An undeniable case of liberal media bias.

If that were true, why is no one following the successful model of Fox News?

because there are only so many nimrods to cater too. the better audience demographics are over at npr/pbs and they're not after profits so it's near impossible to compete.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that were true, why is no one following the successful model of Fox News?

Liberals desire mediocrity for all.

because there are only so many nimrods to cater too. the better audience demographics are over at npr/pbs and they're not after profits so it's near impossible to compete.

Which is why those thriving sources are constantly begging for funding, right? All you "high information" voters.

I didn’t “drive off” – had stuff to do. Are you guys saying that Fox, Rush, Brietbart, Drudge are somehow not part of “mainstream media” at this point? They are just as – if not more – viewed by other media outlets at this point – or do they have a pass? As well – they are just as guilty of sensationalizing, beating to death, extrapolating, folding, spindling and mutilating as their left wing counterparts.

As far as what our founding fathers set in motion – they started a Constitution that has been added to and interpolated for 240 years – last time I checked everything that happens here in the US of A abides by that Constitution – if it does not – then it gets taken to judges who decide whether what is happening is “Constitutional” – or has that changed?

I didn’t “drive off” – had stuff to do. Are you guys saying that Fox, Rush, Brietbart, Drudge are somehow not part of “mainstream media” at this point? They are just as – if not more – viewed by other media outlets at this point – or do they have a pass? As well – they are just as guilty of sensationalizing, beating to death, extrapolating, folding, spindling and mutilating as their left wing counterparts.

As far as what our founding fathers set in motion – they started a Constitution that has been added to and interpolated for 240 years – last time I checked everything that happens here in the US of A abides by that Constitution – if it does not – then it gets taken to judges who decide whether what is happening is “Constitutional” – or has that changed?

Of course they are part of the main stream media and lean right and IMO suck. What does that have to do with the overwhelming left bias in the media?

Of course they are part of the main stream media and lean right and IMO suck. What does that have to do with the overwhelming left bias in the media?

Every time I see you Conservatives crying about the media being unfair to you guys it just reinforces what crybabies you guys are

And if you're a political junkie that seeks out right wing news you'll see them. If you're just an average Joe who watches the evening news or reads the local paper you're getting the news served up by liberal ideologues and activists who have a narrative that they passionately want to advance.

Every time I see you Conservatives crying about the media being unfair to you guys it just reinforces what crybabies you guys are

Cry baby? Nope. I could give a ****. Just pointing out the reality that for some reason you lefties like to deny. Many of my conservative friends ask how I could bare to live in the Bay Area. I tell them it's easy, it just proves we're right.

And if you're a political junkie that seeks out right wing news you'll see them. If you're just an average Joe who watches the evening news or reads the local paper you're getting the news served up by liberal ideologues and activists who have a narrative that they passionately want to advance.

Who has a narrative? Conservatives have the Scotus majority, both houses of Congress, most state legislatures and governors offices, have the highest rated radio shows, most visited websites, highest rated cable tv channels, most purchased books....who reads the local paper and watches the evening news anymore? To say the conservative voice is not represented very well - in fact become part of the MSM And society- is simply ignoring the facts.

Edited by baskin

I recall reading an essay somewhere (sadly I don't remember where or when), and the gist of it was that it's easy to be a Liberal Democrat in America. Virtually everything you see or read in the media agrees with your point of view. Big 3 Network news? Check. CNN? Check.

Can't watch Fox News (or should I say Faux News, cuz I'm smart. I went to college) because that's for low intellect people (Which is false BTW: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/foxnews.asp)

Pick up a newspaper? Well, the NY Times and the Washington Post are two of the most widely read papers and they agree with me. Ha! Can't pick up that nasty Wall Street Journal... that's for the 1%'ers...

Watch Movies or TV? Same, same . . . Can you ever recall a show or movie that painted a Republican in a favorable light? The West Wing, the American President, etc. etc. etc. All are flowery depictions of a liberal utopia.

But what about HBO's Newsroom? That guy is a Republican! No, no he's not. He's what Aaron Sorkin thinks R's should be like.

Denying Liberal Bias in the media is senseless. If you can't see it, it's because of everything I stated above. It's a systematic reprogramming of the American Mind. It's intentional, and it's working.

Who has a narrative? Conservatives have the Scotus majority, both houses of Congress, most state legislatures and governors offices, have the highest rated radio shows, most visited websites, highest rated cable tv channels, most purchased books....who reads the local paper and watches the evening news anymore? To say the conservative voice is not represented very well - in fact become part of the MSM And society- is simply ignoring the facts.

one need look no further than this board to see proof of this. b man's endless links to obscure but presumably popular far right sites, never cease to amaze me. perhaps there are analoous left wing sites proliferating so wildly but neither I nor any liberal i know seeks them out. it's almost as if far right wingers require external validation of their views......

one need look no further than this board to see proof of this. b man's endless links to obscure but presumably popular far right sites, never cease to amaze me. perhaps there are analoous left wing sites proliferating so wildly but neither I nor any liberal i know seeks them out. it's almost as if far right wingers require external validation of their views......

Yes....obscure. Why are they obscure? Maybe someone needs to look up the term main stream media.

Putting your head in the sand and closing your eyes doesn't change the reality.

Denying Liberal Bias in the media is senseless. If you can't see it, it's because of everything I stated above. It's a systematic reprogramming of the American Mind. It's intentional, and it's working.

I'd argue you have been reprogrammed. Thanks for pointing out how this is all a conspiracy though. Everyone hates the ref when he makes a call against your team, and Conservatives hate a media that doesn't tow the line perfectly.

Can you tell me who is at the bottom of this reprogramming effort?

Watch Movies or TV? Same, same . . . Can you ever recall a show or movie that painted a Republican in a favorable light? The West Wing, the American President, etc. etc. etc. All are flowery depictions of a liberal utopia.

But what about HBO's Newsroom? That guy is a Republican! No, no he's not. He's what Aaron Sorkin thinks R's should be like.

Movies and TV shows are not being crammed full of liberal messages to reprogram anyone or due to some decree from up on high. The majority of decision makers in the industry are fairly conservative politically. Are there liberals writing TV shows? Absolutely. Are they doing so because they're motivated by politics? Absolutely not -- if they were they'd be out of a job. You'd be surprised by the political make-up of most writer's rooms in this town -- even more so by the notes process from studios and networks.

Movies and TV shows are not being crammed full of liberal messages to reprogram anyone or due to some decree from up on high. The majority of decision makers in the industry are fairly conservative politically. Are there liberals writing TV shows? Absolutely. Are they doing so because they're motivated by politics? Absolutely not -- if they were they'd be out of a job. You'd be surprised by the political make-up of most writer's rooms in this town -- even more so by the notes process from studios and networks.

Ok, then why, as you say, are movies and TV being crammed full of liberal messages?