Freedom's Just Another Word for Nothing Left to Lose - the next 5

With playoff fantasies behind us, a look into the future:

- Resurgent Jets and Browns beat us back-to-back. Orton is replaced by Manuel midway through the Browns game.

- Manuel plays well! We get threads like "Maybe EJ Is The Answer After All." Then he hurts his knee against the Broncos. Orton comes in to be humiliated by one of the teams that dumped him. Peyton and Co. put up 56 points on us.

- Hey, by then its December!! Time for the annual pointless signing of a washed up juicer. Shawne Merriman, Tony Moeaki, who's next? My best bet -- they all say we need a tight end, Kellen WInslow Jr. is available!

- Packers in town. They put up 52 on us.

- We go to the Raiders. By then Oakland actually has 1 win. Derek Carr might finally be their QB of the future. Orton plays well but we lose on a 4th quarter strip sack. The losing streak is 7.

- And finally it comes to a merciful end on December 28. Orton's career as a Bill appears to be over. EJ is still out. It's Tuel time! Brady plays 1 quarter, puts up 3 TDs. Tuel plays well against mostly second teamers. We get posts like, "Maybe We Should Have Started Tuel All Along." But Jimmy G. pulls it out at the last minute. We finish up strong as usual, with an 8 game losing streak. 5-11. Marrone fired, Whaley fired, Brandon fired. Its the Pegula Rolling of the Heads.

- Super Bowl over, the coach reshuffling begins. Frank Reich turns us down. Jack Del Rio turns us down. Jim Schwartz takes the Oakland job. We hire recently-fired Mike Smith. Everyone says he's a winner ...

With playoff fantasies behind us, a look into the future:

- Resurgent Jets and Browns beat us back-to-back. Orton is replaced by Manuel midway through the Browns game.

- Manuel plays well! We get threads like "Maybe EJ Is The Answer After All." Then he hurts his knee against the Broncos. Orton comes in to be humiliated by one of the teams that dumped him. Peyton and Co. put up 56 points on us.

- Hey, by then its December!! Time for the annual pointless signing of a washed up juicer. Shawne Merriman, Tony Moeaki, who's next? My best bet -- they all say we need a tight end, Kellen WInslow Jr. is available!

- Packers in town. They put up 52 on us.

- We go to the Raiders. By then Oakland actually has 1 win. Derek Carr might finally be their QB of the future. Orton plays well but we lose on a 4th quarter strip sack. The losing streak is 7.

- And finally it comes to a merciful end on December 28. Orton's career as a Bill appears to be over. EJ is still out. It's Tuel time! Brady plays 1 quarter, puts up 3 TDs. Tuel plays well against mostly second teamers. We get posts like, "Maybe We Should Have Started Tuel All Along." But Jimmy G. pulls it out at the last minute. We finish up strong as usual, with an 8 game losing streak. 5-11. Marrone fired, Whaley fired, Brandon fired. Its the Pegula Rolling of the Heads.

- Super Bowl over, the coach reshuffling begins. Frank Reich turns us down. Jack Del Rio turns us down. Jim Schwartz takes the Oakland job. We hire recently-fired Mike Smith. Everyone says he's a winner ...

We would win one or two meaningless games in December to not have the 8 game losing streak. But, since we don't have a number one pick to screw up, we just lose all the games.

now it's stuck in my head ..

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,

And feeling good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues,

You know feeling good was good enough for me,

Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee.

La la la, la la la la, la la la, la la la la

La la la la la Bobby McGee.

La la la la la, la la la la la

La la la la la, Bobby McGee, la.

not that bad though

now it's stuck in my head ..

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,

And feeling good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues,

You know feeling good was good enough for me,

Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee.

La la la, la la la la, la la la, la la la la

La la la la la Bobby McGee.

La la la la la, la la la la la

La la la la la, Bobby McGee, la.

not that bad though

It was a good one, maybe the best Kristofferson tune, with a great lyric (and so true)

I'd take Mike Smith over Coach Marrone in a 1/2 of a New York heartbeat.

Yeah, I may have been too optimistic there in suggesting Smith would even take our job. What we do know is this: the Bills, like many other teams, alternate between "Offensive/Defensive Coordinator Getting His First Head Coaching Opportunity" and "Experienced (read: fired) Prior NFL Head Coach Getting Another Chance." So for us its retread time. Sometimes that's ok (John Fox, Pete Carroll), sometimes it isn't (Dick Jauron, Mike Mularkey with the Jags). But I can guarantee that's where we're going.

For those who think the Bills job is unattractive to qualified coaches, I think that's pure silliness. We may need a QB, but otherwise have a TON of talent. OK, maybe a couple guards and a TE, but this team is loaded and ready to go given a fresh start.