Bryce's Fumble

Webster Guy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, i just went and rewatched the play..I was wrong, Chandler initially had the ball hit him in the hands about 5 yards deep in the endzone, does not get enough of his hands on the ball, hits his knee, and then he tries to recover while staying in bounds. So, he could have made the play.

People seem to forget that recovering a fumble is NOT a given. It's not like the thing bounces predictably.

Admittedly, I'm of the "If it hits you in the hands, you need to catch it" camp when it comes to receivers, and I can't make much of an exception for fumble recoveries. But...c'mon, it's Chandler. A double amputee would have had as much of a chance.

YES X 1000

They ran that swing pass three times for a first down. Each time it was gorgeous. When was the last time we saw that play so flawlessly executed...so consistently?

People that say that Orton was off the entire game were ignoring each of those passes amongst several others. The only way he gets 12 yards a pop like that is perfect passes catching them in full stride and able to accelerate beyond the charging LB. They are not at all easy throws. They are easy completions not easy throws. 6 inches to a foot either way and he is not catching it in full stride or making guys miss because he one fast mo fo.

People seem to forget that recovering a fumble is NOT a given. It's not like the thing bounces predictably.

Admittedly, I'm of the "If it hits you in the hands, you need to catch it" camp when it comes to receivers, and I can't make much of an exception for fumble recoveries. But...c'mon, it's Chandler. A double amputee would have had as much of a chance.

Plus, that ball was spinning like a top; no way you fault Chandler on that.

I want to know wtf was Watkins doing on the play...dude should have been blocked, Watkins standing there doing nothing as he chopped the ball out...

Little details man, little things that playoff teams make sure are done right...

Hogan had the right idea heading into the end zone. The Brown fumble bothered me, but I was even louder later in the game when he was running again with the ball away from his body. It was a nice run, but he was asking for a repeat. Learn from mistakes!