Is it possible to make a better play than Hughes did?

Kelly the Dog

Hughes is the man "in Buffalo" - he will command big bucks on the open market - but he is the benefactor of three pro bowl defensive lineman. If he goes elsewhere his agent better get him an enormous signing bonus because I do not think he will ever live up to expectations anywhere else. He fits our defensive scheme perfectly and if he does not have a Mario, Dareus and Kyle along side him, as a smaller defensive end he will not a major factor. Just look at his career in Indianapolis. I hope he stays here and get a big signing bonus and big bucks on a long term deal - because here in Buffalo he will see the end of that deal - elsewhere he may be a cap cut after a couple of seasons.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yea, I forgot to mention penalties.

for this game hughes behaved himself and I give him credit for drawing those holding calls on Thomas.

for the season, hughes is a mental midget.

hughes, bradham, A. Williams, lee smith and spikes are on the bills top 5 all-dumb team for stupid selfish penalties.

hughes is like jairus byrd part II. everyone looks at the turnovers & sacks (which are huge) but ignore all the other weaknesses.

hughes has 3 forced fumbles and zero passes batted down to go along with his 9.5 sacks.

someone like Searcy has 2 forced fumbles and 3 interceptions and doesn't get the same recognition as hughes.

hughes is a nice player, but he is NOT on the same level as Mario, kyle and dareus.

Thomas is seen as a future HOFer. Penalized 7 times this year. 4 vs. Jerry Hughes. Allowed 3 qb Hits all year, 1 by hughes.

Hughes is the man "in Buffalo" - he will command big bucks on the open market - but he is the benefactor of three pro bowl defensive lineman. If he goes elsewhere his agent better get him an enormous signing bonus because I do not think he will ever live up to expectations anywhere else. He fits our defensive scheme perfectly and if he does not have a Mario, Dareus and Kyle along side him, as a smaller defensive end he will not a major factor. Just look at his career in Indianapolis. I hope he stays here and get a big signing bonus and big bucks on a long term deal - because here in Buffalo he will see the end of that deal - elsewhere he may be a cap cut after a couple of seasons.

You could argue that he's the beneficiary with Kyle, Marcell, and Mario being his benefactors who allow him to mostly be singled up against OTs. Whatever the case, he's an outstanding talent in his own right.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-notebook-playing-in-contract-year-hughes-is-on-the-money-20141130

Bills linebacker Brandon Spikes pulled Hughes back to his feet. Hughes said he realized he could score, “When I get up and Spikes yells, ‘Run!’ That’s when I took off.”

Spikes states in post game interview that Spikes was the one who realized play was not dead and helped Hughes to feet. It was a heads up play

And notice Spikes - he knows the play is alive and is helping him to his feet to get him going.