Clapton/ The Band and? Help old timers

Hammered a Lot

I have heard Clapton point to that specific show (Buffalo) as the spring-board for him realizing he had a serious substance problem....the first time he says he seriously tried to sober himself up...I wasn't there, but I have heard many stories about that show over the years.

http://www.geetarz.o...-06-buffalo.htm

Here's a bit more info, what a mess of a night.

Byline war memorial stadium? He must have got drunk twice. The one I went to was at Rich. Yeah I do remember he was drunk. We hopped the fence [you could do that in 1974-in 1975 or 76 they put a snow fence around the perimeter of the main fence with a 100 foot corridor that mounted sheriffs patrolled.] As we where climbing in we where wondering what in the world was going on in there. All sorts of random guitar noise followed by mindless babble. As soon as we got in it was obvious Clapton was drunk.

I appreciate this thread. I've heard alot of Clapton in my day, but I'm only in my 30's. This Rich Stadium concert was before my time here...

I saw him twice in 2001. Once in St. Peter's in Russland, and once here in the old hometown, at Marine Midland Arena. This

stuck out from that tour.

my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think he fell over a few times... and he was throwing out quite a few f-bombs.

Holy ****! He fell down? I've seen some really !@#$ed up performers over the years (the "toxic twins" come to mind) but I never saw anyone fall over.

One gig the band I played in many years ago our lead guitarist leaned into the baby grand our keyboardist was using and said "I'm so !@#$ed up!" Well of course the piano was mic'd and it went through the PA. I was sick that day so I didn't partake in the preshow pot-fest so needless to say I was pissed.

Just got done watching the (excellent) documentary about Ginger Baker... as fugged up as EC may have been in those days, Ginger makes him look like a school-boy drinking Boones Farm...

Ginger, though a great drummer, was and I think still is, a dumb!@#$ !@#$. And emphasis on dumb.

Edited by Chef Jim

Not sure if any of you remember the epic and transcendental band from Jamestown called Zeta Cauliflower.

On about their only album release Big Blue Ball, one of their members, I won't say who, was so inspired to step up the mic, during the song (Or That), and say, "I dedicate this song to My Mom... for F-ing me into this World!"

I thought that was the coolest thing ever.