Our final drive....

Bronc24

I'm just replying to your original post. You said the win looked "pretty damn familiar" to you. I'm saying that it looked nothing like those two wins becasue we averaged 150 RYPG which is obviously going to help the QB. Also, Orton had 300 yds passing today (vs the #1 D) EJ averaged 185 YP in his two wins.

So when you look at the three games and say they look the same, the issue here is that you can't seem to remove EJ's _______ from your mouth long enough to be objective.

There's a mature comment. You no longer exist. Bye now.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still didn't mention anything about the 150 rush YPG EJ was working with vs the 49 that Orton had today. Btw, Rodgers and Eli struggled mighty vs the Lions D. But hey, who likes facts?

Wh bring them up? Do they have Freddie or Sammy who bailed out Orton. After this game I am convinced that it is the play calling. We ran so many short dinky throws it was sickening. Hackett doesnt know how to air it out. The offense is very unimaginative. You failed to mention however, that the Detroit Lions have arguably the most dominant DT in the game. And Fairley is no slouch either. Did anyone really expect to go and run up the gut on them? Behind that line. they had crap. Crap linebackers and a crap secondary. There is no way we shouldnt have broken the 300 yard mark today in the air. The FACT is that this team has given up on EJ. The receivers dont believe in him anymore and it shows. Its not an indictment on him. But you know and I know that Sammy wouldnt have tried to make that catch for EJ.

Wh bring them up? Do they have Freddie or Sammy who bailed out Orton. After this game I am convinced that it is the play calling. We ran so many short dinky throws it was sickening. Hackett doesnt know how to air it out. The offense is very unimaginative. You failed to mention however, that the Detroit Lions have arguably the most dominant DT in the game. And Fairley is no slouch either. Did anyone really expect to go and run up the gut on them? Behind that line. they had crap. Crap linebackers and a crap secondary. There is no way we shouldnt have broken the 300 yard mark today in the air. The FACT is that this team has given up on EJ. The receivers dont believe in him anymore and it shows. Its not an indictment on him. But you know and I know that Sammy wouldnt have tried to make that catch for EJ.

Orton and Hackett did air it out. Second half adjustments, 224 yards of offense in the second half.

Keep up the Hackett calls. He can't hit the holes for CJ.

Orton and Hackett did air it out. Second half adjustments, 224 yards of offense in the second half.

Keep up the Hackett calls. He can't hit the holes for CJ.

Orton was a nice show for the day. Lets wait and see if we get the same result when teams have film on Orton. And if there were holes we would get more than 50 yds out of Freddie too. There were a lot of short throws. And Orton is not terribly accurate. The offense needs to be scrapped. Its crap. Point blank

So if you can't run against a team you should always expect to break 300 yds passing? I guess you missed the GB game when Aaron Rodgers passed for 170 when his team only rushed for 70. How about Eli passing for 150 vs the Lions and when they totaled 50 yds rushing as a team. Logic isn't quite there my friend.

Also, if the Lions have one of the best Dlines and the Bills Oline is putrid, why would Hackett go to the 5-7 step drop game? Shorter routes are the way to go while picking your spots to go deep.

Did you read your own post? The WRs gave up on EJ but it's not an indictment of EJ? Who is it an indictment of? Wow.

Orton was a nice show for the day. Lets wait and see if we get the same result when teams have film on Orton. And if there were holes we would get more than 50 yds out of Freddie too. There were a lot of short throws. And Orton is not terribly accurate. The offense needs to be scrapped. Its crap. Point blank

Fred rushed 10 times! That's 5 YPC.

I'm convinced Hackett gets criticism because Spiller sucks. And no one thinks Spiller sucks because he had one good year and everyone talked him up like Barry Sanders.

Edited by FireChan

Orton also wasn't the beneficiary of months of taking first team snaps with this group of players. He had some rust for sure.

The pick 6 was brutal as the CB was baiting him pre-snap on a high school football level….aside from that, the guy exceeded my expectations.

He also did something Manuel hasn't done in his first game----throw for over 300 yards

So if you can't run against a team you should always expect to break 300 yds passing? I guess you missed the GB game when Aaron Rodgers passed for 170 when his team only rushed for 70. How about Eli passing for 150 vs the Lions and when they totaled 50 yds rushing as a team. Logic isn't quite there my friend.

Also, if the Lions have one of the best Dlines and the Bills Oline is putrid, why would Hackett go to the 5-7 step drop game? Shorter routes are the way to go while picking your spots to go deep.

Did you read your own post? The WRs gave up on EJ but it's not an indictment of EJ? Who is it an indictment of? Wow.

Im not defending EJ. However, I am not intrigued by Orton. Freddie is STILL the second leading receiver. I didnt say they had a good D line. I said DT. Suh and Fairley. I said the rest of the defense was crap. I would expect a good show by a QB who has guys piling up YAC yards. Runs after the catch were all on the field. You bring up 2 teams that started off slow and are suggesting what? That because the Giants beat themselves 2 consecutive weeks when they changed offenses, or a Packers team who has 1 real WR. For all the passing weapons we have, there is no way conceivable that todays happenings couldnt occur. Can you really name anyone on that D besides the 2 DTs and Levy? Why didnt you mention that Cam Newton dominated them? So you bring up Aaron Rogers, and Eli because it helps your arguement but dont take into account that Cam Newton, with injured ribs, threw for 281? Why is it I cant just say wait until we play a team that has seen footage, and has a better all around defense before we get so excited?

Fred rushed 10 times! That's 5 YPC.

I'm convinced Hackett gets criticism because Spiller sucks. And no one thinks Spiller sucks because he had one good year and everyone talked him up like Barry Sanders.

5 yds a carry. But had he had holes and not had to drag people you think those 50 yds dont turn to 75? Im not defending Spiller but the fact is we need that line to have an identity. Do they run block or are they pass pro guys? I think my big thing is that Marrone was supposed to be a line guru. And the offensive line is the weakest part of the offense. Thats my gripe. I just want an identity. And I want a team that can get tough yards because the big boys up front do their job.

Im not defending EJ. However, I am not intrigued by Orton. Freddie is STILL the second leading receiver. I didnt say they had a good D line. I said DT. Suh and Fairley. I said the rest of the defense was crap. I would expect a good show by a QB who has guys piling up YAC yards. Runs after the catch were all on the field. You bring up 2 teams that started off slow and are suggesting what? That because the Giants beat themselves 2 consecutive weeks when they changed offenses, or a Packers team who has 1 real WR. For all the passing weapons we have, there is no way conceivable that todays happenings couldnt occur. Can you really name anyone on that D besides the 2 DTs and Levy? Why didnt you mention that Cam Newton dominated them? So you bring up Aaron Rogers, and Eli because it helps your arguement but dont take into account that Cam Newton, with injured ribs, threw for 281? Why is it I cant just say wait until we play a team that has seen footage, and has a better all around defense before we get so excited?

5 yds a carry. But had he had holes and not had to drag people you think those 50 yds dont turn to 75? Im not defending Spiller but the fact is we need that line to have an identity. Do they run block or are they pass pro guys? I think my big thing is that Marrone was supposed to be a line guru. And the offensive line is the weakest part of the offense. Thats my gripe. I just want an identity. And I want a team that can get tough yards because the big boys up front do their job.

So Fred needs to average 7.5 YPC to have a good running day. Got it. The offensive line has been weak since forever. Chan schemed around it, Whaley is trying to draft and overhaul it. We have 3 rookies, two of them are starting on the line. Let's cut them a little slack, no?

Most linemen have to pass and run block. So I don't understand the whole "identity: thing. We got a tough 2 yards for the 2 point conversion, remember?

I think you're discounting the effects having a solid QB will have on the line. If Orton slings it and wins another game, defenses will play the pass more. We'll start running better. It's a tall order to have great rushing days when the D stacks 8. And the sooner CJ starts losing carries, the better. As you can see, even with our weak O-line, Fred dominates consistently. Which is why he's the best back and always has been. I wish he was 24.

Edited by FireChan

Cam Newton dominated? 280 and 1 TD is not domination. I brought up Rodgers and Eli because they're both considered half way decent. Btw, who's the Packers only legit WR, Cobb (6 rec TDs) or Nelson (Leading the NFL in yards)? And who cares if the Lions are doing without big names, you could say the same thing for a lot of defenses but the facts are that they're #1 and that's all that counts.

I'm not saying Orton is the future but he's a hell of a lot better than EJ. He also deserves credit for playing as well as he did without any spring or fall practice and minimal snaps before this week. The tape? Dudes started 70 games in his career, defenses know his tendencies.

EJ wasn't perfect in the 1st two weeks, but the Bills got Ws in both of those games. Looks pretty damn familiar to me.

not as familiar as you claim.....the OP was making a point of where the Bills were on the field with the time remaining we had; and I agree, I don't see us winning TODAY'S game with EJ. You are comparing today with the first 2 ? that's apples & oranges.....

not as familiar as you claim.....the OP was making a point of where the Bills were on the field with the time remaining we had; and I agree, I don't see us winning TODAY'S game with EJ. You are comparing today with the first 2 ? that's apples & oranges.....

You might be correct, but I'll point to Carolina from last season when EJ led the Bills to the winning TD with a pass to Stevie. Apples to apples with the Carolina D being damn good last season.

You might be correct, but I'll point to Carolina from last season when EJ led the Bills to the winning TD with a pass to Stevie. Apples to apples with the Carolina D being damn good last season.

If only games 55 weeks ago counted this year.

I'll point to that 316 yard game Tebow had against that stout Steelers D. He's such a good QB, huh?

Edited by FireChan

You have to appreciate what we have in Orton, something the Bills have rarely had at the QB position: an experienced player with leadership who even though he's 31 doesn't have a lot of miles on him since he's been a backup half his career.

If only games 55 weeks ago counted this year.

I'll point to that 316 yard game Tebow had against that stout Steelers D. He's such a good QB, huh?

It's one on EJ's short resume is the point. With more pressure with them down 6 points where it's score a TD or go home a loser.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Thanks for the advice. :lol:

Was Orton very accurate today?

Thanks for the advice. :lol:

Was Orton very accurate today?

Talk about hitting a softball - Gee, I don't know, is 30/43 or 70% accurate (69.8%) ??? do you want to ignore these numbers too?