On to the Jets

Gisele

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have no weapons on offense. Don't get cute this week and decide to blitz Geno. Make him throw into 7 and 8 man coverages. Spikes should get plenty of field time as even he can stay with their TE's.

Our line is awful and I don't think Orton makes it to the end of the game.

I fear a lack of a running game and some ill timed sacks will put the offense in bad situations. As I posted elsewhere I would spread them out and go four and five wide with Chandler. Lee Smith should never see the field unless the Bills are up by three scores. I don't think the Bills can pass protect even if they go max protect. Therefore I think the best way to beat the rush is a very quick passing game. Let Orton do what he does best, make decent decisions pre-snap and find their weakness. Rex will counter with exotic blitzes.

Lastly run no-huddle. Best way to beat a d-line is tire them out. They can't pass rush when they are breathing hard.

Have to think it will be a tight, defensive game and the winner will be the QB who makes less mistakes. It will be interesting to watch Sammy against Miliner.

miliner is on IR.

Don't put it past Rex to pull a fast one. No one expects a pass break up from a hobbled guy in street clothes. The Bills will never see it coming.

I fear we're walking into a hornets nest.

Very bad vibe on this one. I'd feel the same if we were great yesterday.

They're sick of losing, have played markedly better by the week and their season can still be saved.

You're not wrong, this game will not be easy. The Jests have a terrific defensive front, with arguably two of the best players in the league playing on it. That would worry teams with competent guards, let alone one with the audacity to start an inept boob like Pears at RG. Not having Freddy is a double whammy as he's by far the best pass blocking back on the roster and is great at helping to identify Rex's more exotic looks. So, there's certainly reasons for angst.

If I can offer you some hope, maybe it's this. The one thing I've learned beyond all else from the past 14 years is that QB play makes the difference above all else. Geno is not a good QB at present. He's capable of putting up a good game here and there as he did last week, but consistency is not his strong suit and the hardest thing for a young QB to learn. No matter what you think of Orton, right now he's light years ahead of Geno in experience and consistency from week to week. That may well end up being the difference in this game, which is why I feel like this is a winnable game despite the extreme mismatch the Bills offensive line (and I do mean offensive) is facing this week.

They've spankes the Bills last couple of times they played in Jersey. Not sure I see much different espescially if the Bills turn the ball over like they did yesterday.

the Bills are a very different team than played there in week 3 last year, fwiw. Yet they lost only on a last minute TD given up by a CB no longer here and a DC no longer here. Not really "spanked."

We shut down there running game and put the game on genos back. He then begins to turn the ball over. Harvin might have a couple of plays, but he isn't true wideout. He is guy that has to special plays designed for him. We win by a touchdown. Bryce Browns coming out party.

W

We shut down there running game and put the game on genos back. He then begins to turn the ball over. Harvin might have a couple of plays, but he isn't true wideout. He is guy that has to special plays designed for him. We win by a touchdown. Bryce Browns coming out party.

W

It's neither here nor there. :lol:

Geno won't have a good game against the Bills defense. And this game won't be as ugly as it was last year when the Jets had 20 penalties and were just begging the Bills to beat them. The Bills are going to win this one and bring the Jets back down to reality. The Jets suck. Their record is what it is because they suck. Orton is spreading the ball around well. I think the Bills take a big step forward this week and start looking more impressive.

Geno won't have a good game against the Bills defense. And this game won't be as ugly as it was last year when the Jets had 20 penalties and were just begging the Bills to beat them. The Bills are going to win this one and bring the Jets back down to reality. The Jets suck. Their record is what it is because they suck. Orton is spreading the ball around well. I think the Bills take a big step forward this week and start looking more impressive.

i forgot about the penalties! Is Kyle Wilson still there? Hope so.

lol..i think they're down pretty far already.