Freddy on Orton

First off, I was very concerned about Freddy's injury, as he looked like he was down on the field in a lot of pain. It looked like he pulled a hamstring. He did gut it out and return to the game, so all I can think of is it might have just been a cramp. Now CBS sports is saying its an ankle?

Anyway, didn't see this posted anywhere on TBD, and its worth a look as it provides a good prospective from what the players see with EJ's benching. It actually was for the best. Watch the Vid.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24741059/fred-jackson-on-kyle-orton-definitely-good-to-have-a-veteran-out-there

I love me some Fredex!

any cliff notes for those not able to watch a video currently?

Okie, link not working?

"One cool thing Jackson did for Manuel was reach out to the young quarterback and let him know to keep his head up; Jackson understands being replaced, with both Marshawn Lynch and C.J. Spiller being drafted while he's been in Buffalo.

"I did reach out. It's not something you want to deal with as a player, being told you didn't get the job done and we're going to look to someone else," Jackson said. "That can be very frustrating. I just wanted to make sure he was OK. He's just like any other player. He didn't like it but he wants to win games. He's going to continue to come to work, bust his butt and be that player we want him to be down the road."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24741059/fred-jackson-on-kyle-orton-definitely-good-to-have-a-veteran-out-there

He said on WGR yesterday morning that he sprained his ankle but should be ok.

ahh, thanks for the Info Yolo

I am going to bawl like a baby when Freddie is no longer a bill or retires

i really hope he is offered a lifetime position in some capacity for this team. AFTER his WOF ceremony which should be the game after he retires...WITH a superbowl ring on his finger! i may be dilusinally optimistic, but my man-crush for freddy jackson knows no bounds!

That one handed screen pass Fred caught was a tripple lindie

1 he chipped the defensive end off his track giving Orton a clean pass.

2 he reached back caught it left handed, turned around-- with perfect footwork--so many players fall on their asses doing that.

3 finished the run lowering his shoulder and demolished starting SS Ihidigbo taking him out of the game.

That's a hall of fame play.

2 he reached back caught it left handed, turned around-- with perfect footwork--so many players fall on their asses doing that.

3 finished the run lowering his shoulder and demolished starting SS Ihidigbo taking him out of the game.

That's Freddy!

Plus, that stiff arm in Chicago that actually knocked the defender on his butt while Fredex dives into the endzone. Fans get down on Spiller because he can't do what Fred does... the thing is, not very many can do what Fred does!

It Was awesome, his highlight reel is getting larger on a weekly basis. i still love the stiff arm he gave early on this year. plenty more to come for Fred. Looking forward someday to watching Fred-Ex the movie!!!

I am going to bawl like a baby when Freddie is no longer a bill or retires

Well, he said he promised his son that he'd play four more seasons (three beyond this one), so we still have some time to enjoy. We can understand when he retires in 2018 after scoring the winning touchdown in Superbowl LII. :thumbsup: