Ebola patient Duncan's family to get $$$

LeviF

http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-victims-family-agreement-hospital-160714403.html

Lie about who you've been in contact with, "forget" to say what country you came from in the hospital, get hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of health care that you have no way of paying for, and when you die your family gets money.

I love this country.

It's only fair. Sure, he could have been responsible for the deaths of hundreds instead of just a nation-wide panic of hysteria. But he desperately wanted to be here. It's America's burden to open our floodgates to whomever wants to be here whenever and however they can claw themselves ashore.

Face it. If you're against Ebola victims, you're a racist.

The nurses should sue Duncan's family for his deception of exposure to Ebola while in Liberia

No damages occurred. Having said that....the 'award' in this case makes me want to puke.

Edit: when I first read your comment I was thinking of the nurses as a collective group. Those that actually acquired the disease 'might' have a case. Still hard to win without any long term health impact. Lawyers??

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

No damages occurred. Having said that....the 'award' in this case makes me want to puke.

Edit: when I first read your comment I was thinking of the nurses as a collective group. Those that actually acquired the disease 'might' have a case. Still hard to win without any long term health impact. Lawyers??

Long-term health problems from Ebola aren't uncommon.

Even so, I wouldn't think it's much of a case. Nursing carries with it a reasonable risk of infection, for which there should be no "Ebola exception" just because people think "The Hot Zone" is non-fiction.

to be fair, I thought that when Duncan first went to the hospital with symptoms that he had told them he had been to west Africa, and they turned him away. it was on his return to the hospital via ambulance that he was finally diagnosed with ebola. it seems to me that if he tried to be admitted and was turned away that his family would have a case, especially considering the subsequent survival rate of the others who received treatment.

http://news.yahoo.co...-160714403.html

Lie about who you've been in contact with, "forget" to say what country you came from in the hospital, get hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of health care that you have no way of paying for, and when you die your family gets money.

I love this country.

Did you even read the article?

"The hospital has apologized for releasing Duncan the first time, and after initially denying he had told them he was from West Africa, they acknowledged key caregivers missed his travel history in their record system."

Did you even read the article?

"The hospital has apologized for releasing Duncan the first time, and after initially denying he had told them he was from West Africa, they acknowledged key caregivers missed his travel history in their record system."

Ok, you're right. His family totally deserves a big ol' cash payout then.

:rolleyes:

What's your point?

Potential malpractice.

So what? Dude should have died in Africa and his body tossed in the street with the rest of them (which is what would have happened if he hadn't lied to get out of the country). Everything he got beyond that was gravy.