one who said Marrone should be fired for "not getting the right players". I corrected him, and then YOU started talking about not playing the right "players".

Still waiting for another name that turns Mike Williams from "player" into "players" and you can't use Urbik, as I already debunked that one.

But, I suppose, like in a specific thread on PPP right now, you'll ignore the response and just repeat yourself. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter how many times you explain it, you're still wrong.

:beer:

Wanna bet? Any amount of money?

I don't want to take your money dude. I already have more than I will ever need.

How about pushups? We can do the honor system, or, we can use youtube?

And, what's the actual bet? Urbik has to ride the pine all 3 games left, or he finds himself there for the first quarter next game, but makes a triumphant return, when whoever he replaces Fs up even worse than he did today? :lol::bag:

You seem to be missing the point: 7 weeks ago not starting Urbik was considered by some to be proof that Marrone was a bad coach. Today, that looks awfully stupid. We need 2 competent guards, and we don't have them. Period. It's not like we didn't have a plan: signed a FA, drafted 2 O lineman. The plan didn't work.

Exactly none of that sticks to Marrone.

It doesn't matter how many times you explain it, you're still wrong.

:beer:

Yeah. That's right, just like in the other thread. You're out of options/talking points, and this is what your argument boils down to:

"SHOMER SHABBAS!"

Same old, same old.

I don't want to take your money dude. I already have more than I will ever need.

How about pushups? We can do the honor system, or, we can use youtube?

And, what's the actual bet? Urbik has to ride the pine all 3 games left, or he finds himself there for the first quarter next game, but makes a triumphant return, when whoever he replaces Fs up even worse than he did today? :lol::bag:

You seem to be missing the point: 7 weeks ago not starting Urbik was considered by some to be proof that Marrone was a bad coach. Today, that looks awfully stupid. We need 2 competent guards, and we don't have them. Period. It's not like we didn't have a plan: signed a FA, drafted 2 O lineman. The plan didn't work.

Exactly none of that sticks to Marrone.

The last three games he played our OL played better and he played far better than the disasters before him. I'll bet you $1000 he doesn't get benched. You have so much money you won't need it. I'll give it to the Daryl Talley fund.

Yeah. That's right, just like in the other thread. You're out of options/talking points, and this is what your argument boils down to:

"SHOMER SHABBAS!"

Same old, same old.

You still haven't accurately understood or articulated my argument, which probably explains why you're still arguing with yourself about a tangent that only you seem to think is controversial.

I asked you to show me where I said Marrone should be fired, and you couldn't do it. What I did say was point out the limitations of your comment on the GM's role. Yes, GMs build teams but it's up to the coaches to use the talent their given properly. Marrone has not done that in my mind. When you asked me for a name, I gave you MW which you rejected because there's no way to know if he's truly better than Hogan.

Which is garbage.

But I haven't called for Marrone to be fired once... yet.

You still haven't accurately understood or articulated my argument, which probably explains why you're still arguing with yourself about a tangent that only you seem to think is controversial.

I asked you to show me where I said Marrone should be fired, and you couldn't do it. What I did say was point out the limitations of your comment on the GM's role. Yes, GMs build teams but it's up to the coaches to use the talent their given properly. Marrone has not done that in my mind. When you asked me for a name, I gave you MW which you rejected because there's no way to know if he's truly better than Hogan.

Which is garbage.

But I haven't called for Marrone to be fired once... yet.

Jesus. Do you not even read your own posts? You didn't ask me where you said Marrone should be fired, you asked me where you brought up Marrone not playing players. Now, you've conveniently jumped from one thing to another, and are sitting here all "Who me? :o" :rolleyes:

As I said, cut the crap. You brought up Marrone not playing players....in response to me telling a clown that marrone has nothing to do with getting players.

I expect the "out of context" excuse in 5...4...3...Oh wait....that's what this already is, isn't it? :rolleyes:

This entire thread is about "fates being sealed". That is the context under which we are currently operating in this thread. By definition, if you aren't talking about firing/not firing Marrone, then you are on a tangent. :lol: (I love it when they walk right into it. Entirely too easy this time GreggyT) So, remind us all who is on a tangent here? :lol:

If you want to start a thread about not playing your favorite player, Mike Williams, go elsewhere and do that. I don't think anybody will care, but, hey you never know.

The last three games he played our OL played better and he played far better than the disasters before him. I'll bet you $1000 he doesn't get benched. You have so much money you won't need it. I'll give it to the Daryl Talley fund.

I already asked: what does "benched" mean specifically? Benched for the season? Benched for a game? Come on.

You know what? Forget it. I'm not gonna bet you anything. I'm just going to sit here, meditate, and try to convince(BS) myself that Kyle Urbik is a actually a competent NFL guard. Somehow you've been able to accomplish that. I want to figure out how you've done that. Besides, I'm interested in pushing my BS tolerance, which I'm told is very low, to a higher level. Perhaps some day I can aspire to be at your level, but I know it will be a long, hard journey.

After all, it's guys like you that are always clamoring for more tolerance, right? Mike Vick's Culture. We should be tolerant! (Now how's that for a tangent?)

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Jesus. Do you not even read your own posts? You didn't ask me where you said Marrone should be fired, you asked me where you brought up Marrone not playing players. Now, you've conveniently jumped from one thing to another, and are sitting here all "Who me? :o" :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one doing any reading at all:

snapback.pngOCinBuffalo, on 07 December 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

Sorry, but, the only tangent that's going on here is yours: there's no way in hell Marrone should be fired because one player isn't playing(and even that is questionable)....when the other starting ~30, on all 3 units, are doing more than any other Bills units have in 10 years.

Show me where I ever said any of this. Once again you're arguing against yourself. And somehow, losing.

Names.

Like I said. You're not even paying attention to what you're trying to argue against. It's hilarious. :lol:

I already asked: what does "benched" mean specifically? Benched for the season? Benched for a game? Come on.

You're the one who said he'd be benched and then you're arguing about the definition as if Kelly was the one who said it! :lol:

You need more of these, loosen up! :beer:

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one doing any reading at all:

Like I said. You're not even paying attention to what you're trying to argue against. It's hilarious. :lol:

Names. Still wating for you to make "name" plural, as I've already proven your "switcheroo" :lol: to be, well, exactly what it is. You know what else is funny? I just proved that this is the GreggyT Tangent, and you've just confirmed it. IF you aren't talking about firing Marrone....then basically, WTF are you doing in a thread entitled "Marrone and Hackett Seal Their Fate", and telling other posters they are "on a tangent", at the same time? :wacko::lol:

Buddy, you stepped in it. No amount of dissembling is going to get you out of it. After all, you are dealing with OCinBuffalo, this handle is(in public) a pitbull, and you know that.

But, go ahead, try some more dissembling. I've got about 30 more minutes here before I hit the sack. The real me has a real meeting in 4 hours.

I usually hate Hackett, and dislike the way Marrone runs his offense. This game I can't complain about anything other then the knuckle bumping refs who gave the game to Denver.

The Bills found it impossible to beat the broncos at Denver, and beat the bad calls at the same time. Mysterious invisible calls on the two INT returns.11 penalties for 98 yards.

Orton looked like crap, but then he out played Manning. Speaking of Manning his uni was as clean at the end of the game as when it started, as he never even got touched....much less hit.

Names. Still wating for you to make "name" plural, as I've already proven your "switcheroo" :lol: to be, well, exactly what it is. You know what else is funny? I just proved that this is the GreggyT Tangent, and you've just confirmed it. IF you aren't talking about firing Marrone....then basically, WTF are you doing in a thread entitled "Marrone and Hackett Seal Their Fate", and telling other posters they are "on a tangent", at the same time? :wacko::lol:

Buddy, you stepped in it. No amount of dissembling is going to get you out of it. After all, you are dealing with OCinBuffalo, this handle is(in public) a pitbull, and you know that.

But, go ahead, try some more dissembling. I've got about 30 more minutes here before I hit the sack. The real me has a real meeting in 4 hours.

We've hit the "I meant to mess up, and knew what I was doing this whole time" section of the OC playbook, folks! Right on schedule! :lol:

No. The worst thing you can do is give Peyton Manning the ball on our 20 yard line, and have him score another TD, or merely a FG....

...which would have sealed our fate...

...regardles of the time on the clock.

The game was over as soon as the punter walked on to the field. They gave themselves close to zero chance of winning by punting the ball back to Peyton manning, down by 14 points with six minutes left. Punting in that situation is a fireable offense.

WTF will he be gone? There is no plausible reason for him to be gone except wishful thinking by some fans.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not an EJ hater, and I know there are plenty on this board. But, I don't think we are going to find a viable FA QB to replace Orton, I don't believe anyone at OBD has enough faith in EJ to start him, and I don't believe that OBD is going to sit on our QB situation as is. They have to be seen as moving forward on the position. The only way I see them holding onto EJ, is if they find another vet in FA that will replace Orton, and Manuel remains as backup. Otherwise, we draft a different prospect (and I have no idea who that would be), or we upgrade the back up position in FA, and wait until 2016 to draft a rookie.

And, again, this is just my prediction.

Edited by Rocky Landing