Patriots look scary good...

Dragonborn10

They are my pick to win it all.

They are the most complete, well balanced team looking at both sides of the ball.

Tom Brady is playing as well as he ever has (at 37 years old no less).

Gronk is an unstoppable force. Edelman is a younger, more versatile and better Welker.

Trading a long in the tooth Mankins for their second pass catching TE Wright was a major win, given that their O line is getting the job done.

Brandon Lafell has matured into a reliable and disciplined pro, no longer underachieving.

Even playing short handed without Mayo, Jones etc... their D is outstanding.

They seem to find productive, bruising RBs out of thin air.

If they fall short of a championship this year it will be because their opponents will have come up with the very best game they can possibly can and with the ball (and the breaks) bouncing their way. In other words, the Pats will have to be unlucky not to win.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But he also had that 5-11 year with Bledsoe at Qb. That makes Bill an 8-8 coach without Tom Brady at QB. Not exactly hall of fame caliber. All that Cassel year did was get him to .500.....lol

So you could say that he is only capable of reaching a Superbowl if he has a Hall of Fame caliber QB. Let's see what happens when Brady retires. I have a strange suspicion that people are going to start talking about how Bellichick just isn't as good as he used to be. Bet on it. Cuz you know it is going to happen.

I just don't get why it's so hard for people to comprehend that it's not just Belicheck or Brady, it's the two together. They both contribute, equally it seems, to the success of that franchise.

The Patriots are not allowing pressure up the middle which has hurt them in the playoffs typically to the Ravens. I thought Detroit would challenge them in the middle but they double teamed/held Suh on every play allowing Brady all day to hit the crossing patterns. Defensively, their corners get away with things that Gilmore gets whistled for every week. They are very good but they do get away with a lot as well.

Edited by Lofton80

This year the Pats have a shut down defense, comprised of what may well be the best secondary in the NFL - in what is a passing league - which gives a defensive mastermind like Belichick the players to play chess when most are playing checkers.

Then you add in a master like Brady and a healthy Gronk and a suddenly excellent OL, and you see what has happened these last few weeks; a Pats offense that is a chameleon and which morph's into something new each game. I pity the DC who has to gameplan for such an offense.

Edited by Pneumonic

Defensively, their corners get away with things that Gilmore gets whistled for every week. They are very good but they do get away with a lot as well.

More like their receivers are gifted with bull **** calls every game. The Patriots are ranked first in the league in receiving pass interference calls in their favor. Last season they were ranked 2nd. In 2012 they were ranked 2nd.

For a penalty that has the biggest impact on the game and can literally make or break Wins and losses, the Patriots sure seem to be awfully lucky with them.

This thread is really sad....

I wonder what rival message boards would have been like during the Bills Super Bowl years?

I know I am dreaming but sure would be nice if our game against NE means nothing to them and they sit a bunch of players and we back into the playoffs.

I expect that it will not only mean nothing to the Pats, but the Bills won't be close to the playoffs, and the Pats will win anyway.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Just like the Giants knew that they could have a receiver catch the ball with his helmet to win a superbowl, or make an amazing catch on the sidelines to win another.

The Pats were not beat by the Giants in the two SBs -- they could have closed out both games by running for first downs. But Bill didn't want to do that, and had to rely on receivers catching the ball. Just ask Giselle who's fault it was.

I have come to the conclusion that the Patriots are Satan's Team because the more people hate them, the better they get... as if they somehow absorb the hate to make themselves invincible.

Maybe if I just try to start loving them... :wub:

It's already well established that Tom Brady and/or Bill Bellichick sold their souls to the devil 15 years ago in exchange for their dynasty. How else would it be possible for a 6th round QB give you 14 straight years of Hall-of-fame-quality play while you get some of the luckiest plays and calls in all of football?

Tuck rule?

Blocking the Jets' field goal on the last play of the game for the win?

Witchcraft

Wow. I hate them but wow. I think the only obstacle to another title is a Green Bay offense that can match score for score or a Seattle/San Francisco defense. As of now I think Green Bay is the NFC favorite.

As long as they don't make or lose in the Super Bowl i'm happy.