Did Blount plan move to Pats?

PromoTheRobot

My only question goes back to his early season arrest. The teams punishment was kept under wraps, so even if the plan wasn't necessarily to go back to NE, what if the plan was to just act a fool to get released, knowing someone would be willing to pick him up? If he knew he was on thin ice (the good old, screw up again and you're outta here thing), and decided to push it, and they said peace, see ya, did Blount really think he'd be out of work long? And it hasn't been brought up if other teams contacted or showed interest in him (maybe I missed that, I could be wrong), but wouldn't he want to go back to where he had success if given the choice?

My point is, I'm not sure the *pats were involved in collusion of sorts, but maybe Blount took a calculated risk with his time in Pittsburgh and now it paid off? He knew how to get out of there, and played his cards to end up getting his wish. I can't imagine it would be the first time it's happened in the league

I'm sure he didn't come up with a plan all his own, but these guys do have agents who are always looking to get a few extra bucks

I wouldn't be surprised that he talked to his agent and said he wasn't happy with how he was being used and his agent knew that he wouldn't be out of work for long so he told him that he should try and get the Steelers to let him go. He was pissed at the end of the Monday night game so he quit ND got his wish

PTR, I agree with 75% of your posts, and count you as one of voices of reason(my reasoning, at least) but this makes me question my choices of who to follow...Blount is not disciplined enough to plan anything, he has proven this time and again. How many teams has he played for, thus far? He is best known for his poor decisions, not his diabolical plans.

Well I didn't make this up. I'm citing a news story. But it's true that I'm as paranoid of Bellycheat as anyone. So am I nuts if the guy really is a sleazebag?

You mean like when Belichick cut Milloy who then signed with the Bills and who helped them wallop the Pats shortly thereafter?

That really lasted, didn't it? But you didn't answer my question: how would we react if we let a player walk to the Pats* and they had this kind of game? Peoples heads would explode, I think.

That really lasted, didn't it? But you didn't answer my question: how would we react if we let a player walk to the Pats* and they had this kind of game? Peoples heads would explode, I think.

Were it to happen, I think many in here wouldn't be shocked if the Pats somehow found a way to maximize the talent and skill of the player addition.

The coronary possibilities would, no doubt be, those in here who seem to obsess over the Patriots success and rationalize things down to cheating, conspiracy theories and luck.

I **** you not...I tried to pick him up the very second I heard he was "visiting the Patriots". Un-sucessful...

I don't see the point. You never know with Belicheck which RB will get the work that week? Gray, Vereen, Blount...any one could have 100 yds & 2 TD's one week then 2 touches the next week.