Chuck Pagano and Mike Smith are worse than Marrone

Dragonborn10

Doug Marrone:

cat-sees-lion-mirror.jpg

Thanks, that gave me an actual good laugh today :worthy:

St Doug :sick:

Who is Doug better than??? (in no particular order)

1. Mike Smith

2. Marc Trestman

3. Jim Caldwell

4. Marvin Lewis

5. Chuck Pagano

6. Gus Bradley

7. Joe Philbin

8. Mike Zimmer

What a pile.

Even Dick Jauron aka skeletor was better because he wasn't worse in he own area of expertise.

Even Chan Gailey Mr pass happy with a broken QB was better because he wasn't worse in his own area of expertise.

Doug Marrone has had two of the best defensive coordinators the last two years, and his offenses are so bad its embarrassing. About all his teams need to do is score 20 points a game, and he fails. Can you imagine if the bills had managed to secure QB Alex Smith, and this blatant moron of an OC tried to make him throw 40 times a game, and runs only 20. They would never win.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, that gave me an actual good laugh today :worthy:

St Doug :sick:

Even Dick Jauron aka skeletor was better because he wasn't worse in he own area of expertise.

Even Chan Gailey Mr pass happy with a broken QB was better because he wasn't worse in his own area of expertise.

Doug Marrone has had two of the best defensive coordinators the last two years, and his offenses are so bad its embarrassing. About all his teams need to do is score 20 points a game, and he fails. Can you imagine if the bills had managed to secure QB Alex Smith, and this blatant moron of an OC tried to make him throw 40 times a game, and runs only 20. They would never win.

I think they'd win at least 6 of 10. Unless you think Orton is better than Smith.

Marrone's biggest fault as a head coach is his cronyism in hiring ten of his assistant coaches from college, and expecting that to work in the NFL. It takes years to make that transition for an assistant coach, as he has to learn an entire new coaching philosophy just like a rookie player. We saw that back in 2010 with Gailey. The NFL is about winning now, and not in 3-5 years after being hired, and being trained to do their jobs properly.

Next, the man is an ex NFL lineman, ex NFL line coach, ex NFL offensive coordinator, and didn't call the offensive plays as an OC. This man was out on the field "hands on" coaching the current O lineman for 2x years now, and then the team fields the worst O line this team has ever seen, and is the worst in the NFL. The team starts, and fields a player that needs to be out right cut off the team by week six because he is playing so poorly, and so does his backup. How does this happen in the mans supposed area of expertise?

The Buffalo Bills offense under Marrone is bad, and our eyes, and the film doesn't lie, nor do the stats. 27th in total offense in the NFL, last in the NFL in red zone TD's.

I honestly don't know how on gods green earth anyone can keep defending him. I like the man more then either Jauron or Gailey, and someday... perhaps 10 years from now when he is NFL smarter he will be a winning NFL coach. I for one don't want to wait even one, two, or 5-10 years for him to learn what he doesn't know.

If want a list! While I don't completely agree with the entire list of coaches on the "hot seat". I do agree that Marrone's butt should be blazing right about now. http://coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRankingNFL.htm

If you click on the link to winningest coaches you would see Marrone 29th at .423%. Only Zimmer, Gruden, and Bradly are worse.

I think they'd win at least 6 of 10. Unless you think Orton is better than Smith.

Think of Alex Smith behind that Bills O line where a QB can't step up in the pocket because the interior of the line is the weakest area. Smith is a game manager, and at times can lead a team from behind if given ample time to throw, and a clean pocket. He wouldn't hardly ever get that with Buffalo with the game on the line. Not in the last two years.

Seriously, this board, even in the virtual sense, would have burst into flames.

As they should- if I hadn't called it the Browns wouldve?!? What?!?!?

Mike smith is terrible and I suspect being a fox announcers brother buys him a lot of leash with the media

Seriously, this board, even in the virtual sense, would have burst into flames.

As they should- if I hadn't called it the Browns wouldve?!? What?!?!?

Mike smith is terrible and I suspect being a fox announcers brother buys him a lot of leash with the media

The timeout was inexplicably bad, but they compounded the idiocy with an incomplete pass on 3rd and 2 to stop the clock. :doh: