Bills vs. Chiefs Postgame

We had all three time outs, and the 2 minute warning. We would not have had 20-30 seconds. If we stopped them, we would have had a ton of time.

If it was 4th and 5, I'd say go for it, but 4th and ten, kick it, and then you have a great opp to get another one.

I suggested it and the guy in front of me, who I've never seen, took it as an affront. I was telling my friends the merits, and he kept turning around and saying NO!

Soloman Wilcots said the exact same thing during the broadcast. With the way the Bills' defense was playing all game long, it would have been a good play to kick the FG there given the down and distance.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiefs show growth in comeback win over Bills

In their comeback win over the Bills, the Chiefs showed how they've grown since the Colts roared back from a 28-point deficit against them in last year's playoffs. But is the AFC playoff picture any clearer?

@salmaiorana

Kind of a gloomy #Bills morning after, I know. Here's my 3 and Out package: 3 questions, quotes, numbers. http://on.rocne.ws/1qyVW4X via @DandC

this is the best. i imagine you punching through some drywall while screaming this.

Yeah I lost it just a tad. Mainly from hearing the same tired cliches after every single Sabres and Bills loss. It was refreshing to hear Gionta in the Sabres locker room after the last loss say the effort level the entire game was unacceptable, particularly on home ice and is a big reason why we are a bad team. At least he was speaking from the heart and not the cliche book.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Ball security’s impact on win column

No one needs to tell any player, coach or football fan how critical protecting the football is if you want your team to come out ahead on the scoreboard at the end of the game. When looking at this year’s league fumble statistics that fact is only reinforced.

The Bills have had their issues with ball security at times this season. In fact they’re tied for the second-most fumbles in the NFL this season (16), and are tied for fifth in most fumbles lost (8). Only the Jets have more total fumbles (19) and Dallas, the Giants and Pittsburgh lead the league in fumbles lost (10) with Philadelphia right behind them (9).

Mario’s sack streak reaches six

Bills DE Mario Williams had one of Buffalo’s half dozen sacks in Sunday’s game as the defense is on the most torrid sack pace in franchise history through the first nine games of a season. Not surprisingly, Williams is on a streak of his own.

@YardsPerPass

1) #Bills really outplayed KC, lots had to go wrong in order for them to lose... but that was allowed to happen b/c of conservative coaching (Agree)

2) Not going for it on 4th and 1, made the #Bills go for it on 4th and 10 later on (Should have gone for the 4th and 1, but it didn't force their hand on 4th and 10)

3) Didn't like the decisions on the last drive... Will be interesting to see all-22 on the last 4 passes #Bills (Too many shots into the EZ IMO)

4) Have to go for it on 4th and 10... if you kick FG, still need a stop. Go for win and have "stop" as backup plan rather than the plan (Don't necessarily agree with this)

5) Really surprised that #Bills went away from the run when it finally seemed to be working in 2nd half... (Agree. KC is exploitable in the running game)

6) Playing so conservatively means that you must play mistake-free, big plays against you hurt even more #Bills

7) Bryce Brown looked really good... wouldn't be surprised to see him as the starter next year #Bills

8) Sticking to my original Orton prediction... This team finishes 8-8

Does anyone really get upset when a coach goes for it on 4th & 1? Seems like almost everyone now knows the wrong decision is to kick #Bills (Please call Doug Marrone)

Well of course he does.

@mikerodak

Just spoke to Mike Williams about being deactivated Sunday vs. Chiefs. He said he feels it was "the wrong decision."

Ups and downs for Buffalo Bills

A look at which players are "up" and which players are at the opposite end of the spectrum after the Buffalo Bills' 17-13 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs:

what, no EJ to blame so you want to discuss the issue?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: that was great

The stat goes back to LAST YEAR. Orton accounts for 5 games out of the 24 for Christ's sake. Obviously Orton hasn't done his job in the red zone the last 2 games but he did his job in the red zone the first couple of games.

You want to blame Orton for last season too? Go for it - it would be on par with your other ridiculous comments.

@WGR550

Fred Jackson coming up next on WGR

Jackson on Loss: To get to where we want to be we have to beat a team like t hat

Jackson: We need to have a short memory because we have a big divisional game coming up

Jackson on Miami: They aren't going to be feeling sorry for us so we need to go down there ready to play

Jackson on Running Game: Bryce and Boobie did a tremendous job running the ball yesterday

Jackson on Red zone Possessions: We knew what we wanted to do in those situations, we just didn't execute. We didn't get it done

Fred Jackson says the play where Henderson jumped offside, the Bills weren't planning on going for it, they were trying to draw KC offside

Jackson on 4th and 1: We wanted to go for it, its human nature to want to get the job done, but we are going to do what our coaches say

We had all three time outs, and the 2 minute warning. We would not have had 20-30 seconds. If we stopped them, we would have had a ton of time.

If it was 4th and 5, I'd say go for it, but 4th and ten, kick it, and then you have a great opp to get another one.

I suggested it and the guy in front of me, who I've never seen, took it as an affront. I was telling my friends the merits, and he kept turning around and saying NO!

I wanted to kick the field goal. Kick it. Not punt it. I may have been off on the time, but you absolutely take any chance you can to put points on the board in the fourth quarter.

@mikerodak

Just spoke to Mike Williams about being deactivated Sunday vs. Chiefs. He said he feels it was "the wrong decision."

Stir that pot, Mikey. Stir it.

It will not be long, if it hasn't already happened/begun to happen, that Mikey is blackballed from coaches.

@mikerodak

Doug Marrone told me that Mike Williams had his best week of practice last week. Made a stronger case to be active.

exactly my point.

Rodhack is really trying to spin drama in to this situation. What did that bit of information tell us? Rodhack does not know how to differentiate news from fluff. Marrone could have easily told him "I think Mike Williams is one of the best WR's in the league" or "Mike Williams offers this roster something very special." Marrone was not going to criticize the guy.

He simply tweets about anything he can find.

Mike Williams says it was 'wrong decision' for Bills to deactivate him

That meant veteran Mike Williams was deactivated for the second time in the past four games. Williams disagreed with the call that left him as the odd man out.

"Anytime I don't play, I think it's the wrong decision," Williams said Monday. "But I'm a team player, so if they think that's best for the team, then it's time I gotta sit down for what's best for the team."

Why was it the wrong decision?

"Because I know for a fact that it is. I know my abilities, I know my talents, I know how I can help," he said. "That's why I think it's the wrong decision. But from the team aspect, that's the coach's decision to make that.

"I know what I want is -- a lot of people want another thing. People want contracts... you can't get what you want. But that's just something I couldn't get."