Bills vs. Chiefs Postgame

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reading a lot of reviews on Eric Wood's play today and not seeing anything good.

Did he truly have that bad of a game? I know Poe gets a lot of recognition but he is as overrated as possible - Wood is having an awful season. Wonder what the deal is...

reading a lot of reviews on Eric Wood's play today and not seeing anything good.

Did he truly have that bad of a game? I know Poe gets a lot of recognition but he is as overrated as possible - Wood is having an awful season. Wonder what the deal is...

The deal is standing to his right (and pre-Ubrik, his left as well). In my opinion at least.

Wood had a couple of glaring errors today when he failed to pick up a stunt by Hali and also on a goal to go play where he was abused by Poe for a sack. The Bills gave Orton plenty of clean pockets today and actually had some success running the ball so it'll be interesting to see how he grades out for today's game.

!@#$ you !@#$ you !@#$ you !@#$ you you !@#$ing rooster sucking piece of ****. I am so !@#$ing sick of the same !@#$ing god damn bull **** from the Sabres and Bills players and coaches after every game. We have to get better, we have to focus on the next game, we have to execute. and so !@#$ing on. !@#$ you all, stop talking about it game after game and week after week and !@#$ing act like you mean it. !@#$.

God Marrone pisses me off.

this is the best. i imagine you punching through some drywall while screaming this.

Ouch. Thats a problem indeed.

How much of it is the players and how much is the system/plays called in red zone?

It's all play calling on this one. 2 shots at the end zone on that last drive, they should have gone with a shorter yardage grab.

The talent is on this team, the play calling from the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball sucks down in the red zone more often than not.

This loss is a very big blow to the playoff hunt, I give them a 30% chance of getting in now.

@WGRZSports

The #Bills get a D in @salmaiorana's report card. How do you grade them?(@USATsportsImage) http://bit.ly/141T3Vy

Not a D.

Individually some players grade lower then others, but overall, not a D.

edit: While I place this loss on the players we still could have won this game from a much more manageable point. Fumbles happen, turnovers and bad plays happen and that is part of the game. At the end of the game we had an opportunity despite all of our shortcomings and I think that if we would have went for it on 4th and 1 we would have succeeded. At that point, even kicking a field goal would have been a much better option. I would not have punted. On 4th and 10, I definitely would have kicked it. I do not think KC showed enough competence on offense to have run the clock at that point and we would have stopped with 20-30 seconds on the clock likely somewhere closer then 60 yards to the end zone with the score within 1 and a kicker who looked good.

Edited by jboyst62

What if the D is for Defense? ;)

see the edit. it's not for D. I think all aspects of the game we played were at the C-ish level. We played competently enough to play. Our weakest aspect was at QB but our blocking made up for some of those shortcomings.

The coaching made the difference at the end of the day.

Not a D.

Individually some players grade lower then others, but overall, not a D.

edit: While I place this loss on the players we still could have won this game from a much more manageable point. Fumbles happen, turnovers and bad plays happen and that is part of the game. At the end of the game we had an opportunity despite all of our shortcomings and I think that if we would have went for it on 4th and 1 we would have succeeded. At that point, even kicking a field goal would have been a much better option. I would not have punted. On 4th and 10, I definitely would have kicked it. I do not think KC showed enough competence on offense to have run the clock at that point and we would have stopped with 20-30 seconds on the clock likely somewhere closer then 60 yards to the end zone with the score within 1 and a kicker who looked good.

We had all three time outs, and the 2 minute warning. We would not have had 20-30 seconds. If we stopped them, we would have had a ton of time.

If it was 4th and 5, I'd say go for it, but 4th and ten, kick it, and then you have a great opp to get another one.

I suggested it and the guy in front of me, who I've never seen, took it as an affront. I was telling my friends the merits, and he kept turning around and saying NO!