Bills vs. Chiefs Postgame

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stat goes back to LAST YEAR. Orton accounts for 5 games out of the 24 for Christ's sake. Obviously Orton hasn't done his job in the red zone the last 2 games but he did his job in the red zone the first couple of games.

You want to blame Orton for last season too? Go for it - it would be on par with your other ridiculous comments.

Mr Clueless. I am talking about THIS season.

The RED ZONE % has been dropping WEEK TO WEEK over the last 3 weeks. look it up, you might actually learn something.

all future Troll posts on this subject will be ignored

Watkins takes all but 5 reps: Bills' playtime percentages vs. KC

by Joe Buscaglia

2993325.jpg?1415642802

Even with the availability of two of the top offensive playmakers on the Buffalo Bills roster, the team suffered a narrow defeat at home against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Fred Jackson and Sammy Watkins were each active for the game but had differing roles for how the game plan was constructed. Some of that story can be told through the official playtime percentages from the Bills 17-13 loss to the Chiefs.

9 offensive snaps for Goodwin? What's the point?

Chiefs benefited from Bills' late-game strategy

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. – Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone faced an interesting decision late in Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs. The Bills, down 17-13, faced a fourth-and-10 at the Chiefs’ 15 with 2:32 to play and three timeouts plus the two-minute warning remaining.

Marrone had the Bills try to score the touchdown, or at least convert to get a fresh set of downs, rather than kick a field goal and play to get the ball back, at that point needing only another field goal to win. Marrone’s strategy didn‘t work. The Bills’ fourth-down pass was incomplete.

Soloman Wilcots said the exact same thing during the broadcast. With the way the Bills' defense was playing all game long, it would have been a good play to kick the FG there given the down and distance.

Yeah, I watched my DVR tonight. The only thing that I disagreed with him was he kept saying kick and then onside kick it. No need for that. I'd play field position with the D we have and try to get the ball back around the 40 or so.

is the impersonator holding a menu in his hands?

Yeah, it is a menu. Good catch. Good article on him in the News. Last year, he stood next to my friends and I at the concession stand at halftime, and you we did a total double take, and then were dying laughing. Kudos to that guy:

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/11/10/behind-vine-fake-andy-reid-story-lookalike-fan-went-viral/

Chiefs 17 Bills 13: NFL Grades Week 10

KC.png B-

When the Chiefs watch film of this game, they're probably going to be pretty surprised to find out they won. The Chiefs defense was the definition of 'bend, but don't break.' Buffalo got inside of Kansas City's 10-yard line three times during the second and third quarters and only came away with six points.

BUF.png C+

If the Bills miss the playoffs by one game, they're going to be kicking themselves over this loss. The turning point came in the third quarter when Bills RB Bryce Brown took a hand off at the five-yard line and fumbled it out of the end zone for a Chiefs touchback. A touchdown would have put Buffalo up 17-3 in a game they lost 17-13.

Dissecting Sammy Watkins' quiet afternoon

It hasn't taken long for Sammy Watkins to become a vital cog in the Buffalo Bills' offense.

Consider this: When Watkins has more than 30 receiving yards, the Bills are 5-0. When he has 30 or fewer, the Bills are 0-4.

Watkins was targeted 10 times in Sunday's 17-13 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, catching just four passes for 27 yards.

So what happened? Here's a breakdown of each of Watkins' 10 targets:

Thirty-four things you need to know from Week 10

Kansas City Chiefs 17, Buffalo Bills 13

1. Buffalo's late-game magic and the Kyle Orton revival story ran out of gas. The Bills dominated for three quarters but didn't take advantage, only building a 13-3 lead. Then they fell apart. Orton had a lot of errant throws, especially in the red zone. His misfires late in the fourth quarter will haunt him. He had Chris Hogan open for the go-ahead touchdown and airmailed the pass.

2. Ron Parker was the MVP of the game for the Chiefs, now 6-3 on the season. Really. He was matched up against Sammy Watkins for much of the day and held the rookie to 27 yards. The key sequence of the game came when Parker forced a fumble on Bryce Brown as the Bills appeared headed for a 17-3 lead. Scott Chandler dropped the recovery in the end zone and the Chiefs got the ball back on a touchback. Parker continued to break up passes the rest of the way.

3. Alex Smith was under constant assault by a dominant Bills defensive line all game, but he made the key plays when he needed. A great escape on third-and-long set up an early field goal. He made a picture-perfect throw on third-and-16 a play before Jamaal Charles' 39-yard touchdown. And Smith rushed it in from 8 yards out for the go-ahead score. His wheels have won games for the Chiefs this year. Expect the word "moxie" to be used in game recaps.

-- Gregg Rosenthal

Dude is the definition of a loser.

Why do you say that? The guy is playing his a$$ off on defense..Because he fumbled? What about woods dropping a crucial 3rd down catch, or Chandler dropping the ball on third down?.. The guy clearly cares and wants to win, thats the exact type of players I want on this team... I want guys that are hungry and ticked after a loss... he's no loser, he's a player that plays with his heart on his sleeve.. Big deal he fumbled, Yes he cost us 7 points, but so did Bryce brown, so did Orton, so did the coaches, so did Woods, so did Chandler..They all cost us..

@YardsPerPass

This is the 3rd down pass to Hogan, a much tougher throw than the 4th down play, but there is space #Bills

B2LDhoTCIAEWxA6.jpg

This is the 4th down play... Sammy is pretty open, no idea why Orton's throw was so off #Bills

B2LC60SCEAAmkvh.jpg

@YardsPerPass

On 1st and 2nd down... everyone was blanketed... but those last 2 plays.... you would hope that Orton would complete 1 of them #Bills

On the last 4 plays... the Chiefs rushed 5 (cov1 man) on 1st down and then played coverage on the last 3, (cov4, rushed 3w/ cov4, cov2man)

On the bright side... I thought the OL was vastly improved and at least Orton threw to the open guy on the last 2 plays #Bills #8-8

On the Bryce Brown almost TD, really nice blocking by OL, especially Wood and Henderson #Bills

B2LIrzGCQAAChHD.jpg

@YardsPerPass

I'm pretty sure the Chandler overthrow for a TD was a play the coaches put in for the game... don't think I've seen it before #Bills

Here's the miss to 84, really nice play design, mimics the flat to TE that they always run. Chiefs stare at 14 #Bills

B2LKXWMIAAAVxQX.jpg

I thought the OL might have played its best game all season. #GoodNews

@YardsPerPass

This is the 3rd down pass to Hogan, a much tougher throw than the 4th down play, but there is space #Bills

B2LDhoTCIAEWxA6.jpg

This is the 4th down play... Sammy is pretty open, no idea why Orton's throw was so off #Bills

B2LC60SCEAAmkvh.jpg

@YardsPerPass

On 1st and 2nd down... everyone was blanketed... but those last 2 plays.... you would hope that Orton would complete 1 of them #Bills

On the last 4 plays... the Chiefs rushed 5 (cov1 man) on 1st down and then played coverage on the last 3, (cov4, rushed 3w/ cov4, cov2man)

On the bright side... I thought the OL was vastly improved and at least Orton threw to the open guy on the last 2 plays #Bills #8-8

On the Bryce Brown almost TD, really nice blocking by OL, especially Wood and Henderson #Bills

B2LIrzGCQAAChHD.jpg

@YardsPerPass

I'm pretty sure the Chandler overthrow for a TD was a play the coaches put in for the game... don't think I've seen it before #Bills

Here's the miss to 84, really nice play design, mimics the flat to TE that they always run. Chiefs stare at 14 #Bills

B2LKXWMIAAAVxQX.jpg

I thought the OL might have played its best game all season. #GoodNews

I see open people.....

@YardsPerPass

Andy Reid totally drew up a masterpiece for the crucial 3rd down. Got Kelce wide open vs 8 guys in coverage #Bills

B2LQyQqCYAALitp.jpg

@YardsPerPass

The #Bills last gasp play, was actually a music city miracle throwback play. Almost had it too. Only 2 Chiefs there

B2LSH2ECUAEIA99.jpg

@RyanTalbotBills

#Bills Week 10 Positional Grades http://buf.scout.com...nal-grades?s=24

@YardsPerPass

Dixon's big run... the Chief's OLB dives inside, but look who gets the seal... #Bills #JustCausingTrouble

B2LTT2GCQAAqRTk.jpg

Hali makes another great play... Woods jukes the DB, but Hali jumps into throwing lane and Orton misses #Bills

B2LVBfUCYAE8GWV.jpg

It was obvious that Sammy was hampered:

@ChrisTrapasso

#Bills source just texted me that Sammy Watkins was "about 70 or 80 percent" healthy against the Chiefs. Groin was the issue, ribs "ok" now.