buffalo reaches the absolute depths

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the mayor know so much about Scientology?

He didn't.

"They had everything on a TelePrompTer," Masiello admitted later. "I basically edited it and used what they gave me. I read it several times, and if I felt it was objectionable, I wouldn't have done it."

Thats pretty crazy...what is this Scientology all about anyway???

This seems to me to an expected side effect of the increased interaction between relgions and politics which is reflected in the activities from the Christian right becoming an essential part of GOP dominance at the polls to the folks in the Mid-East adopting religious dogma as a driver for political decision-making.

The Scientologist, the Christian Right and Iraqi Muslim clerics are certainly very different in their beliefs, however, when you mix this with an American commitment to allowing individuals to chose their religion and the state not picking which religion is right, this is an outcome I expected of greater interaction between the government and religion.

I hope folks who are demanding that government needs to show more support of religions providing essential social services and needs to not be negative to their relgion are aware that one should be careful of what you ask for because you might get it.

I am starting to have a lot more respect for out founding fathers requiring some strong separation of church and state because when you begin to go down this road one gets on a slippery slope pretty fast and governmemt support of religions one may consider to be crackpots can happen pretty quickly. One man's Scientology is another man's Catholic Church pretty quickly, even though neither belief is the one I subscribe to.

Here is the site:

http://www.scientology-buffalo.org/

I know they spent tons of money renovationg that building. I wouldn't be surprised if they are buying other buildings in the area. Lot's of Buffalo real estate is getting purchased and much of it is by out of state people or groups.

225109[/snapback]

You should see what they did with their headquarters in L.A.! Something like a $100 Million renovation to an old hospital. That place is HUGE! And you can't miss the only sky blue building in Los Angeles.

All I had to read in that article was Scientology and I immediately closed the window. Scientology is a pseudoscience/crack-pot scam designed by none other than Mr. Battlefield Earth himself, L. Ron Hubbard. Basically, when he realized no one was buying his self-help books anymore, he decided to try and bilk people by claiming that it was a legitimate religion. Among other things, some of the highlights of this farce are the ability to turn yourself invisible and to have conversations with aliens. Once you pay a small fortune in fees for Ron's help in obtaining this level of zen.

Perhaps it has changed since Hubbard is dead. I would guess not.

at the risk of banishing this thread to the PPP, I feel compelled to say that if this was an endorsement of any variety of Evangelical conservative Christianity, we wouldn't be reading about it a year and a half later. There would have been a substantial public outcry before the speech was over.

as MadCap said, this is nothing more than self-help mysticism disguised as religion.

I have worked with the founders of FactNet, an anti-cult organization that had the majority of efforts spent in exposing the truth about Scientology (TCOS.)

As some of you may know, TCOS is an organization that charges members for "classes" to de-program them from certain influences. There is a pyramid of "conciousness" that members climb, ever gaining a greater and great level of "clear thinking." When you study their ideology you will soon discover that they are very much the science fiction brain child of Hubburt who once claimed that he could "invent" a religion. He was right.

I have read the top secret, extra supperdupper top level, top secret Hubbard documents that members repudidely pay (after all classes and work are included) - if memory serves me - $400,000 semolians. Let me assure you, they have nothing in common with Christianity. They have nothing in common with any "real" religion on the face of the earth. I will go so far as to say that they should be considered an "abhomination" to Christianity, Mohamidism or ANY religion that believes in God.

What they did in Buffalo is nothing compared to what they did to all of us - they sued and intimidated even the IRS to such a point that they gave TCOS tax-exempt status. If they can do that to the IRS, you do not want to mess with these people. Their philosophy is one of rooting out any contention, and using the courts to bleed and exhaust any opposition. I would not even now use my name in writing this post. In the time I worked in these matters , and with the encouragement of the others, I strictly remained annonymous. They find people and do bad things to them. My friend ultimately won an award of apprx $6-7,000,000 from TCOS for their decades-long effort to harrass him, and even to kill him.

There are many well intentioned individuals - seekers - who wind up in this group. They prey on the vulnerable. They use a full court press to endoctrinate members of the Hollywood elite to use as a showcase, wining and dining them on fancy yhats and what not. But be not fooled. This is an evil organization at its core. Just do a little research on Hubburt and you will discover his association with the forces of darkness - real live, honest-to-god Satanists and practicioners of black magic like Aleister Crowley who wrote "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."

I am ashamed and horrified that such a thing took place in my home town. But for now, I will busy myself in my control panel to make sure that there is no link to my real name and address.

I have worked with the founders of FactNet, an anti-cult organization that had the majority of efforts spent in exposing the truth about Scientology (TCOS.)

As some of you may know, TCOS is an organization that charges members for "classes" to de-program them from certain influences.  There is a pyramid of "conciousness" that members climb, ever gaining a greater and great level of "clear thinking."  When you study their ideology you will soon discover that they are very much the science fiction brain child of Hubburt who once claimed that he could "invent" a religion.  He was right.

I have read the top secret, extra supperdupper top level, top secret Hubbard documents that members repudidely pay (after all classes and work are included) - if memory serves me - $400,000 semolians.  Let me assure you, they have nothing in common with Christianity.  They have nothing in common with any "real" religion on the face of the earth.  I will go so far as to say that they should be considered an "abhomination" to Christianity, Mohamidism or ANY religion that believes in God.

What they did in Buffalo is nothing compared to what they did to all of us - they sued and intimidated even the IRS to such a point that they gave TCOS tax-exempt status.  If they can do that to the IRS, you do not want to mess with these people.  Their philosophy is one of rooting out any contention, and using the courts to bleed and exhaust any opposition.  I would not even now use my name in writing this post.  In the time I worked in these matters , and with the encouragement of the others, I strictly remained annonymous.  They find people and do bad things to them.  My friend ultimately won an award of apprx $6-7,000,000 from TCOS for their decades-long effort to harrass him, and even to kill him.

There are many well intentioned individuals - seekers - who wind up in this group.  They prey on the vulnerable.  They use a full court press to endoctrinate members of the Hollywood elite to use as a showcase, wining and dining them on fancy yhats and what not.  But be not fooled.  This is an evil organization at its core.  Just do a little research on Hubburt and you will discover his association with the forces of darkness - real live, honest-to-god Satanists and practicioners of black magic like Aleister Crowley who wrote "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.".

Im am ashamed and horrified that such a thing took place in my home time.  But for now, I will busy myself in my control panel to make sure that there is no link to my real name and address.

225202[/snapback]

So, after posting this, do the rest of us on TBD have to worry about these people getting our names and addresses? :D

So, after posting this, do the rest of us on TBD have to worry about these people getting our names and addresses? :D

225209[/snapback]

Only if you are openly against them. I think Im the only one here that would fall into that category. Everyone else is just "talking."

You should see what they did with their headquarters in L.A.!  Something like a $100 Million renovation to an old hospital.  That place is HUGE!  And you can't miss the only sky blue building in Los Angeles.

225142[/snapback]

I've seen that place. They have a celebs only place as well. I've never considered the fact that they probably have a big base here in the Bay Area, but it would make sense given the wacky nature of many people here.

Only if you are openly against them.  I think Im the only one here that would fall into that category.  Everyone else is just "talking."

225222[/snapback]

I've heard stories, like how they covertly set up toll-free hotlines for people trying to get out of Scientology but don't know where to turn to.

That is definately the creepy.

I've heard stories, like how they covertly set up toll-free hotlines for people trying to get out of Scientology but don't know where to turn to. 

That is definately the creepy.

225232[/snapback]

Before TCOS convinced the courts to conduct a raid on their opposition (and to confiscate all their documents - world-wide) I read of many cases where individuals were horased, and a couple where they were possibly murdered. My friend's case is the most famous, but after finally settling and getting his money, he has "disapeared." Even now I suspect he lives in fear of these people.

I live a block away from their headquarters in Hollywood but I'm not affiliated with them in any way. From the look of their real estate, they have a lot of money at their disposal.

L. Ron Hubbard was a member of a group of writers that hung out with Robert Heinlein. Heinlein once told them that the best way to protect an organization's assets was to make it a church. Hubbard just took Heinlein's idea and ran with it; at a science-fiction convention he was heard saying that the best way to become rich was to found one's own religion.

Hubbard was only a so-so science-fiction writer but he did a bang-up job getting rich off of religion.