Hiding in Plain Sight

rfk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what I said? I said that the Bills are in more dire need of an upgrade at guard than any other team in the league right now. I didn't think it was super complicated statement.

So why is Incognito available then if other trans need help at guard?

That's not what I said? I said that the Bills are in more dire need of an upgrade at guard than any other team in the league right now. I didn't think it was super complicated statement.

Not super complicated, but an ill informed statement IMO. Have you noticed who SD is trotting out there at OG, the Eagles, the Falcons? There are several other teams with interior offensive line issues equal to or greater than Buffalo's.

Yet, perennial all pro Ritchie Incognito remains at home. Obviously there is a reason for that.

Not super complicated, but an ill informed statement IMO. Have you noticed who SD is trotting out there at OG, the Eagles, the Falcons? There are several other teams with interior offensive line issues equal to or greater than Buffalo's.

Yet, perennial all pro Ritchie Incognito remains at home. Obviously there is a reason for that.

San Diego and the Eagles seem to be doing fine with their Guards. Proof of that is in their records. Saying their need at guard is greater than the Bills' is reaching.

The whole point is that our guard play can be directly pointed to for causing us to lose games. We've rushed for less than 100 yards total in each game we've lost this season and rushed for over 100 yards in every win with the single exception of the Lions game, which we would have lost had their kicker not missed 3 FGs.

Even if there is a guard or two starting somewhere in the league that are a little worse than ours, I doubt they're as much of a reason for their team losing as ours is for the Bills. This team absolutely needs to be able to run successfully to get anything going this season or we're going to lose a lot more "sure wins" than just the Texans game. The defense is fine. The passing game with Orton is fine. Our special teams is fine. Our running game, because of our guards, is not. It's the only thing holding us back.

I don't care if they had to clone Hitler to throw some pads on him and put him at G if he would be an upgrade over what we have now. Do it. People will care a lot less when we're winning games.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

San Diego and the Eagles seem to be doing fine with their Guards. Proof of that is in their records. Saying their need at guard is greater than the Bills' is reaching.

Really? First of all, San Diego is winning in spite of their offensive line play. Both starting guards are out with injuries, and they are now on their 4th starting center after DOUG freaking LEGURSKY'S season ending injury. The Chargers are just short of holding fan try-outs in the parking lot before the game.

I will say it before, and I'll say it again...every coach and GM knows that Incognito is career suicide. Especially given the current climate of the league. Not going to happen.

Who cares who the Chargers have at guard as long as they're winning? That's my point. The Bills AREN'T WINNING IN SPITE OF THEIR GUARDS.

And I'd say continuing to let the division slip away with this much talent on the roster is the biggest form of career suicide there is. This team can still go 10-6 and beat out the Patriots with better guard play. They certainly won't if the guard play stays consistently this bad.

Who cares who the Chargers have at guard as long as they're winning? That's my point. The Bills AREN'T WINNING IN SPITE OF THEIR GUARDS.

I don't really know what your point is, dude. You say the Bills have the worst OG situation in the NFL, and thus, should go out and sign Richie Incognito. I point out that there are other teams with horrible situations at OG (which you dismiss) yet none of them have reached out to Incognito. There is a good reason for that.

What is your point exactly?

I don't care if they had to clone Hitler to throw some pads on him and put him at G if he would be an upgrade over what we have now. Do it. People will care a lot less when we're winning games.

I'm definitely against bringing in a cloned Hitler to play guard. Too much baggage and negative publicity........

Edited by bobm

I don't really know what your point is, dude. You say the Bills have the worst OG situation in the NFL, and thus, should go out and sign Richie Incognito. I point out that there are other teams with horrible situations at OG (which you dismiss) yet none of them have reached out to Incognito. There is a good reason for that.

What is your point exactly?

My point is that the Bills should sign Richie Incognito to play at guard this year.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

My point is that the Bills should sign Richie Incognito to play at guard this year.

Do you honestly think this is a realistic option? If you were a GM trying to prove your worth to new ownership, would you make this move knowing the very real potential for disaster? Hell, Incognito could behave like an Eagle Scout in Buffalo, and the bad press alone might be enough for Whaley to be fired.

I'm not saying Incognito wouldn't be an upgrade over our current OG's. I'm saying that signing Incognito is unrealistic, and it's never going to happen. That is my point.