Flash to Marrone: Spller up the middle dosen't work

rcatty

What do you expect? He's a college OC. Isn't that the point?

Wanna see something funny?

It's a joke. Nate Hackett isn't a NFL OC. I get mad when I think about what Sean Payton or Chip Kelly could do with Spiller. We are wasting him.

How is McCoy doing this year with their banged up oline?

You can't make this stuff up.

I must be totally missing your point because it seems like you are justify not scoring as many points. But 3rd down passes 4 yards short of the yard marker are great. :)

Stop kicking EJ while he's down dude.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For two years I have been saying that they need to use him on pitchouts and screens. He is low mileage as a result of his underutilization; I can see another team signing him (Pats perhaps?) and using him like he should be used. He is a weapon, what a shame that this coaching staff doesn't know how to use him. Take a look at how Chip Kelly uses Sproles (look at the stats).

For two years I have been saying that they need to use him on pitchouts and screens. He is low mileage as a result of his underutilization; I can see another team signing him (Pats perhaps?) and using him like he should be used. He is a weapon, what a shame that this coaching staff doesn't know how to use him. Take a look at how Chip Kelly uses Sproles (look at the stats).

I've watched Sproles for years. CJ Spiller is no Sproles. Spiller seems to be petrified of contact and the next tackle he breaks will be the first.

I get your point but Spiller simply isn't physical enough to have sustained success in the NFL. I'd like to see the BILLS use him more like Harvin but I don't think he's even that kind of player.

Fine, let's find numbers to justify a qualitative trait.

Meanwhile, those of us who watch the games would agree: Spiller is no Sproles.

Sproles is PHENOMENAL at setting up blocks. He cuts with authority and his lateral quickness puts CJ's to shame.

I'm well aware, however, that none of these observations are valid in absence of a PFF metric.

but you have to run it. a bunch of times a game. they'll get there. Fairley and Suh are beasts. they don't play those kind of guys every week.

so what your saying is the Bears, Dolphins, Chargers, texans, and Lions all have the best DTs and DL in the league.

Don't worry. Things should get better next week against Wilfork. Or maybe against KCs DLine in a few weeks. Oh, I got it, maybe by Time we play Denver.

Get a grip. You at good players every week. It's the NFL.

Fine, let's find numbers to justify a qualitative trait.

Meanwhile, those of us who watch the games would agree: Spiller is no Sproles.

Sproles is PHENOMENAL at setting up blocks. He cuts with authority and his lateral quickness puts CJ's to shame.

I'm well aware, however, that none of these observations are valid in absence of a PFF metric.

And Hackett is no Payton or Kelly. Can we at least agree on that? Weren't the Eagles sniffing about about Spiller?

And Hackett is no Payton or Kelly. Can we at least agree on that? Weren't the Eagles sniffing about about Spiller?

too bad we didn't get that 4th for him. Could have had an extra draft pick and wouldn't have missed a thing all season.

Chip Kelly started coaching when Hackett was 11. Payton when he was 9.

Combined, they have 16 more years coaching than Hackett has on this planet.

Concede that they're better? I'm fine with that.

Charles often runs between the tackles. But he is better than Spiller and his line is better than Spillers.

It's an awful comparison.

Charles is a substantially better running back, not thanks to his OC. He's a substantially better running back because he's a substantially better running back. Period.

He has WAY better patience, lets his blocks develop, sets up his blocks and knows how to burst through a gap.

He has Freddly like vision and anticipation and he's nearly as fast as Spiller.

I've watched Sproles for years. CJ Spiller is no Sproles. Spiller seems to be petrified of contact and the next tackle he breaks will be the first.

I've been saying that about Spiller forever...He's a first contact and down RB...If he does not make them miss it's over...He drops immediately upon contact...It's really noticeable...He does not have any of that "get small" like Thurman used to do in order to break tackles...it's just not in him... B-)

Dear Defenses,

Our starting running back can't run between the tackles so there's no need to bother defending anything between the numbers. Our backup, however, isn't allergic to contact and can actually see holes that are NFL-sized and then get through them on a regular basis. So when he's in the game: LOOK THE !@#$ OUT!

Sincerely,

The Buffalo BILLS

LOL That about sums it up.

Sounds like we need to find a back and get an interior line who can actually run the game plan.

Wait, I'm sorry. We need to "get him in space." Yes, yes, that's it! Get him in space. That should be easy and it sounds kinda insider-ish. Get him in space. That's the solution that's right in front of the coaching staff's face. Everyone on a message board knows it. How come they don't? Get him in space.

It's about freaking time you understood the value of space...just ask Colton Schmidt. He's dynamic when Crossman gets him in space.