Ben Tate, LaGarrette Blount released

YoloinOhio

We don't know the specifics of the production qualifiers but I'm thinking BB would pretty much need to be the second coming of AP to make that a 3rd rd pick with him being inactive for 8 weeks. I don't have an issue with using a 4th round pick on a cheap 23-yr-old RB who ideally fits your system when your current guys are 1) about to be 35 and 2) about to be a FA, and both injury prone.

Ben Tate is older and slower than Brown. Do you think they should have rolled the dice with just Fred and CJ and hoped Tate or someone else got cut sometime this season? As it is it would have been a month too late and he wouldn't know the offense. Guys available for "free" are usually that way for a reason.

What about Bryce Brown's performance makes you think he was a better option than say, Crowell or Oliver, to give two examples off the top of my head?

Not sure if you can say Pats gave up on him as he left as a FA but he has now played for 3 teams and at least two of them have given up on him as you forgot about his time in Tampa

this is the guy who sucker punched an opposing player on the field after a loss in college and was arrested for possession of pot in august with L.Bell so there are numerous red flags with this idiot

Isn't he the one who had to be dragged off the field by the police?

No RB will help us with our offensive line that isn't worth a shizzle.

And an offensive staff that doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "Game Plan"

Pegula should be OPENLY courting replacement HC's and OC's... Marrone and Hackett deserve to be publicly embarassed for their ineptitude. Hopefully Pegula wants to get it RIGHT this time. -Lure a big-name coach, who dosen't have time for excuses or losing... Some one who can actually gameplan... Develop talent... Plot a course, and maintain a vision.

Marracket has failed epically in their mission. Time to move on, people.

Edited by #34fan

And an offensive staff that doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "Game Plan"

Pegula should be OPENLY courting replacement HC's and OC's... Marrone and Hackett deserve to be publicly embarassed for their ineptitude. Hopefully Pegula wants to get it RIGHT this time. -Lure a big-name coach, who dosen't have time for excuses or losing... Some one who can actually gameplan... Develop talent... Plot a course, and maintain a vision.

Marracket has failed epically in their mission. Time to move on, people.

Not saying this is wrong, but,really, what coaching staff, for the Bill, has had anytime to plot or maintain anything? The average 3 year cycle of coaches completely prevents that, doesn't it?

Not saying this is wrong, but,really, what coaching staff, for the Bill, has had anytime to plot or maintain anything? The average 3 year cycle of coaches completely prevents that, doesn't it?

We've had not-so-great fortune with GM's as well as coaches... One or the other is bad enough, but BOTH??? Too much to overcome. Lousy scouting, lousy drafting, terrible coaching and development... This team NEEDS to hire a consultant first and foremost. -Someone who KNOWS how a championship team is supposed to look, prepare, and perform at every level.

I recommend John gruden, or Bill Cowher, but some here may disagree.

I'll start a "HIRE A CONSULTANT" thread soon, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

sign blount! dude runs hard.

Agreed. Plus remember, we're in mid-November, which on the Bills calendar is the traditional Sign a Troubled And/Or Post-Steroidal Past His Prime Player Period. Blount follows in the big footsteps of Shawne Merriman and Tony Moeaki! Sign both him and Richie. Blount vs. Incognito would be a hell of a lot more interesting than Boobie up the middle for 2!

Merriman was hurt and a shell of his original self. He was worth a look-see but the Bills kept him around too long, after it was clear he was never going to get good again. Moeaki was also hurt but now is recovered and playing for Seattle. He caught a TD against KC but I don't know how much he played. He always appeared to have the talent but couldn't keep from getting hurt.

Blount is not hurt and just has a bad attitude. He probably won't want to sit, and if Freddie comes back, sit he will. But he runs like Cookie Gilchrist used to. Geez, he'd be good for the Bills, better than Dixon, if he decides to put it together.

F@

@ArifHasanNFL: lol RT @JosinaAnderson: Source: RB LeGarrette Blount is currently at the #Patriots facility. He is expected to sign with the team.

So do the pats keep the comp pick they could get for him leaving in FA?

@JasonLaCanfora: Pats signing LeGarrette Blount to 2-yr deal pending physical. could be more than a short-term rental. @JosinaAnderson 1st reported his visit

Edited by YoloinOhio

You're right.

Hill went a couple of spots before Hyde.

My bad.

I guess the Bills were hoping Hyde would last until the third.

the Bills said after the draft they were actually trying hard to trade up for Hyde but were not successful. Once all the all-purpose type RBs were gone is when they made the trade for Bryce Brown.