Don't get your hopes up...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the OP is getting some unwarranted flack. Simple fact of the matter is, until we get over the NE* hump, we haven't proved anything. Regardless of where we are now vs. then, regardless of where they are now vs. then, we MUST beat them. It's very similar to when Miami was in that seat back in the day. Are we a team built to win the division or not? I'd like to think so, but I need to see it first.

GO BILLS!!!

Hey, the Bills just came off a win. Orton is the future at QB and this D can be one of the all time greats. There is no room for any questioning of the team right now, that only can come after a loss. And after a loss his post would be too rational, those posts require the poster to demand players to be cut and coaches to be fired.

I do particularly love the posters who resort to calling the OP names because they don't like what he says. Classy.

So what's the worst that could happen? I get my hopes up and they let me down? Been there, done that -- and probably will again. As others have said, that's the point of being a fan. At the end of the day, it's not life and death. If I have to spend the hours and days after the game on Sunday kicking myself for falling for the same crap again and again, life goes on. In the meantime, happy to enjoy some optimism and good news for a few more days (and hopefully more).

Don't get your hopes up? That is literally the only thing Bills fans can do! Of course the Bills can lose on Sunday. We HOPE they will win. How can there be any other way? If your hopes aren't up, you're doing it wrong.

Exactly! Why else are we all here at a site for a team with 14 year playoff drought if not to collectively will our team to win!

I don't know why, but I just get the feeling that this team has a different attitude then years past. I like the mental toughness they have. The seem to be playing like a band of brothers. Could be too much koolaid drinking or we really could be on to something.

for one thing, there were FAs and coaches brought in who are used to winning and going to the playoffs and even SBs (Dixon,C Graham, spikes, pepper, hostler, Bryce Brown) and guys who left who were used to losing (SJ, Byrd, TJ)

I think the OP is getting some unwarranted flack. Simple fact of the matter is, until we get over the NE* hump, we haven't proved anything. Regardless of where we are now vs. then, regardless of where they are now vs. then, we MUST beat them. It's very similar to when Miami was in that seat back in the day. Are we a team built to win the division or not? I'd like to think so, but I need to see it first.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree 100%. Strong's post was simply realistic. I have never see so many guys go ape crazy after one win by this team or one (1) guy's performance.

I laugh when someone starts a thread about who is the "2nd" best QB in the AFC East after Orton's game on Sunday. What? Is this how far we have to go to feel good about ourselves?

We are like a kid who finishes #9 on a video game's Top 10 Scores....and then we crow about it.

I agree 100%. Strong's post was simply realistic. I have never see so many guys go ape crazy after one win by this team or one (1) guy's performance.

I laugh when someone starts a thread about who is the "2nd" best QB in the AFC East after Orton's game on Sunday. What? Is this how far we have to go to feel good about ourselves?

We are like a kid who finishes #9 on a video game's Top 10 Scores....and then we crow about it.

There's a massive difference between "realistic" and "defeatist".

The Bills have to beat the *pats in order to be taken seriously, no one doubts that. But going into the game expecting to lose, even as a fan, is just a foreign concept to a lot of people. I get it's been 14 years of misery, my heart and soul bear those scars, but if you can't see the difference in the amount of talent on this team compared to the previous iterations, then you haven't been paying enough attention. From top to bottom this is the most talented 53 the Bills have had in over a decade. It really is.

But yes, it's all meaningless if they don't take the next step and beat the *pats this weekend. Something this team is more than capable of doing as the *pats are as vulnerable as they have been in a decade and change, regardless of the Cinci game.

GO BILLS!!!

^

This.

I hope, but until this NE Horror show ends, I'm of the 'Show Me' mentality.

I guess I'm challenging the notion that there's any need to be realistic. I don't know about you, but I didn't get into following football so I could hone my football analysis skills. That has happened to a degree, but the bottom line for me is I've kept watching and stayed a Bills fan because I can get irrationally hopeful that this is the year they finally turn things around.

Plus, as Bills Fan in MD said above, if the Bills come out and lose this weekend, it's not going to crush me. I have stuff going on in real life that matters. Football is a fun diversion.