Bills consistently giving up points at the end of 2nd quarters..

BillsFan130

Is it just me or do the bills give atleast 3 points or extra possessions to teams at the end of the half? Whether its a turnover, miss managing the clock or just lousy possessions it seems like the bills are notorious for not closing out the half.. Great win yesterday but this is definitely a concern going forward

My take on it is that the coaching staff doesn't really commit to running out the clock, nor trying to score fast. They try to do both and fail. They run on first down, like we're gonna run out the clock, then pass on 2nd and third like we're trying to score. If those passes are incomplete, we barely burn any time.

If it were me, I'd pass on first down, if it's complete, keep passing. If it's not, run on second and third.

Then again, Orton may be changing the plays at the line and checking into what he sees, which means it's not really the coaching staff's fault.

it's a matter of preparedness.. having multiple plans that take into account starting field position, score, clock left, time outs left, whether you'll receive the 2nd half KO, and how you've been defended - what's worked, and what hasn't. you put that together and make a decision that at worst, doesn't give the opponent a chance to score before the half. now, all of that goes out the window when the team doesn't execute.. but like everything else on a football field, it starts with a plan and branches out into contingencies.