Chuck Pagano and Mike Smith are worse than Marrone

Dragonborn10

No disrespect but this is one of the worst lists I have ever seen. Lewis has been to the playoffs multiple times and have the Bengals challenging for the division again. He's so much better than Marrone.

Caldwell took over a bad team and has them in first. Better.

Garrett finished 8-8 and has the Cowboys challenging for the top seat in the NFC. Better.

Pagano has gone to the playoffs twice in 2 years and is winning the division again.

I could argue a bunch of other guys too. Our roster is simply better than the Jags, Vikes (I'd rather have Zimmer and Turner than Marrone and Hackett). This list is laughably bad.

Marrone's wife doesn't love him as much as you do. :) seriously, you sound crazy.

Marrone went 7-6 at Syracuse. What the hell has Coughlin done???

The "on par" list is certainly debatable. I'm fine with that.

Pagano, Caldwell and Lewis all have better QB's.

Pagano is king turd in the worst or (at best) second-worst division in football.

Caldwell makes Marrone look fast and loose.

Lewis has managed to do the least with the most of just about any NFL coach.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect but this is one of the worst lists I have ever seen. Lewis has been to the playoffs multiple times and have the Bengals challenging for the division again. He's so much better than Marrone.

Caldwell took over a bad team and has them in first. Better.

Garrett finished 8-8 and has the Cowboys challenging for the top seat in the NFC. Better.

Pagano has gone to the playoffs twice in 2 years and is winning the division again.

I could argue a bunch of other guys too. Our roster is simply better than the Jags, Vikes (I'd rather have Zimmer and Turner than Marrone and Hackett). This list is laughably bad.

Marrone's wife doesn't love him as much as you do. :) seriously, you sound crazy.

Marrone went 7-6 at Syracuse. What the hell has Coughlin done???

Marvin Lewis has one of the, if not the most, talented teams from top to bottom in the AFC and they underachieve every season. Lewis is singlehandedly holding his team back.

Pagano, Caldwell and Lewis all have better QB's.

If a coach has a better QB than another coach then the coach with the worse QB is better even if their team loses more games?

What legendary HOF type coach ever had a bad QB? Are none of them good because they had good QBs?

Marrone is better than Tom Landry because he had Roger Staubach. Bill Walsh is worse because he had Joe Montana. Bill Parcells is worse because he had Jeff Hostettler. Why is Bill Bellyache better, he has Tom Brady?

By your reasoning I guess Brain Billick is the best coach because he won with Trent Dilfer? Oh wait, he had a good D.

Oh, and I would love a conservative game plan if it got us to 6-4 like the Colts or 7-4 like the Cheaps.

Edited by reddogblitz

Well, for one, we beat them, in their building.

And also, did you watch the Arizona game? If conservative game plans are to be hated, then MY GOD...

Detroit's kicker beat them.

Marvin Lewis has one of the, if not the most, talented teams from top to bottom in the AFC and they underachieve every season. Lewis is singlehandedly holding his team back.

Another great point. The Bengals were a great franchise until Lewis got there.

He's isn't. He took the Colts to the SB, was the OC for the SB winning Ravens, and is now leading the Lions to the playoffs.

Doug Marrone won the Pinstripe Bowl dammit!!!

If a coach has a better QB than another coach then the coach with the worse QB is better even if their team loses more games?

What legendary HOF type coach ever had a bad QB? Are none of them good because they didn't have good QBs.

Marrone is better than Tom Landry because he had Roger Staubach. Bill Walsh is worse because he had Joe Montana. Bill Parcells is worse because he had Jeff Hostettler.

That's my whole !@#$ing point!! :lol:

When you agree that your QB falls somewhere in the 20-25 range, how can we be pissed if we also agree the coach, then falls somehwere in the 15-25 range!?

Shame on Caldwell for not kicking FGs himself.

Oh...I see. So players and NOT coaches win/lose games? Wow, that's like...the opposite...of what you two have been arguing.

Another great point. The Bengals were a great franchise until Lewis got there.

Doug Marrone won the Pinstripe Bowl dammit!!!

If you don't think Lewis should be canned, I'm convinced you don't watch football games outside of the Bills.

When you agree that your QB falls somewhere in the 20-25 range, how can we be pissed if we also agree the coach, then falls somehwere in the 15-25 range!?

Oh...I see. So players and NOT coaches win/lose games? Wow, that's like...the opposite...of what you two have been arguing.

Caldwell sucks at talent evaluation for having that kicker on the roster, right?

If you don't think Lewis should be canned, I'm convinced you don't watch football games outside of the Bills.

I don't even think you believe half of the nonsense you spew. Cincinnati is in first place. With andy Dalton. They were probably the worst franchise in the NFL before Lewis got there.

Only morons would put Marrone on Lewis' level. Marrone hasn't proven a thing besides winning the Pinstripe Bowl.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing now. Enjoy your Friday and thinking Marrone isn't one of thee worst coaches in the NFL. Keep defending him after we missed the playoffs again and wasted a year on Kyle freakin' Orton. What a great year!

Is it possible to have a good QB AND a good coach, or a bad QB AND a bad coach?

You've basically distilled this argument to its most basic, chicken v egg level.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing now. Enjoy your Friday and thinking Marrone isn't one of thee worst coaches in the NFL. Keep defending him after we missed the playoffs again and wasted a year on Kyle freakin' Orton. What a great year!

Okay. I'll take your inability to offer a salient counter point as concession. Have a great and productive weekend. Enjoy the free Sunday. Some extra chores will let your wife know you love her!

In the Lions game Kyle gave the Lions an easy TD on a pick six practically gift wrapped to the Lions DB. Carpenter missed a FG as well. We gave them 10 points and they gave us 9. We won by 3.

Yeah but still.

I don't even think you believe half of the nonsense you spew. Cincinnati is in first place. With andy Dalton. They were probably the worst franchise in the NFL before Lewis got there.

Only morons would put Marrone on Lewis' level. Marrone hasn't proven a thing besides winning the Pinstripe Bowl.

Why do the Bengals constantly play awful in the first round of the playoffs and prime time games?

I think ranking Head Coaches is entirely subjective. Personally I have never really bought the Jeff Fisher hype I think he is a below average coach. How can you have the ability to beat Seattle, San Fran and Denver and yet be sitting with 4 wins? That suggests to me a coach who isn't getting his players prepared and ready each week.

I don't rate Marvin Lewis either. The Bengals have rebuilt their talent pool by drafting very well. Has he ever got a team to outperform its talent? Maybe Dalton's first year - possibly?

I like Jim Caldwell and I think the man to blame for the fact the Colts collapsed once Manning's neck issue arose was actually Bill Polian (controversial for a Bills fan I know) but they had drafted terribly the couple of years before Peyton got injured. Take that year out and Caldwell's record is hard to argue with.

I also like Zimmer. He might fall in the category of great DC average HC buy how can you possibly say that based on this year? His whole approach was thrown up in the air by AP's suspension - I think in the circumstances they have been pretty competitive.