22 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 vs XBox

• PS4
    • XBox

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad you didn't post this a couple of days ago. I got the Assasin's Creed bundle of the Xbox One plus a game of my choice for 329. Made the decision easy for me.

I got the same deal for a christmas raffle at work.

This question is like asking Android or IOS, you're just going to get the fanboy answer. Seems like everyone was touting the PS4 when they first came out, but I don't game anymore so I have no clue.

I can't say which is better since the last Play Station I had was the PS1, but I just upgraded from an XBOX 360 to an XBOX One and am enjoying it so far. I don't know if you can play earlier game releases on the PS4, but one negative about the XBOX One is that you can't play games for the 360 on it. On the other hand, the anniversary edition of Halo 2 is pretty impressive.

I have always had SONY devices.. That being said you can't go wrong either way.

A few games look better on PS4 as far as resolution and frame rate. Kinda switched roles from how it used to be with 360 and PS3. PS4 has somewhat superior memory. The split screen tv option and enhanced voice functions are nice on XBOX.

It really comes down to controller preference and even that can be worked around with an adapter I hear.

Exclusive games are the only other consideration. If you play baseball, MLB The Show is PS4 exclusive and fantastic. If you're a sim racer fan, Forza is only on XBOX as Gran Turismo isn't out till sometime late next year.

As an individual that owns both consoles, there really isn't much of a difference especially if you are comparing the Xbox One version without the Kinect. Early 3rd party games (because how kinect was configured) ran at a lower resolution on the Xbox One (720p/900p vs. 1080p) but not every game runs at 1080p on the PS4 either. Current 3rd party games run at the same resolution on both consoles.

The biggest difference are the exclusive titles. Halo MCC, Ryse, Forza Series, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive vs. The Last of Us, MLB 14: The Show, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadowfall.

Other more minor differences are in the controller. The Xbox One controller has rumble triggers along with the standard rumble in the controller and the battery life (play and charge kit) gets about 4 times as much time before recharging compared to the 8 hours you get on the PS4's internal battery. The PS4 also has a light feature (which changes during gameplay) and a small touch pad in the center of the controller which in games that have used it, I have liked it a lot. The battery life on the PS4 is it's biggest downfall.

The customer service, or rather a total lack-there-of, from Microsoft in regards to the "red ring of death" issues on the XBOX360 cost them my business forever.

PS4 all the way.

I got the RROD twice and each time I called their customer support they sent me out a refurbished XBox at no cost (usually arriving within 10 business days).

I got the RROD twice and each time I called their customer support they sent me out a refurbished XBox at no cost (usually arriving within 10 business days).

I was told, in no uncertain terms, that the warranty didn't cover that issue, and that it would not be replaced or repaired.

I was told, in no uncertain terms, that the warranty didn't cover that issue, and that it would not be replaced or repaired.

There must be something more to this or the technical support person gave you wrong/bad information. RROD was certainly covered in the warranty. MS even extended the warranty for the original models another 3 years for free because of the RROD issue.

The biggest difference are the exclusive titles. Halo MCC, Ryse, Forza Series, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive vs. The Last of Us, MLB 14: The Show, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadowfall.

That's the deciding factor for me, right there. The only games I really ever play are Halo (pretty much all of them) and South Park - The Stick Of Truth.

I never had any issue with the RROD, but my brother did and they replaced it with a refurbished model.

The PS4 has a much larger player base and superior hardware, but I would wait to buy anything, however. The great majority of games for either system are awful. Killzone sucks, Ryse sucks, Dead Rising 3 is OK at best. The only truly great game released for either system is The Last of Us, and you can play that on the PS3. As far as multi-platform games go, almost everything will run smoother and with better resolution on the PS4.

You should really give up your console peasantry and join the PC master race, though.

IMO both systems are close enough in specs, that arguing over specs that is kinda moot.

It comes down to two things:

- System exclusives (example GT vs Forza)

- What system your friends play on (online gaming is a big thing these days)

Currently I prefer Forza (but I miss GT), and most of my friends have Xbones, so the decision was easy for me.

Edited by Dorkington

Other more minor differences are in the controller. The Xbox One controller has rumble triggers along with the standard rumble in the controller and the battery life (play and charge kit) gets about 4 times as much time before recharging compared to the 8 hours you get on the PS4's internal battery. The PS4 also has a light feature (which changes during gameplay) and a small touch pad in the center of the controller which in games that have used it, I have liked it a lot. The battery life on the PS4 is it's biggest downfall.

What do you wind up doing with that touch pad? I can't really think of how it might be used.

I own both, the PS4 for a week. I prefer the Xbox One's UI and controller. I also like the voice commands with the Kinect. EA Access on Xbox is pretty good too, it's paid for itself with game discounts already and getting free access to a few games rocks.

Overall, I like the Xbox One better, but there's not a ton of difference between them.

I picked up a PS4 cause my wife wanted to play The Last of Us, and we both want to play video games at the same time.

One cool feature on the PS4 is Share Play, you can share a game with your friends list. I haven't found the light on the PS4 controller too useful, but it's kinda cool that it changes colors with your health in The Last of Us. Plus, the PS4 is the only device I own that lets me stream NHL Gamecenter direct to the TV - I'll be taking advantage of that as soon as the Sabres are good again.

Outside of that, there's not much of a difference between them.

I would buy them based off of which exclusives you like better and what more of your friends have if you play online. IMO that's the real difference between the two.

The customer service, or rather a total lack-there-of, from Microsoft in regards to the "red ring of death" issues on the XBOX360 cost them my business forever.

PS4 all the way.

Sony's customer service is awful. I had to contact them because The Last of Us code was missing from my PS4 Black Friday bundle, and they basically told me too bad, so sad, and they didn't care.

At least Microsoft's customer service is empathetic, even if they don't do anything either.

The PS4 has a much larger player base and superior hardware, but I would wait to buy anything, however. The great majority of games for either system are awful. Killzone sucks, Ryse sucks, Dead Rising 3 is OK at best. The only truly great game released for either system is The Last of Us, and you can play that on the PS3. As far as multi-platform games go, almost everything will run smoother and with better resolution on the PS4.

You should really give up your console peasantry and join the PC master race, though.

Sunset Overdrive is pretty awesome. Best exclusive for the Xbox One. I'd call it a great game, but that's just me. :)

Edited by BlueFire