Week 6: Patriots' Game Preparation - Mike Williams Inactive

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news is that the Pats hurry up offense that shredded Cincy will be less effective in the noise at the Ralph. Also, I saw Cincy rushing 5 quite often. We should be able to get pressure with less and drop more defenders into coverage. Brady was using every receiver, so covering everyone that extra second or two will allow our d-line to make the type of plays that they've proven capable of making.

People have been talking about stopping the run! I agree 100%. Time for Kyle (If he plays) and Dareus to earn their money. This game still gives me bad memories: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=320930002

ahem. Forgive me if I do not click on that link. We should follow the Raiders example and bury all things Pats* related since 2000.

Game Preview: Patriots travel to face the Buffalo Bills

By New England Patriots

The New England Patriots will travel to face the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium in a battle for first place in the AFC East.

John Breitenbach: High Marks for Watkins, Hughes

John Breitenbach from Pro Football Focus gave a recap of the Bills Lions game in his ReFo piece in which he gave high grades for two Bills players for their performances last Sunday.

Patriots Notebook: Fast pace keeps ‘O’ up to speed

The Patriots had a little more giddyup in their step on offense Sunday night against the Bengals. They didn’t strictly go no huddle, but they pushed the pace from the opening series.

Coordinator Josh McDaniels had Tom Brady and Co. hit the ground running, going up-tempo, and there were times when it really caught the Bengals off-guard and out of position.

We need to see Bradham back to defend against this.

That, or get Rivers on the field. I do think that defending against that scheme is more about the LB's positioning than his coverage ability--the issue, as I see it, is having the instinct to drop first and play forward in the case of a running play versus peaking in the backfield and then trying to sink to a proper zone. Whether or not a guy like Preston Brown can do that is wildly up for debate, especially considering he had similar responsibility on Tate's TD last week and failed to make his drop at the snap.

That, or get Rivers on the field. I do think that defending against that scheme is more about the LB's positioning than his coverage ability--the issue, as I see it, is having the instinct to drop first and play forward in the case of a running play versus peaking in the backfield and then trying to sink to a proper zone. Whether or not a guy like Preston Brown can do that is wildly up for debate, especially considering he had similar responsibility on Tate's TD last week and failed to make his drop at the snap.

If only it was Bradham - Spikes - Kiko as the LB trio. Dammit!