Your favorite/most memorable Super Bowl??

Like A Mofo

Just curious what is your favorite/most memorable Super Bowl ever (exclusing the ones the Bills participated in)

Mine is SB 23 Cincy vs San Fran..great game and I loved seeing Cincy lose after seeing the Bills lose the 88 AFC Championship game at Cincy....

Yours?

I really enjoyed this one, even though it wasn't a particularly good game.

For the life of me, I don't know why more teams don't use a hulking, powerful defensive player in short yardage situations like the Bears used the Fridge. On fourth and one, I'd be comfortable letting big Sam Adams bull his way into the line!

Anyway, the Bears' 1985 season was fun to watch. I always root for blue collar teams that play outside in frigid weather.

Super Bowl XXXII, easily. It was the end of the NFC's run for God-knows-how-many years. Watching Elway dive for that first down late in the 3rd showed me everything I needed to know about him. Classic game.

Not to mention, it was a battle of QBs that I admired watching through high school, college, and today. You can't get much better than a SB matchup of Elway & Favre.

SBIV Chiefs vs. Vikings. What made it so memorable is that it was the last game played between the NFL and AFL. The merger began 3 years eariler and the pompas ass NFLers' lambasted the 'minor' league as Vince's boys won the first 2. The Jets incredible upset the previous year was passed off with disdain by these same 'experts' as a true fluke. But Len Dawson & Co. (who beat the Bills to get to but lose the 1st SB) were back and would not be denied against 'Injun' Joe Kapp and the vaunted Vikings. 3 Stenerud FG's and the '35 toss power trap' made for an insurmountable lead and the 'death' of the AFL stood forever TIED with the great NFL!

GO AFL!!

:rolleyes:

Dallas / Pitt

SBX & SBXIII

at the time, they were the closest SB games played. the Cowboys were actually respectable back then. Landry, Roger Staubach, Randy White, Harvey Martin, Too Tall,

Waters, Harris, Newhouse, Pearsonx2, etc...

On the other side, Knoll, Mean Joe, Ham, Lambert, Bradshaw, Harris, Stallworth, Swan, Webster, Blunt, Blier, etc...

Great names, and 2 great games.

Steelers/Cowboys in 1978. A true "Clash of the Titans". Those may be the 2 best teams in NFL history.

Wasn't that the SB the Steelers SHOULDN'T have gone to? Seriously, very late in the AFC Championship vs. Houston, Pastorini threw a TD pass to -I think- Renfro- who clearly caught it at the back of the endzone for a score. The ref didn't see it and ruled him out of bounds and there was NO REPLAY! A horrible error kept forever and sent the Steelers UNDESERVEDLY back to the bowl..

fuggin refs! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

My first thought is Titans/Rams.  It was great seeing them lose by 1 yard after that crap that happened to us.

223960[/snapback]

That's my pick, though XIX ranks up there just 'cause Danny Boy got his ass handed to him. :rolleyes: And he's still crying about it.

Marino 29 of 50 for 318, 1 TD, 2 INT

Dolphins rushing for the game...25 yds!

Denver beating Green Bay. I really got on the Elway bandwagon for that one. I didn't want to see them have to get the same crap that Kelly and Bills did.

Plus, the whole NFC 'dominance' thing had to be stopped no matter what.

I really enjoyed this one, even though it wasn't a particularly good game.

For the life of me, I don't know why more teams don't use a hulking, powerful defensive player in short yardage situations like the Bears used the Fridge. On fourth and one, I'd be comfortable letting big Sam Adams bull his way into the line!

Anyway, the Bears' 1985 season was fun to watch. I always root for blue collar teams that play outside in frigid weather.

223934[/snapback]

I watched that one in a room full of New Englanders at college. Between that game and the 86 WS, the chowda heads were ready to kill themselves. :rolleyes:

I think the recent Super Bowls of the late 90s and on have been much better games than in the past, but my personal favorite was the Niners-Bengals, with Montana and Rice winning it on that last back-breaking drive, as Boomer was even doing his Disney World speech.